Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I've never done an auction, I'm kind of ambivalent. How does it work in re: to missing the draft? It seems like every year I have a draft scheduled the same night as a preseason game, which I go to like an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Do we need to Toxx for this?

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

:toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

I'll also send it out in a more timely fashion this year for fucks sake

Hamhandler fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 6, 2016

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I really liked the auction format. I'd do some things differently next time around, but I certainly see how you can use the format to your advantage if you know what you're doing. Also I'll learn how to click the nominate button in a timely and efficient manner next time.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I've got TE(s) for trade, would love to take your offers. I've got:

Eric Ebron, fresh off a 13.1 point game and a hot waiver wire add

and

Antonio Gates, who stands to benefit with Keenan Allen on IR and is chasing Tony Gonzalez's TD record this year.

Would love to improve my WRs.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I've still got Eric Ebron available for trade, for those of you with lovely tight ends. He's #6 in scoring through three weeks.

Or y'know we could change the rules so that TE is an option in the Flex position which is how it should always be :romo:

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I went from 6th in the division to 2nd as a result of this weekends games

:captainpop:

I'm probably gonna get bounced in the 1st round but I did not expect to make the playoffs

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

Hey I remember you saying that the consolation bracket winner gets a box? Is that correct?

I don't remember what was decided this year, but I got one winning the consolation bracket I think two years back.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Cervixalot posted:

Great idea -I think 6 boxes is a huge enough haul for the first place team, that the difference between 7 and 6 is worth adding intrigue/competitiveness to the 3rd/4th place game. More beer love being spread is a good thing.

Let me know if anyone has any major objections with that approach:

1st Place: 6 boxes
2nd Place: 3 boxes
3rd Place: 2 boxes
4th Place: 1 box

Highest PF: 1 box

Loser's Bracket Winner: 2 boxes
Loser's bracket runner-up: 1 box

I'm confused about the "loser's bracket" thing- are we talking about the "Consolation Ladder" or the "Winner's Consolation Ladder"? The consolation ladder doesn't seem to consolidate down to a single championship game.

Also is it only regular-season points, or is it points scored in general?

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Cervixalot posted:

Regular season points, which is how we've handled it the last two seasons, if I'm not mistaken.

Theconsolation ladder is the loser's bracket, so no teams that made the playoffs are eligible. Looks like I messed up by not re-seeding correctly last week, so I went ahead and fixed the schedule, sorry about that guys - I don't think it changed anyone's ultimate outcome, luckily.

Basically, for Week 2 I pitted the 4 winners from week 1 of the consolation bracket against each other (top seed vs low seed), and the 4 losers from week 1 against one another. Winning teams from each set of 4 will face one another in week 3.

The Loser's bracket championship is this week - Malcolm in the Mitchell Steele vs. Gold for Watt Ales You, since they are the only teams to win their week 1 and 2 matchups in the bracket. Make sense?

Yeah, that all sounds about right to me.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I'd like to do this again this year. Cervixalot is busy, so if there's someone who would like to be the commissioner please speak up. Otherwise it's me, and I've never done it before.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Well, part of my concern about being commissioner is that I've only ever used ESPN and been in an auction league once as well, so that compounds the stuff I can gently caress up. I'd prefer someone else handle that, and I'd be happy to help out with some of the other stuff like boxes and hassling people.

Speaking of people who still have outstanding boxes- we're dropping them, right? I mean, we're within a week of preseason.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

I'm in on another season, and I'm fine with commishing if no one else wants to.

You're the only one who isn't equivocating about it, it looks like it's you. If you're down let Cervixalot know so he can give you access.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

AHA! My subtle plan for unlimited power has come to fruition! :smith:

Cervixalot, I'll shoot you a PM so we can discuss particulars. And Catfish Noodlin, if I can lean on you a bit for help wrangling the rest of these fools, that would be a huge help.

Of course, lemme know what I can do.

• Locked thread