Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

pik_d posted:

Can someone tell me two things about Ederson; Is he good enough for City now that he's being linked with them (again?), and why does he have a neckbeard?

Hes really good and i dunno maybe hes hiding a scar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Im watching

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Benfica fans ran over and killed a Sporting fan last night. Really bad. Let's beat them tonight and make sure they all go to jail afterwards. for the crime of being Benfica fans not killing a dude

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Porto.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Next season, every match in the portuguese league will have a video assistant referee. They were already planning it for the 18/19 season, but with all the criticism at the referees this season they've decided to anticipate it. I like it.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
gently caress Benfica

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Wow first the Euros and now Portugal win the friggin Eurovision. can this year get any better? Amazing stuff

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Electronico6 posted:

But it did get better! Benfica won the tetra and Sporting lost again :roflolmao:

A victory for referees all around the country. Just great. Epic win for Benfica

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Salvador is gonna die for our sins.....

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Ederson just confirmed hes off, to City probably

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Benfica should've held out for more, since they're only getting 20m IMO. hes gonna be world class probably

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
https://www.facebook.com/SportingClubePortugal/videos/10154532029231555/

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
There were some sick goals today
http://www.vsports.pt/vod/37805/m/361784/vsports/b52f1c13d078dbd26eec00dabcbecb08
http://www.vsports.pt/vod/37828/m/361785/vsports/a783335bfa884c5c835f9b1025f0811f (almost)

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Benfica sucks lol

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
jesus Benfica, 0-5 vs Basel loving lol

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
there's a Porto - Benfica in 1 hour, and only 3 points separate the top three teams in the table so it's a big one.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

blue footed boobie posted:

Can any of you Portugays explain what’s going on with Benefica?

Porto hackers got into their e-mails and servers and found signs of some shady poo poo going on, like lists of referees who'll do right by Benfica, home addresses and phone numbers of referees, high ranked people in the portuguese federation sending them confidential information etc The police is already investigating and has done searches on their stadium, offices and people's houses, like their president. Basically it's what everyone had already suspected was going on in portuguese football for years, now it's just out in the open. Yesterday the hackers released to the public like 20gb of those e-mails. Dunno if this is what you mean. if you mean why aren't they top of the table, it's because they sold some of their best players like Ederson, Lindelof, Nelson Semedo etc and didn't buy suitable replacements. Also theyre bitches

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Now apparently the police are investigating the possibility of players from certain clubs being paid by people with connections to Benfica to help their teams lose vs Benfica in a few matches of the 15-16 season. it hasn't been confirmed, though. still what a sick, sick club. would be embarrassed to be a fan of such a disgraceful team, very sad.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Gigi Galli posted:

Juvenfica FC strikes again.

Is matchfixing in Portugal a thing or would this be the first time?

there's been rumors for a long time but never anything official. the police were investigating the match Rio Ave - Feirense because they believed a few Rio Ave players had been paid to help the team lose by some betting people, that match was even talked about at the time because there was a weird amount of betting on it from abroad for such a unimportant match. anyway they confiscated the cellphones from four of the Rio Ave players and apparently found signs that they'd been in contact with Benfica people too, and that's how it started. but the police haven't confirmed any of this, the news came out just today

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
there's a Benfica - Sporting tonight. hopefully Good will triumph over evil

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
good did not prevail. the match ended in an anticlimactic draw, as do 90% of these sort of matches

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
2nd half of the match will be played on the 21th of February because Porto already have a match on Friday lol very cool great league

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Benfica's chairman has been officially named as a defendant by the portuguese department of justice in a criminal case for bribing judges. this while Benfica are still being investigated for receiving confidential information and bribing referees and opposition's players, and are having their stadium, offices and homes searched monthly by the police. meanwhile Benfica fans pop out of hiding after 4 months to ignore all of that and talk about buttholes instead. Sad

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Porto beat Sporting 2-1 last night. here's a table:

things are looking pretty good for Porto right now, though they still have to play Benfica away.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/03/06/benfica-facilities-raided-part-corruption-investigation-club-officials

let's talk about buttholes instead. SAD!

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
football sucks

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
these news came out at the perfect time for the portuguese media because it means not many people will notice if they don't report on the fact that, once again, Benfica won their match with a nonexistent penalty near the end of the game

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Lol Benfica lost and still have to play Sporting away. here's the table:

seems good

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Benfica are so bad without Jonas lol. now its up to Sporting next week to put the last nail in their coffin before they all go to jail

Simone Poodoin posted:

I hope Porto gently caress up and my boy Bryan lifts the trophy

he's already lifted one this season (league cup) and we're in the final of the portuguese cup against loving Aves, so he's probably lifting another. drat thats that feels good

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
After Sporting and Benfica's draw, Porto are champions. Now it's just a question of who finishes 2nd and gets to go to the CL.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
football sucks anyway

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
It was me

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Electronico6 posted:

That was yesterday, and Bruno Carvalho said that it was all made up by the media after people made fun of him on facebook.

Edit: Media now reporting that some players are already quitting their contracts due to this hahahha

Mans posted:

Rui Patricio was rumored to go for 30 million but now he can just walk free to any club that isn't a shithole that lets fans loving headbutt their coaches and split players heads open.

Holy poo poo this is some third division Minas Gerais football club thing. Sporting shouldn't recover from this, ethically speaking.

this might blow people's minds but, much like anybody else, football players can't just "quit" their contracts. hope this information serves you well in any future endeavors

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
they're all, except for maybe patricio and william, going to have to pay ludicrous amounts of money to sporting. also i hope those fags lose tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

julian assflange posted:

Post something then

All the cases involving Benfica from last season are still ongoing (especially the one where they got their e-mails hacked, exposing a lot of shady stuff, including exchanges of private information about referees and people in high places in the federation, league etc just read previous posts) but right now they're under a lot of heat because of a specific one, called "e-mole" in Portugal, where they have been officially accused of bribing court officials so they'd get them confidential information about ongoing cases like the e-mail one, Sporting and Porto cases etc The police and prosecutors have been particularly diligent in investigating this case because it was their private network that was infiltrated by these Benfica moles, and because they have photographs and e-mails that prove Benfica lawyers were bribing those officials. there's already been arrests. Benfica's sole defense to this has been that the police investigating them are Porto fans, the judges authorizing these investigations are Porto fans, the prosecutor who decided there was enough proof to officially accuse the club is a Porto fan, the hacker who leaked their e-mails is a Porto fan etc This might sound like a really dumb and insane excuse, but there are a lot of Benfica fans who actually believe it. Just look at the post above mine. Sad.
Also Benfica's president was supposed to be interrogated by the cops/prosecutors last month, but the day before he was scheduled to be interrogated he went to the hospital and said he was having memory issues and needed to be admitted. So it didn't happen. Benfica fans also think this is completely normal and could happen to anyone, nothing wrong here

• Locked thread