Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Their mail hosting has been up and down for a week. I've tried emailing, and DMing their customer support, but just keep being told "we're working on it".

I'm in the middle of a job search, and used my dreamhost-hosted email on my CV, so I'm seriously freaking out, and can't seem to get them to respond.

Has anyone had any situations like this? Any tips on getting to a human? I keep getting told I'll be "escalated to a support manager", who simply says they're working on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delslo
Sep 20, 2003

I've had situations like this with Dreamhost. Put up with it for 3-4 years before dropping them long ago.

Sad to hear that the same superb level of service still exists.

edit: They used to be goon run back in the day, weren't they? Thought that's why I signed up.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

No, and that's why.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Dreamhost had some weird sliding reseller/referral offer back in the day, and I think some goons were inclined to pass those discounts on. There have been a couple of goon-run or goon-affiliated hosts, but I'm pretty sure Dreamhost wasn't one of them.

Dreamhost has a long, long, long history of overselling.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
I think Dreamhost was goon founded, they probably sold it since then though and it definitely was not regarded well within a short time after its founding.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Switch to Google Apps for your Domain and never look back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

fletcher posted:

Switch to Google Apps for your Domain and never look back

This. I'm so happy I migrated when it was still free.

• Locked thread