Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sonic Heroes is good imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They got rid of the Happy Tree Friends guys right? Writing took a nosedive once they brought them on

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I like the goofy sincerity of pre colors sonic better

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Not sure I could play a version of SA2 where everyone isn’t talking over each other

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I played some 32X games recently and they don’t seem great

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sonic runs with the devil not past him

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think some fighting game ports ran better on the Saturn than even the Dreamcast. It was quite the 2D beast shame we never got a real Sonic on it, I imagine it’d look something close to Mania

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Getting to the special stages in Advance 2 was some horseshit. Get all the rings just to fall down a pit and lose them all at the final check point gently caress you. Yes I'm mad cause bad

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

flavor.flv posted:

DIMPS is the Inti Creates of Sonic, with all the pros and cons you think that implies

They're weirdly horny and love inflicting misery on their characters?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sex stuff: Shadow transforming into a toilet tank
Probably fine: Amy going to Hot Topic to buy a Naruto shirt

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wasn’t Chronicles what set Penders off?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Looper posted:

across the entire series less than ten sonic games are actually bad
Trying to think of ones I’d never touch again

Labyrinth
Shuffle
4 episode 1 & 2
Spinball
Riders for Kinect
Boom rise of Lyric
Forces
Chronicles
Rivals 1 & 2
Unleashed for Wii

hatty fucked around with this message at 15:55 on May 3, 2022

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Who’s voicing Sonic in Prime? The game guy or the movie guy? I’m terrible with voice recognition

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It kinda looks like the blue part is painted on in the stills above. Looks strange

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is the Switch version of colors still a neon nightmare or did they actually fix it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I thought the actual game was fun but the boss fights and characters were atrocious

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They should bring back the old Omochao voice, it’s sounded like June Foray

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Trans men are a good natural resource for voicing child characters imo. Like the new Shinji

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
There should be a Sonic XCOM set in the comics universe

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s a cool pose at least

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I said to myself I’d watch it if it has a satisfying ending, I’m guessing they stuck the landing?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Its easy for me, No original sonic 3 music no buy unless its discounted. Why would I play a version of Sonic 3 without the Carnival Night theme? madness. I'll just stick to all the six other ways I can play it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah it rules

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Amy played well in Advance always thought that moveset would adapt well to the older games

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Seems like something you say two months before launch so people could cool off before release instead of making people mad on release day

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think actual kids like episodic cartoons and teens and strange adults like myself tend to like stuff with continuity. It’s why stuff like Teen Titans Go and Big City Greens are so big and stuff like Owl House only gets two seasons or so

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sega should authorize it for BC, people will buy a piece of history

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sonic 06 should be experienced raw and untampered with. Just a fascinating mess

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’d probably just be dull if it worked properly instead of the interesting dumpster fire it is right now

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sonic Battle is bad

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The DS was the Saturn of its era with really ugly 3D but really good 2D. Sonic Rush should’ve used sprites is what I’m getting at

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

That loving Sned posted:

I've already got a grid permanently etched into every DS and 3DS I've owned from Meteos and Picross, I'd hate to see what a full game of that tech demo would have done.

The early DS was wild. Full-game co-op was shown off for NSMB and SM64 DS (called Super Mario 64x4 back then). The multiplayer was stripped down to just versus modes, but both came with a ton of great minigames. Somehow a game that looked like Metroid Prime in the Quake software renderer let you play deathmatch wirelessly and with near-mouse precision at 60fps.

There were a lot of full price releases that did come from those tech demos. I love games like Electroplankton, but I tried a friend's copy of Yoshi Touch & Go and couldn't believe he paid full price for this. Should have been a bonus mode in a proper Yoshi game (although they were awful at the time due to Artoon being trusted with the series for whatever reason).

Was real jealous of all the people in my school that could afford a PSP since they got great looking standard games and could watch movies at lunchtime but I was stuck with weird DS tech demos until Meteos, Castlevania, and Kirby Canvas Curse came out and flipped the script

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Rise of Lyric is boring most of all so it is worse than 06 which at least seems like it’s trying something even if it fails spectacularly

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Thought Sticks was introduced in Rush Adventure but that was a completely different raccoon girl apparently

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Seems like it'll run like butt on the Switch

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They should make the Switch version look like Sonic Jam

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You’ll get Omochao and you’ll be happy

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah a little

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTnofkt9IJA

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m not sure if I’m gonna watch the video I end up buying every Sonic game at launch anyway even if it’s out of morbid curiosity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I'm going to run around in circles in an open world with my hero Sonic