Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Cervixalot posted:

So with 12/16 responses, it looks right now like the Wednesday September 7th is looking the best so far, with 9/12 able to make it.

Spacejung, Avenged and dphi - any flexibility with that date?

I will not stand in the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
:toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Once more unto the overreach

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

Golden Road's Wolf Pup, here. Only session IPA that really manages to pack a hoppy punch

GOOGLE HANGOUTS LINK

https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/5qx6rkamnfabnkwkzbxkbqea6ie?authuser=0&hl=en

I've been drinking a lot of it. It's so potent for a session.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
LOL You're right I was reading 4for4.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
^ Don't tell the world but I've been trying to move Devonta Freeman

If anyone lost the PItta sweepstakes and misses Heath Miller I'm happy to deal Jesse James just as soon as Gronk is activated.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

dphi posted:

It's hilarious how barren the WW is RB-wise in a 16-team league with big benches.

This is why we entertain ourselves with "kicker hockey"

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I'm willing to move Chris Thompson

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Cervixalot posted:

I'll send them an email to see what's up, that's not cool.

I had one of those stars aligning weeks where my entire team just went bonkers - sorry AlexSmith Checkdown Stout...

Which means next week my entire team is going to die most likely.

It was pretty impressive. Technically you defeated me on Thursday.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Come on gang. Last Minute Trades. Let's do em. Ty Montgomery? Chris Thompson?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Cervixalot posted:

Dang, nice win Drunk Nerds. That Ted Ginn bomb TD...

Love the name change, Zam.

So I wasn't able to find a way for us to feasibly give the top 2 teams a bye in an 8 team playoff. Any ideas? We had to go with no byes last year, and it's not ideal, but I'm struggling to think of how to fix it.

Just change it next year I suppose, no need to force the issue (at least on my account)

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Cervixalot posted:

It's not that I can't physically change it, I'm just trying to fathom how to have it work unless we do a 4 week playoff, since we'd have 5 teams around in Week 15. See what I mean?

Week 14 -8 teams make playoffs
2 teams on bye
3 H2H matchups

Week 15
5 teams (2 with first round byes, 3 H2H winners)

I might be missing something, so let me know if there's another way to handle it. I guess we could go down to just 6 teams for the future, but I'm not sure I love that either.

I don't think you're missing anything - the only way you could really do a bye week with 8 teams would be a clipped bracket where teams 1-4 compete for as high as 1st and 5-8 compete for as high as 2nd, and as you surmise that would take 4 weeks (and I'm sure no one would want it).

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
For my part I was completely empty at WR due to draft gently caress-ups so I had to do something. I thought most of the shock in the thread was due to Hopkins's name as Ware was a well known sleeper and RBs are incredibly scarce (and in this league impossible to find on the wire). I projected Charles to IR myself; it was only a matter of time.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Congrats to Zam on the win, also nice work on the wire all season.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Mikey Purp posted:

dphi, your box will go out early next week as well.

Same for mine to dphi!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I got one out today for dphi. I waited for sun but it seems like it rains a lot there - look out for a box on Saturday and hopefully you're home for it.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

dphi posted:

Got my first box from spacejung, I think. Thanks!

Yep. Yay not broken from dodgy packing job! Enjoy

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'm obsessed with that WolfPup session IPA. Sad They don't have it here in WA
It has polarized my friends, so I'd love to hear your thoughts, dphi

I wouldn't normally send a low % but I can't stop drinking it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I think some of the inherent challenge lies in bugging people to ship their packages, which is why I don't personally want the job. If someone does, more power atcha.

• Locked thread