Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Onmi posted:

Yeah I wrote a post on it in the Bad Runs thread in BSS, while the above did not quite happen, he did just plainly ignore sonic in favor of his OCs.

I do love just how loving lazy he was though.

This is Isaac, a millennium old robot who has been monitoring the world since it was "Gene Bombed" and created a race of animal people and 4 fingers humans, he is definitely NOT a gold coloured E-102 Gamma, and I don't know why you think that, the 102 is just how many bitches he gets being blinged out like that.

One of his court demands however was "Archie take my ending for Sonic as the canon ending for sonic!" Because Penders sees himself as the scribe of all things Sonic, a series he has never played. He still expects Sega to come to him and be interested in giving him the comic back.

Do you have a link to the write up? I always hear about Penders but never really looked into it so all I know is the guys a awful artist and he got in a legal spat with Sega over Sonic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

New Sonic Mania character lookin good

https://twitter.com/Ktr4ks/status/847528051776909313

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That level looks like it plays like trash visuals aside. Like it's a drastic step down from Generations, it's lacking enemies in it and it just feels flat to me. Just a handful of randomly placed springs and boosters and that's it.

Eesh.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

New Footage of Knux in flying battery zone.

Least I think it's new?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I like that the koopalings were retconned into being generals while they're still obvious kids.

Like I can imagine Miyamoto kicking down the door, screaming "YOU'RE ADOPTED" then leaving.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Detective No. 27 posted:

The Koopalings don't even get any dialogue until Paper Jam.

Didn't they have lines in Super Star Saga? I remember them having gimmick fights

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Can't wait to watch Birds in AGDQ clip into places they shouldn't be through some kind of double jump fuckery.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ImpAtom posted:

The big question is: Can your Original Character go Super Saiyan or no?

I hope they do and it's preset colors so I can see a lot of "My oc turns PURPLE!!! Not Green!!! gently caress this bad game!!!"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

A Sonic themed cafe opened up recently in Japan (similar to the recent kirby one, pokemon etc). It has the usual stuff you'd expect from some sonic themed eats but uh, there's also Shadow the Hedgehog Cheese.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

That was last year, and there were two different ones. There were even posts in the thread about it! I ate at both, of course. My biggest regret is not eating the exact replica of the ice cream sundae Chip eats in Sonic Unleashed. It was like 45 degrees outside so I had the Sonic Mania pancakes instead. I guess I also kinda regret not trying the Chili Dog at the first Sonic Cafe, but I've never had one and figured Japan, which generally doesn't even have them, wouldn't be the best place to start.

No, just tracks from the games. They seemed to just be playing Amy's theme on loop when I went though. The second cafe didn't have any music as far as I can remember, probably because it shared some of its space with the Pen Pineapple Apple Pen cafe.

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/EKxdx

Oh huh, my bad then!

Kinda fun reading about these cafe's but the sonic one sounds slightly phoned in :v: Would still like to check it out though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That animation is really sweet and good-feels inducing. Mania really does look like a genuinely pleasant game. Excited for it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

mess up bad guys

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The UK comic is the one where super sonic got the crazy spiral eyes and stuff? What made Sonic turn green and start a sprite comic in that series?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think it's okay to feel a bit of extreme depression about stuff like this if I'm being perfectly honest. I never read the comics outside a random issue or two as a kid and it's still kind of easy to imagine the gravity of the announcement to those that were fans of it and stuck with it most of their lives. It's like saying goodbye to some good pals, nothing wrong with that.

Make a big ol effort post on some of your favorite issues if you want, feel free to get it out there. I'll read it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

There's also a new trailer for Forces

But yeah lol at the new music. I have a big dumb smile on my face, it's just so cornball

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Skeletome posted:

Infinite is your OC, that's the twist

The big thing with the OC is that all of it's stages have lyrics. Seriously even Green Hill or whatever the E3 level was.

It's possible. I'm going to believe it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

God this game looks incredible.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sonic jumps through giant rings and is teleported to a nightmare hellscape minigame

If, say, a fly just buzzes through a normal ring does the same thing happen? Does the fly have to play blue spheres to escape?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I can't loving believe how incredible the opening is. Goddamn.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I can't stop watching it someone loving help me

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Spoilers for a big surprise (seriously) but: Chemical Plant's Act 2 boss song leaked.

I can't loving believe this is a game that exists.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Macaluso posted:

Wait are there gonna be different boss songs for each act 2 boss fight?? :psyduck:

No idea, this might be a special case because it's something recognizable though.

Like I haven't seen the boss but I *instantly* knew what the sound effects were from as well as the song and now I'm laughing like a psychopath

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Speaking of, I haven't seen it myself but apparently someone got a early copy of the collectors edition and streamed the game earlier today? Or most of it? I'm not sure.

Officially in spoiler times (if the previous link wasn't enough to warn you)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My favorite detail in the opening is Heavy Gunners "who me?" expression when he's first ordered to go after sonic. It's powerful

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Only thing I wanna know from the leaks is if the level design/enemy placement is on point. Watching stuff like Before the Sequel and there's so many off screen untelegraphed attacks that it has me kinda antsy

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I went to change the special edition order I had for the ps4 over to the switch but according to gamestop "dude sorry, we only got a single switch allocation and the dude who got it showed up early decked in a sonic shirt and everything."

So stuck with the ps4 one. Ah well.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Pigbuster posted:

Note that the Sonic shirt thing doesn't work just for this one game. It's standard GameStop policy that Sonic-shirt-wearers have dibs on anything in the store.

Here I thought Sonic Man himself beat me to it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/bradflick55/status/896202149742338048

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How? Like I don't want to know specifics but it's not exactly a story driven game and the only thing I can think of being a downer is if the final boss is incredibly terrible.

Does it just flash a sign in neon letters saying SONIC MANIA 2 NEVER or something?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ImpAtom posted:

Apparently it leads directly into Sonic Forces from what I've heard people complaining about? I haven't looked it up to see myself.

Lmao I called that on another forum. Possible good ending spoilers I said it kind of jokingly but Classic Sonic in forces has the drop dash and they haven't really shown anything of that game off, not even a release date. I said something along the lines of "watch you beat it and that's how you get forces release date."
Only reason I can think of to get super annoyed with it is that it dates the game. Gonna be awkward going and playing it again in a couple years time and see something related to Forces COMING SOON.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Something I've genuinely always wondered about but what's with Sonic 2's ending? As a kid and to this day I still don't understand why it's grayscale and in a tiny box floating in a white void.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Stairmaster posted:

the fact they didn't give the game an actual loving ending is enough of a reason to be mad, the almost lazy forces tie in is just a pointless cherry on the cake.

Most classic games just had sonic point at you and that's it. It's why I was so baffled originally.

Sonic 1 Sonic runs into green hill and points at you
Sonic 2 Sonic lands on the Tornado then jumps back off it to point at you
Sonic 3 + K has the Tornado catch the master emerald and sonic and he jumps/flys at you.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Stairmaster posted:

That's patently wrong because they're all proceeded by you wrecking robotniks poo poo and returning home.

I haven't seen the final boss or anything but I assume you wreck robotniks poo poo in mania too. It's just you do a fingerpoint/pose somewhere else.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think High-Powered Robo is my favorite song on the Mania ost so far (of what's revealed officially anyway).

Whats everyone's favorite mania song so far :v:?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah I dunno what's going on or if some kind of embargo went up or what but today youtube has turned against me. I know the name of the final zone now (no biggie) and a screenshot of the final boss.

How do I wipe watch history?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I noticed the gaudy coral looking place in the launch trailer. Is there going to be a entire underwater stage? what the heck

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My AC unit blew out for my apartment last week, after many delays they said that they're coming in to fix it tomorrow.

Powers gonna be out randomly as they rewire/dig poo poo up in my living room and whatnot so I'm debating double dipping just so I can play it tonight. Someone stop me.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Also Dunky put up a video and I kinda wanna watch it but at the same time he has a bad habit of showing end game stuff for the sake of jokes or really good gimmicks so I have to resist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ArfJason posted:

Videogame donkey ia bad and a.joke that went too long :middlefinger:

That's fair to think but he has some good reviews and a few of his dumb gags still make me laugh. That's about it.