Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I will check in with everyone to see where we are at- dphi, i have been delayed with your box, i apologize. I will keep you posted.

If anyone else has yet to receive a box, or hear from your shipper, please let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
0/2 here. umop apisdn has been in touch and friendly about it.

Have heard nothing about Baldrash

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

0/2 here. umop apisdn has been in touch and friendly about it.

Have heard nothing about Baldrash

Sorry, I took a promotion at work and my free time almost instantly evaporated. I feel bad because I was good about it last year and don't want to get a bad reputation.

I just PMed you, but also posting here so there's a public record: I finally got a chance to finish shopping and it'll be packed up and shipped later this week. Sorry about the delay.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Thanks a bunch! Congrats on your promotion

broom
Aug 29, 2005
Crap, I completely forgot about this, sorry DPHI and thanks for the email reminder.

Will ship box in the next week.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

2/3 boxes received for me. Pending a shipment from Avenged who I last heard from on 2/28.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Wrong thread. Nothing to see here.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Box 3/6 arrived from Rhode Island, courtesy of railroad terror!

Very excited to dig into these, the sixer of gose should be perfect for the warm weather we're finally getting this week.

dphi fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 3, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Got this today, thanks Baldrash!

Excited to taste and rate all of these!

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005
Rad, good to see everything made it there in one piece. Thanks for putting up with the delay on my end.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

Zam posted:

2/3 boxes received for me. Pending a shipment from Avenged who I last heard from on 2/28.

Box sent as of 5/6! Sorry for the extreme lateness.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

dphi posted:

Box 3/6 arrived from Rhode Island, courtesy of railroad terror!

Very excited to dig into these, the sixer of gose should be perfect for the warm weather we're finally getting this week.

Huzzah! Sorry for the lack of communication on my part to you and the commish the past 8 weeks or so, it's been a busy time in the RRT household -- bought a house, moving, vacations, got engaged, etc. The gose is a great beer I've enjoyed myself on more than one occasion!

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

3/3 Boxes! Received a great box from Avenged. Thanks!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
umop apisdn sent me six yummy beers. My friends and I got through them all before I could take a pic, but there was good stuff from Three Floyds, New Glarus, and other great stuff. 2/2 boxes for me thanks everyone for playing and thanks to Cervixalot for hosting

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Hey Avenged sorry I completely forgot about sending out your box. I'll get it together and send it to you ASAP. Let me know if there is any particular types of beer you'd like.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Box 4/6 arrived from the commish himself - thanks Cervixalot!

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I'd like to do this again this year. Cervixalot is busy, so if there's someone who would like to be the commissioner please speak up. Otherwise it's me, and I've never done it before.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Hey guys - like Catfish Noodlin says, this has been an extremely fun league that I want to have continue on, and based on the end of the season poll gauging interest, seems like a good majority is down to run again for another season. Thanks for three awesome seasons.

I however have to bow out this year, and am looking for someone to take over and run the league moving forward.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

It's not that hard. I can do it if you want. But I have faith in your abilities to read and click buttons.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I think some of the inherent challenge lies in bugging people to ship their packages, which is why I don't personally want the job. If someone does, more power atcha.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

HatfulOfHollow posted:

It's not that hard. I can do it if you want. But I have faith in your abilities to read and click buttons.

It also requires a small amount of social competence.

boom roasted

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jul 30, 2017

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

spacejung posted:

I think some of the inherent challenge lies in bugging people to ship their packages, which is why I don't personally want the job. If someone does, more power atcha.

Yeah, and we still have some boxes outstanding. Are we going to enforce the Toxxes?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

dphi posted:

Yeah, and we still have some boxes outstanding. Are we going to enforce the Toxxes?

Let me see which ones are still outstanding and do what I can - i know I have reminded everyone several times. Sorry guys.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I'm in on another season, and I'm fine with commishing if no one else wants to.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Well, part of my concern about being commissioner is that I've only ever used ESPN and been in an auction league once as well, so that compounds the stuff I can gently caress up. I'd prefer someone else handle that, and I'd be happy to help out with some of the other stuff like boxes and hassling people.

Speaking of people who still have outstanding boxes- we're dropping them, right? I mean, we're within a week of preseason.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Is anyone but DPHI still waiting on a box? I am still working to get a response from forums user 5436 via PM and email, but if you see him in other threads across the forums, let him know we need a reply from him.

Who else needs to be added to my list?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I'm waiting on 2, one from broom as well.

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005
I've co-commissioned auction and snake leagues in the past and could help out, but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it all myself. Either way, I'm in for another year if we've got enough people.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
I'm in again.

Jota and I considered our boxes a wash so I'm fully paid up.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

I'm in on another season, and I'm fine with commishing if no one else wants to.

You're the only one who isn't equivocating about it, it looks like it's you. If you're down let Cervixalot know so he can give you access.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

AHA! My subtle plan for unlimited power has come to fruition! :smith:

Cervixalot, I'll shoot you a PM so we can discuss particulars. And Catfish Noodlin, if I can lean on you a bit for help wrangling the rest of these fools, that would be a huge help.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Mikey Purp, you the man. You are all set with League Ownership. It's been fun y'all.

I am still gonna be harassing the delinquent box senders (think just one at this point) so hopefully I will have some answers there soon.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

AHA! My subtle plan for unlimited power has come to fruition! :smith:

Cervixalot, I'll shoot you a PM so we can discuss particulars. And Catfish Noodlin, if I can lean on you a bit for help wrangling the rest of these fools, that would be a huge help.

Of course, lemme know what I can do.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

I'm in! Add me to the group that is fine with stepping up to Commish if needed - but I will gladly defer to anyone more excited to do it.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Is a new thread going up?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Yeah sorry dudes, traveling for work right now but will get everything going over the weekend.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

New post is up!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3830042

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Hello friends I have been informed that some toxxes might be in need of enforcement.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Yes, that would be this one:

broom posted:

:toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.
:toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

The other two jerks who did not deliver, Jota and 5436, also never posted their toxxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Okay I will check in with the three of them, since it would obviously better to get the beer sent, than to have to ban people. Always come down on the side of beer, that's my philosophy.

• Locked thread