Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Got the info, thanks!

My box for Zam is 2/3 made. I bought a bunch of bombers to taste-test before filling out the box. I just moved to Washington from Southern California, so I haven't gotten to everything on my "must try" list, yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Just a reminder to reach out to your box recipient to open lines of communciation and let them know when you're planning on assembling and shipping your box.

And post your boxes of beer when they arrive so we can be jealous!

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Cervixalot posted:

Just a reminder to reach out to your box recipient to open lines of communciation and let them know when you're planning on assembling and shipping your box.

And post your boxes of beer when they arrive so we can be jealous!

I'm shipping your box on Monday. It's all packed and ready to go.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
dphi, your box will go out early next week as well.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Cool!

I dropped Retemnav's off yesterday, look forward to seeing everyone's haul

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Mikey Purp posted:

Same for mine to dphi!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
After several ARDUOUS weeks of sampling all the beers in the area (Washington), I have finally culled together 8 different beers that are dynamite and total over $50.

Zam, I'm shipping it this weekend because we might have a night freeze mid-week. Also, this is Yakima Valley stuff, so it's gonna be hoppy,

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

I failed at getting the box out yesterday, so slight change of plans and I'm going to wait until Monday to ship out. Sorry bout that!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
Zam, I have your beers. Still have to pack them up and get them shipped - maybe by this weekend, early next week at the latest.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I'm shipping your box on Monday. It's all packed and ready to go.

Awesome, you are the best. Thanks man!

dphi, I'm working on your box and will keep you posted on shipping deets.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Cervixalot posted:

Awesome, you are the best. Thanks man!

I totally spaced on shipping your box because of the holiday. It will be going out this upcoming Monday.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Got an awesome box from dphi!

TinyPic embeds no longer work? http://tinypic.com/r/23ts96a/9

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Always good to see a box arrive safely, hope you enjoy everything!

umop apisdn
May 22, 2003
upside down
Sorry I've been out of commission with the flu this last week, Drunk Nerds, your box of Chicago (and a few Michigan) goodies should go out Monday or Tuesday.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

umop apisdn posted:

Sorry I've been out of commission with the flu this last week, Drunk Nerds, your box of Chicago (and a few Michigan) goodies should go out Monday or Tuesday.

We had a really unseasonable freeze, this week, so its good you waited, actually. Should be fine, now.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Box in the mail for Zam! Hope you like it

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I got one out today for dphi. I waited for sun but it seems like it rains a lot there - look out for a box on Saturday and hopefully you're home for it.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

We got surprise snow and lovely temps in Denver this week so I'm going to hold this box until it warms up a bit. Sorry to be a butt.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

spacejung posted:

I got one out today for dphi. I waited for sun but it seems like it rains a lot there - look out for a box on Saturday and hopefully you're home for it.

Haha, no worries, our porch stays dry at least.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Just got a package from HatfulofHollow, who absolutely knocked it out of the park with my box:

A collection from Other Half, Tired Hands, Carton, Oliver Brewing Co, Manor Hill and Forest and Main. I've been dying to try something from Tired Hands for years, and have heard good things about several of the other breweries as well, so I'm super pumped to dig in here.

Thanks so much, HatfulofHollow!

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Cervixalot posted:

Just got a package from HatfulofHollow, who absolutely knocked it out of the park with my box:

A collection from Other Half, Tired Hands, Carton, Oliver Brewing Co, Manor Hill and Forest and Main. I've been dying to try something from Tired Hands for years, and have heard good things about several of the other breweries as well, so I'm super pumped to dig in here.

Thanks so much, HatfulofHollow!

Enjoy man! All the hops are new releases I just had sitting in my fridge along with the manor hill and the oliver, which are two of my favorite shelf turds so I usually have a sixer of both sitting around. I rounded it out with the Coffee Only Void, _______, and Sticky Drippy from my cellar. I opened one of my last COV right before I packed that box just to make sure it was still good to send and it's still quite tasty. Sticky Drippy is one of my favorite TH saisons so I hope you like it. I have 8 more bottles in my cellar because I always max out and trade for it whenever I can.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Zam, FedEx tells me your package just got delivered

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Got my first box from spacejung, I think. Thanks!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

dphi posted:

Got my first box from spacejung, I think. Thanks!

Yep. Yay not broken from dodgy packing job! Enjoy

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'm obsessed with that WolfPup session IPA. Sad They don't have it here in WA
It has polarized my friends, so I'd love to hear your thoughts, dphi

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

I wouldn't normally send a low % but I can't stop drinking it

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'm not a big session IPA fan for the most part but this is one of the better ones I've had. Still kinda watery but the hop flavors are very prominent. Not the best beer for this time of the year but I could see myself crushing a sixer at the beach.

That Bottle Logic Actuator was really nice and mosaic-heavy.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Box 1/3 for second place arrived!

Drunk Nerds sent a box of PNW hops (plus a few stouts and a sour) with a copy of The New World Guide to Beer.

Thank you!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Zam posted:

Box 1/3 for second place arrived!

Drunk Nerds sent a box of PNW hops (plus a few stouts and a sour) with a copy of The New World Guide to Beer.

Thank you!

I'm glad to know they arrived safely.

I am eager to hear your opinions on them, as I am really new to the area, so I had to go on an EXHAUSTING taste-rampage of like 50 beers to find 8 I considered worth sharing. The things I do!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
dphi, send me more Sticky Hands! drat, that was good.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Box 2/3 for second place arrived!

Retemnav sent an awesome box full of NC beer. I can't wait to open the Rum Death by Coconut and Rare Barrel x Wicked Weed collab - and a bunch of other NC beer I'm looking forward to trying.

Thank you!

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
^^ nice!

Mr. Purp also killed it with this box from Colorado:

Have heard great things about Casey and I can't deny that I've succumbed to the hazy IPA trend so these Odd 13 cans are going to get drank tomorrow. Thanks!

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Received this awesome box of SoCal goodness from Zam today! This dude fucks.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mikey Purp posted:

Received this awesome box of SoCal goodness from Zam today! This dude fucks.

!!!!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

dphi posted:

^^ nice!

Mr. Purp also killed it with this box from Colorado:

Have heard great things about Casey and I can't deny that I've succumbed to the hazy IPA trend so these Odd 13 cans are going to get drank tomorrow. Thanks!

Just discovered Melvin today (think they just started delivering to my neck of the woods in Washington). That is crazy good stuff.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I'll be out of town for 8 days starting next week - if anyone was planning on sending a box out to me any time soon, please wait until after 4/10. Thanks!

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
dphi, your box is ready to go --- I will wait until 4/10 or so to send it out! Mostly craft breweries straight outta the smallest state -- Rhode Island! Hope you enjoy it. There's even a 6 pack of Gose beer from a local brewery I've fallen in love with.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Sounds great, I don't believe I've had a beer from RI so I'm stoked to see what you send!

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

How many boxes are still pending? Seems to be a lack of haul pictures!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I've received 2/6 so far

• Locked thread