Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I guess I'd be okay with auction if everyone can make it to the draft since autodrafting in auction sounds like it doesn't work very well. The only other reservation I have is the different experience levels - talking to some friends that switched to auction style last year, the guys that had never done it before ended up with the worst teams since they didn't really understand the strategy as well.

I don't know, I still haven't had time to read up much on auction yet so maybe it's not that big of a deal. So far though I'd say the reasons against snake aren't that compelling to me, I don't feel the need to stay engaged when I'm not picking since I'm usually researching players/bye weeks/etc. between picks.

Can we just add a vote to the OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday are the only days that I definitely cannot make, so let me know if those are really the only possibilities and I'll give up my spot.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Cervixalot posted:

So with 12/16 responses, it looks right now like the Wednesday September 7th is looking the best so far, with 9/12 able to make it.

Spacejung, Avenged and dphi - any flexibility with that date?

drat, you'd think having 4 days off every other week and 3 days off the rest would make it easy but I guess not. Put me down for a yes, I'll see if I can get the time off work or find a surrogate if not.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
So is there a good link that covers the basics of auction drafting, specific to how ours will go? I know there's a lot of info out there and I get the gist of it, just looking for something recommended by you guys.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Drunk Nerds posted:

As for "specific" to how ours will go... there's no way to know the specifics. Obviously you can do a espn mock auction to learn the procedure. However, there's no way to predict what people will throw down when we actually belly up to the table on September 7th. That's the beauty of auction.

I just meant in terms of drafting rules, etc. Wasn't sure if there were different ways to do auction drafts or not so I didn't want to read a guide that wasn't as applicable. Thanks for the link.

I'm not a big fan of using cheat sheets but I'll probably have to this time around to get a better idea of player values I guess.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
:toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Looking forward to the draft, watched a few rounds of a co-worker's auction last week to get an idea of how it works. Are we doing a hangouts group or anything?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Retemnav posted:

:toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Ugh, I'm way, way behind on research because of work. I've not even been casually following fantasy news or even real NFL news. I'm basically going to be drafting off last year, and it's probably gonna suck.

Teddy Bridgewater #1 QB overall! I feel like that young man is really gonna make huge strides this year.

Bridgewater's a lock, but people are pretty excited by Manziel's transformational comeback as well - tough choice there. Romo's always sneaky dependable too.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I plan to be out of money by my 3rd player because I have no idea what I'm doing. But I'll win the league anyway because all the fantasy megapoints allstars will get hurt in the first week and I'll have drafted their unknown backups for $1 each.
Are you ditching your strategy of Draft All Eagles?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Picked up a crowler from Great Notion, also drank a few too many glasses while there so I expect to make some Bad Decisions tonight as well. Yay beer!

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
The fantasy gods finally took pity on me and kept me from losing to Hatful's 49-pt kicker/DST combo, can't believe Julio got shut down last night.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I hate how biased the waiver system is towards the east coast. I wake up pretty early but still miss out on free agent pick ups after waivers clear. There's no way to change this right?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Reports circulating of a box full of Tired Hands hitting FedEx shortly after the trade was completed, we'll keep you updated with news on this situation.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Hey Fritz - Julio isn't looking so hot, wanna trade for -

*checks bench RBs*

- Josh Ferguson??

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
It's hilarious how barren the WW is RB-wise in a 16-team league with big benches.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Joe Flacco is not elite. He is, in fact, bad.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Yeah I new it would be a down week with Zeke out and shady questionable but got a glimmer of hope from the Giants D.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
My kicker misses a FG and gets an XP blocked and I lose by 4 points. Fantasy football.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Honestly it was closer than I thought it would be. Ingram getting benched was surprising, too bad it didn't pay off for Cadet. I was super close to swapping Hogan in for Humphries on Sunday morning too but I vowed not to make last minute changes like that long ago.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Who's Romo's Broken Neck Pilsner and why did they quit a few weeks back?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Mikey Purp posted:

What do we do about it if he has dipped out? Auto-set his lineup every week? Also does this mean he is going to ditch out on sending a box too?

I say leave the line-up as is since people have already gotten free wins against him.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Thank you based Zeke

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Hop Puns was a few points away from the East division shutting out the West this week.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
This was the payout last year:

umop apisdn - 6 boxes (1st place)
Mikey Purp - 4 boxes (2nd place + highest season point total)
Retemnav - 1 box (3rd place)
Catfish Noodlin - 1 box (Loser's bracket winner)

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Oops, copied that from the front page of last year's page without reading. Here was the payout from last year:

Winner: 7 Boxes of Beer
Jota (Yard's Chewing Company)

2nd Place: 3 Boxes of Beer
Avenged (Ben Roethlislager)

3rd Place: 1 Box of Beer
Cervixalot (Daisy Cutler)

4th Place: 1 Box of Beer
Tubestank (Pick Six Pack)

Highest Regular Season Point Total: 1 Box of Beer
Cervixalot (Daisy Cutler)

Winner of the Loser's Bracket: 2 Boxes of Beer
Hatful of Hollow (Throwing Bud Lites at Santa)

Second Place Loser's Bracket: 1 Box of Beer
Baldrash (z-Flat Natty Lite)

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Avenged posted:

There is literally a .2 separation on the projection between myself and Rawls, with each of us having a GB receiver going tonight. Im crapping my pants.

May the best WR on this garbage fire team win. Good luck!

Haha, that ended up being a lot less dramatic than I thought it would be. Wishing I hadn't dropped Adams way back when.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
No doubt, I was pretty worried early when Montgomery and Tyreek scored right off the bat, thank God for Shady being Shady. It all came down to that last game and as Witten started to rack up the receptions I wondered if I had a chance. Well done.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Also, I'd vote to change the payout to 6/3/2/1 so that there's incentive to try to win the 3rd/4th place game.

dphi fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 19, 2016

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
It's the same prize for either though, the way it is now

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Thank you Zeke and Shady for carrying my team to a championship victory. My new year's resolution to drink less is not off to a great start.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I don't know if I'm ready to receive this much beer at once but I do look forward to seeing what people send. If anyone's shipping from Chicago, I wouldn't be mad at getting some Straight Jacket :)

Also, here's my untappd if people want to look it over first - https://untappd.com/user/dphi/

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Wait as long as you need to, would be better to get boxes spaced out anyway

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Cool!

I dropped Retemnav's off yesterday, look forward to seeing everyone's haul

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Always good to see a box arrive safely, hope you enjoy everything!

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

spacejung posted:

I got one out today for dphi. I waited for sun but it seems like it rains a lot there - look out for a box on Saturday and hopefully you're home for it.

Haha, no worries, our porch stays dry at least.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Got my first box from spacejung, I think. Thanks!

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'm obsessed with that WolfPup session IPA. Sad They don't have it here in WA
It has polarized my friends, so I'd love to hear your thoughts, dphi

I'm not a big session IPA fan for the most part but this is one of the better ones I've had. Still kinda watery but the hop flavors are very prominent. Not the best beer for this time of the year but I could see myself crushing a sixer at the beach.

That Bottle Logic Actuator was really nice and mosaic-heavy.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
^^ nice!

Mr. Purp also killed it with this box from Colorado:

Have heard great things about Casey and I can't deny that I've succumbed to the hazy IPA trend so these Odd 13 cans are going to get drank tomorrow. Thanks!

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I'll be out of town for 8 days starting next week - if anyone was planning on sending a box out to me any time soon, please wait until after 4/10. Thanks!

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Sounds great, I don't believe I've had a beer from RI so I'm stoked to see what you send!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I've received 2/6 so far

• Locked thread