Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Cervixalot posted:

Poll results time. So with 13/16 league members having responded, here's where we landed.

If we're going by general availability, at least 50% of the league (8/16) are available on the following days:

Thursday (11/16)
Monday (10/16)
Wednesday (10/16)
Sunday Evening (9/16)
Sunday Afternoon (8/16)
Tuesday (8/16)

If we're going by preference of when people prefer the draft to be held:

Sunday Evening: 4 votes
Monday: 3 votes
Tuesday: 3 Votes
Thurs/Fri/Sat: 1 Vote

Taking those results into account, it looks like the top 3 options are Sunday evening, Monday and Tuesday.

Before we narrow in on any one of those 3 windows, is there anyone who absolutely cannot make one of those dates and times?

Just a reminder, we're looking at a window of 7:00 PM ET - 12:00 AM ET for Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. We should expect the auction to take 3-4 hours.

Wait, so what specific dates are we talking about? I have a different Goon draft on Monday, the 22nd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Ah, ok. Any time during the week is good for me, except I will have family staying with me from the 26th through September 5th and my ability to draft during that time will be basically nil (I know, I'm sorry!).

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I could do Wednesday, the 24th. If my hard no on August 26th through September 5th is too hard to work around, I will also bow out.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

The maybe a more refined doodle would make sense. Instead of just full days, create a couple of 3 or 4 hour time slots for each day in a range of dates and let people fill out their availability that way. I.e. Monday August 15th from 5-9 and from 8-12 and so on and so forth.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Ugh, I've actually got another draft scheduled for 9pm EST on that night. Was hoping to swing it with minimal overlap if this one started at 7pm EST, but if we move it up much more that's going to be really hard.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

Why did you click "available" on the "8-12" time period when you had another draft at 9? There must be something I'm missing here.

Anyway, I don't want you to miss a draft. If it's the only option, I can do 7 EST.

Well, there were doodles going around for the other draft at the same time and it hadn't been finalized yet. I didn't realize that both leagues had decided on the same day and nearly the same time until today. Sorry about that.

I'll recruit my wife to manage the first few rounds of the other draft if need be, but if we can keep this one at 7 without screwing up your situation too much that would be cool.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I won't be able to do the 31st, but can still do the 7th. Sorry for being a pain, dudes.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Not that it matters, but did we decide a draft order?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

:toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Yeah I've never been in a league this large, let alone an auction. Still trying to wrap my head around how to budget for it and coming to terms with the fact that I will probably have to be content starting someone like Braxton Miller :cry:

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

spacejung posted:

LOL You're right I was reading 4for4.

Haha, nice. I was literally reading the trader's alley article when your trade offer hit my inbox.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I need a competent QB! Send me your lovely trade proposals.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Wasn't me was it? I'm Fosters.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Yeah that was me, but I don't think there's anything wrong with my roster. Maybe it's because the player I was trading was playing?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

This trade is bullshit.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I need to shake things up on my team. Anyone interested in trading for AB84?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

What do we do about it if he has dipped out? Auto-set his lineup every week? Also does this mean he is going to ditch out on sending a box too?

Also while we're on the subject, how does the beer trade thing go? Is it only the winner and the runner-up who get boxes, or is it all play-off teams get 1 and the super bowl people get more, or what?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

So I have a couple of questions:

1. Are playoff teams based on divisional standings, or purely record based? Seems like the site is basing it on records right now, but I wasn't sure if that is intentional or not.
2. How are prize boxes distributed? All to the winner, BIF for playoff teams with more to the winner, or what?
3. Anyone want to trade me a RB in exchange for a WR or two? Whoops, nevermind.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 22, 2016

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

^^^ pretty sure that was year 1, I didn't play in this league last year.

But the fact remains that that year was with 12 teams. Now that we've got 16, do the 1st and 2nd place prizes just get padded, or do those extra boxes go somewhere else?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Retemnav posted:

Tyreek Mutha Fuckin' Hill?!?

That guy FUCKS. I love being in a 16 team league because otherwise I would have never started him with confidence.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Cervixalot posted:

It's not that I can't physically change it, I'm just trying to fathom how to have it work unless we do a 4 week playoff, since we'd have 5 teams around in Week 15. See what I mean?

Week 14 -8 teams make playoffs
2 teams on bye
3 H2H matchups

Week 15
5 teams (2 with first round byes, 3 H2H winners)

I might be missing something, so let me know if there's another way to handle it. I guess we could go down to just 6 teams for the future, but I'm not sure I love that either.

Yeah, I don't think there's anything that you can do this year. Next year we might want to consider doing a 6 team playoff by breaking out into two conferences of 4 divisions each (4 division champs plus 2 wildcards).

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

To be fair, this trade occurred right after week 4. At the time Jamaal was in games and trending upwards and the narrative was that Ware would, at best, take on a 50/50 split of backfield duties as Charles resumed RB1 duties. Meanwhile Hopkins had put up decent but not great numbers for 3 out of 4 games, putting up only .9 points in week 4 against Tennessee. Yes, Osweiler looked bad from the start of the season, but at that time I don't think anyone could have really guessed exactly how bad he would be and how much he would destroy Hopkins' value.

So I mean, yeah your logic makes sense in hindsight, but give me a loving break if you want me to believe that you were confidently projecting Charles to IR and that Osweiler would continue to devolve.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Making it to the second round on the back of Tyreek Hill, exactly as planned when I drafted this dumb team.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Cervixalot posted:

Second year in a row of leading in PF and getting knocked out of the playoffs early. At least I secured myself one box of beer?

Good game man. You definitely have the better team, but this week was just super weird and I lucked out.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Speaking of secret genius, I am just as loving confused at my team's ability to compete as everyone else. :shrug:

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Cervixalot posted:

Sorry, I pm'd drunk nerds and forgot to post in the thread. Same compensation rules as last year

Can you post those rules?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Ah no worries, here it is:

Winner: 7 Boxes of Beer

2nd Place: 3 Boxes of Beer

3rd Place: 1 Box of Beer

4th Place: 1 Box of Beer

Highest Regular Season Point Total: 1 Box of Beer

Winner of the Loser's Bracket: 2 Boxes of Beer

2nd place Loser's Bracket: 1 box of beer

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

GG Blasting Tapes, I really thought I had you for a little bit. Who would have thought that benching AB84, my last remaining stud, for Tyler Lockett was the key to victory?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

As someone who is playing for 3rd or 4th place, I approve of this message.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Did we figure out if MIA team Romo's Broken Neck Pilsner is participating in the BIFing or not? That may also factor into prize calculations.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Looks good to me. Weather in Colorado is supposed to be pretty nice for the next few weeks, so I may end up being able to get my beer shipped sooner rather than later, but I am thinking about tracking down a brewery release or two for the box, so we shall see. I don't reliably update my Untappd, but here it is in case it helps you out at all, Zam.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Yeah so did shipping info get sent out already? I can't recall if I had dphi's info and lost it, or what.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

dphi, your box will go out early next week as well.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

dphi, your box will go out early next week as well.

I failed at getting the box out yesterday, so slight change of plans and I'm going to wait until Monday to ship out. Sorry bout that!

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

We got surprise snow and lovely temps in Denver this week so I'm going to hold this box until it warms up a bit. Sorry to be a butt.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Received this awesome box of SoCal goodness from Zam today! This dude fucks.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I'm in on another season, and I'm fine with commishing if no one else wants to.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

AHA! My subtle plan for unlimited power has come to fruition! :smith:

Cervixalot, I'll shoot you a PM so we can discuss particulars. And Catfish Noodlin, if I can lean on you a bit for help wrangling the rest of these fools, that would be a huge help.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Yeah sorry dudes, traveling for work right now but will get everything going over the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

New post is up!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3830042

• Locked thread