Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

advanced statsman posted:

Portugal are the champions of europe. UEFA supremacy!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Jorge Jesus has been named as the #10 best manager in the world by FourFourTwo (Fernando Santos is #33, Rui Vitoria is #39): http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-50-best-football-managers-world-2016-no10-jorge-jesus

drat look at those stats

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Montasque posted:

A very important cup match is going on. Who's watching?

I watched but couldn't post because I was probated by our fascist mod. feels bad. Braga suck rear end, most overrated team in Portugal. Cervi looks good, wish he'd come to Sporting

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
The Big 3 all won convincingly yesterday. Also seems João Mário is off to Inter for around €45 million. feels bad. it's good money tho, and as long as we keep adrien and slimani we should be fine. wouldn't mind if we tried to get Markovic as a replacement, Liverpool would be happy to get rid of him and maybe Jesus can get him playing like he used to before leaving Portugal.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Benfica just stole Braga's Rafa from Porto, who have been after him for years. €15 million. Might be the move Rafa needs to become a world class player.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Losing all our best players....feels bad man. at least Adrien and Rui Patricio are staying.

e: Still, selling one of ours kids for 45 million and Slimani who we bought just three seasons ago for 300k and we now sell for 30 million. drat the Benfica and Porto fans are right: Bruno de Carvalho really is sinking our club, will there be any Sporting left when he's done? what a monster

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 28, 2016

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Porto had a really good start but with Bruno Cesar moving closer to the center we've started dominating the midfield. Slimani giving it all in his last match, Gelson looking real good and our goalkeeper isn't a complete idiot like Iker. drat we own

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
2 easy

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Seems Adrien is just angling for a move and Sporting won't let him leave....good

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Surprised Benfica haven't sewn up the Rafa deal yet, he's their big transfer this year.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Mean Bean Machine posted:

wouldn't mind if we tried to get Markovic as a replacement, Liverpool would be happy to get rid of him and maybe Jesus can get him playing like he used to before leaving Portugal.

called it 2 weeks ago, drat. amazing. wish it was a loan with an option to buy but whatever, our wings are looking pretty good.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Talisca owns!!

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
drat...so close. We did good tho. Porto on the other hand....

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Electronico6 posted:

He did it. He really did it. Jorge Jesus tried to speak a foreign language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjnew83kCv0

Beautiful. Though not sure if convincing enough to get Florentino to hire him next year.

I had to close that video halfway through, too embarrassing. Also lol Porto, 0-0 vs Tondela

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
i shouldn't have loled at Porto...this is all my fault

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Portuguese teams in the CL: 6 matches, 1 win. RIP our coefficient

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
thread is loving dead yo

https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/mp4/ewyg.mp4?token=1478196408_019c2dddcd7c0ef6542627bc9d877caea031a654

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Electronico6 posted:

That show used to be a lot better when it was Serrão, Seara and Barroso. It was actually fun to watch, as the trio was mostly in on the joke, and none of them seemed to hate each other. It was also when Serrão was calling Lopetegui the Basque Che Guevara of football, for it's revolutionary football tactics of changing your starting eleven every match. It was fun, even if contained zero football insight.

Now it's an even shittier Dia Seguinte, and Dia Seguinte it's loving unbearable garbage.

Yeah it sucks

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUebinizOEc&t=259s

loving lol

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Electronico6 posted:

How long till Jesus and the Former Fatman President are run out of Sporting? What a pair of frauds.

we're playing like poo poo this year that's for sure...if Gelson Martins hadn't suddenly exploded in form i don't know where we'd be tbh

also here's the team of the week for the guardian

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
We've turned to utter poo poo

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Porto are looking real good right now, Benfica is really missing Fejsa in front of the defense

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Porto at 1-0 and their fans celebrating wildly like they've won the league and Benfica scores in the last minute. loving lol. But Benfica got dominated the whole match, that's a good sign for their rivals

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Another loving international break. FIFA/UEFA have ruined football. Hopefully Trump can make the sport great again

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Portugal brought football back to life for a brief moment when we won the Euros, the same Euros that were nearly ruined by Russian hooligans smearing poo poo on their faces after trying to rape and kill innocent English fans. Please leave the trolling out of this safe-space thread.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Benfica - Sporting in 10 mins

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Handball. Ref? Penalty.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Benfica loving suck

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
2 loving handballs. joke of a league. just give them the cup and lets not waste any more time with this poo poo

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Sporting fans? in every news channel the commentators are saying there were 2 handballs. I can understand it being hard to see during the match since Benfica tv had barely any replays of the plays, but it's pretty clear on the post-match analysis

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Actually that's his shoulder. Both times

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Electronico6 posted:

Looks like Sporting is some big time fail.

We are

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
http://videos.sapo.pt/6FpHhtZ83ywS9yBmYWV8

Portuguese referees: Ref is running backwards, doesn't see where he's going, collides against Porto player who gets shown a 2nd yellow card and is sent off. because I guess he thought it was intentional or something

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

So It seems on of my streaming service thinks am paying more then I really am and am now able to watch this league not only in Spanish but Portuguese on what I guess is the leagues own channel that basically broadcasting sports tv and benfica channel. What am I in for?

A lovely league

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/video/2017/jan/07/portuguese-team-concede-bizarre-counterattack-goal-video

Portuguese referees: Sporting B scores a goal, and while their players are celebrating Braga B counter attacks and scores their own. How does this happen? Here's the replay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTNm-6lk_fA

You can watch on the replay that Sporting scores the goal, the players celebrate, the linesman allows it and starts running to the center of the pitch. But then the referee goes and has a chat with the linesman, and the linesman runs back to the area, raises his flag and decides he's changed his mind and the goal is now offside, all of this while Sporting players are still celebrating. Braga immediately plays the ball and scores on the counter.

If Benfica fans want to pretend that everything's fine, like Porto fans did for many years, they are free to do so of course. Good for them. But make no mistake about it: it is a lovely league.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Didn't read

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Jesus out

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Actually it would cost 20 million to fire him. Jesus in

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

fat greasy puto posted:

benfica just got knocked out of the cup. on a side note, i watch almost every league in the world for gambling purposes and i completely stopped watching portugese games because of how cynical the players are. how do people put up with watching these games on a regular basis?

Its very hard to watch this lovely league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Little Moreirense just won the league cup by beating Braga 1-0, and that's cool.

• Locked thread