Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Benfica is going to win again, Bruno Carvalho is a fraud and disgusting person and is using Sporting to embezzle money for his liposuctions, while Braga is going to collapse mid season, and not even the Espirito Santo is going to save Porto from another year of utter fail.

My predictions for what will surely be a Great season of Portuguese League of Football.(Cause Benfica is going to win it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Benfica just stole Braga's Rafa from Porto, who have been after him for years. €15 million. Might be the move Rafa needs to become a world class player.

Porto is finished. Fail manager, basically out of the champions league, and now can't even poach Benfica's transfer targets. RIP Pinto da Costa

Also this probably means that Salvio is really gone. Shame. Those injuries over the last two years basically killed his career.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Simone Poodoin posted:

Joel Campbell on loan to Sporting is official now, according to O Jogo

It took 4 years to make it so, but Jesus finally got him.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

straight up brolic posted:

Iker is the worst keeper in Europe lmao

Never doubt Mou

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Not being able to move Salvio and Carcela probably delayed things, or just killed the move entirely.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

And Rafa got himself injured in his first match and is out for at least a month. It apppears that Benfica has been recruiting at the Arsenal Football Medical Academy this summer.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Last minute is a bitch eh?

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

He did it. He really did it. Jorge Jesus tried to speak a foreign language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjnew83kCv0

Beautiful. Though not sure if convincing enough to get Florentino to hire him next year.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Benfica once again put Braga in it's place, Jorge Jesus got owned and made a complete fool, and Porto looks like to continue it's slide into irrelevancy. Perfect weekend action here at the Liga NOS(tm).

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

That show used to be a lot better when it was Serrão, Seara and Barroso. It was actually fun to watch, as the trio was mostly in on the joke, and none of them seemed to hate each other. It was also when Serrão was calling Lopetegui the Basque Che Guevara of football, for it's revolutionary football tactics of changing your starting eleven every match. It was fun, even if contained zero football insight.

Now it's an even shittier Dia Seguinte, and Dia Seguinte it's loving unbearable garbage.

Also gently caress yeah proper football is back this weekend, all of them garbage matches, but yeah no more lovely internationals or poo poo cups. Jut 100% Liga NOS(tm) goodness.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

How long till Jesus and the Former Fatman President are run out of Sporting? What a pair of frauds.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Porto at 1-0 and their fans celebrating wildly like they've won the league and Benfica scores in the last minute. loving lol. But Benfica got dominated the whole match, that's a good sign for their rivals

Not really seeing it. This was never going to be a favourable match for Benfica, and Benfica just played to not lose, and it did just that even without some important players on the back, and with luisão KO 15 minutes in. Outside of the Ederson fail on the goal shot, Porto didn't translate that dominance into anything useful, and Benfica never really felt like it was diving into panic.

Still 5 points of the clear, and it will most likely keep that when Sporting comes to the Luz in a month time.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Alexeythegreat posted:

FIFA/UEFA have ruined football
The modern FIFA was created by Joao Havelange
Joao Havelange is from Brazil
Brazil is a descendant of Portugal
Thus
Portugal ruined football

Havelange was the son of a Belgium immigrant, so Portugal has not ruined Football

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

He is a tremendeus idiot, but you can't say he is a quitter. Jorge Jesus once again tries to speak Spanish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoyFBsqoY5w

I can't quite decide which part of this is the funniest. The fact that he can't decide if he is going to say a word in Portuguese, Portunhol, or Spanish, or that he insists saying Ronaldo in "Spanish" Reynaldo.

He really really wants that Real job.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

ChainsawCharlie posted:

I'm pretty sure some club with more money than sense will try one day,maybe Valencia.is Jesus agent Jorge Mendes?

He is. Jorge Mendes has been trying to put Jesus on Real Madrid since Mourinho was fired, and Jorge Jesus himself will not take a lesser job outside of Portugal. Problem is he's pretty loving awful at speaking any language, and big English/Spanish clubs won't hire a dude who can barely string two words and make an embarrassment out of himself every single time he opens his mouth. That poo poo flies in Portugal cause we're used to and like these kind of idiot managers, but not so much out there. He also has a poor track record on the Champions League, and the longer he stays in Sporting winning gently caress all the more behind will his winning seasons in Benfica be.

He wants to manage a Real Madrid or Manchester United, but in reality he hit the ceiling with Benfica and there's no where left to go other than Porto.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Never in doubt

Simone Poodoin posted:

Is Jesus a fraud?

Big time. It's time to come to the fact that it was Benfica that made Jesus good, not the other way around.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Looks like Sporting is some big time fail. Time to ship out Jesus to China or some poo poo like that

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

http://videos.sapo.pt/6FpHhtZ83ywS9yBmYWV8

Portuguese referees: Ref is running backwards, doesn't see where he's going, collides against Porto player who gets shown a 2nd yellow card and is sent off. because I guess he thought it was intentional or something

Seems like the correct decision. Corona should've been sent off too. And Maxi too, for being a garbage mercenary piece of poo poo.

Also

Simone Poodoin posted:

loving lmao sporting

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

So It seems on of my streaming service thinks am paying more then I really am and am now able to watch this league not only in Spanish but Portuguese on what I guess is the leagues own channel that basically broadcasting sports tv and benfica channel. What am I in for?

You've got yourself the deal of a lifetime to watch Glorious Sport Lisboa Benfica every weekend friend.

Everything else is crazy garbage though, so don't bother.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/video/2017/jan/07/portuguese-team-concede-bizarre-counterattack-goal-video

Portuguese referees: Sporting B scores a goal, and while their players are celebrating Braga B counter attacks and scores their own. How does this happen? Here's the replay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTNm-6lk_fA

You can watch on the replay that Sporting scores the goal, the players celebrate, the linesman allows it and starts running to the center of the pitch. But then the referee goes and has a chat with the linesman, and the linesman runs back to the area, raises his flag and decides he's changed his mind and the goal is now offside, all of this while Sporting players are still celebrating. Braga immediately plays the ball and scores on the counter.

If Benfica fans want to pretend that everything's fine, like Porto fans did for many years, they are free to do so of course. Good for them. But make no mistake about it: it is a lovely league.

Blind linesman, luckily the referee was awake and saw the offside correctly.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

I support this post and good OP ChainsawCharlie in this most difficult of times where our noble and good football playing club o Glorioso Sport Lisboa Benfica is being viciously besieged by z-grade clubs that can't even hack it in the Post Office Cup.

Stay strong my bother.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Unlike the extreme garbage teams that spend more time whining about adds on public tv than playing football, Benfica yesterday cruised to another win and reached the Final Four(tm) of the Post Office Cup.

6 points off from second, still in all the dumb cups and in Europe, feels real good man.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Well I'm glad Benfica decided to bring excitement back to the league by throwing away two points at home to Boavista(?!). I suppose it's more fun for the minor clubs to believe they can win so we can crush their hopes and dreams in end.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Bruno de Carvalho is a great Football Club President and I hope he sticks around to make Sporting fail again.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Actually it would cost 20 million to fire him. Jesus in

Renovating his contract just last year was a great idea by your president. Much like selling all your good players and then spending all that money on a bunch of liposuctions and a divorce.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

lol benfica you bunch of idiots, doesn't matter the post office cup is dumb anyway. didn't really want it.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Silly season is almost here as today's big story is Porto's potential signing of John Terry.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Wow first the Euros and now Portugal win the friggin Eurovision. can this year get any better? Amazing stuff

But it did get better! Benfica won the tetra and Sporting lost again :roflolmao:

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Porto fired Nuno Espirito Santo. Joke club status confirmed.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Benfica got the best players, makes the best deals, owns the best referees and has all the relevant contacts with the state apparatus, all thanks to the mad Genius of Luis Filipe Vieira. Being a Benfica fan is just winning at life honestly.

Imagine being a Sporting fan and having Fatass Carvalho as your club president and going into mega debt so you can pay a salary to Jorge Jesus just to end up in 3rd place. I dunno how they can live with themselves honestly.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Benfica's chairman has been officially named as a defendant by the portuguese department of justice in a criminal case for bribing judges. this while Benfica are still being investigated for receiving confidential information and bribing referees and opposition's players, and are having their stadium, offices and homes searched monthly by the police. meanwhile Benfica fans pop out of hiding after 4 months to ignore all of that and talk about buttholes instead. Sad

That's because nothing is going to happen to Vieira or Benfica, so it's basically no news. Like what country is this that sends it's sports presidents to jail for misdemeanours? Germany? lol

Also Bruno de Carvalho going full Trump on the Sporting board members and yelling about that his new wife is actually really hot is funny. There's also Coentrão doing a racism, Sergio Conceição melting down despite having a relatively good season so far, a stadium stand starting to collapse mid game because it was built in a swamp. This season has had a lot great off-pitch stuff, cause the actual football being played has been 100% dire.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

ChainsawCharlie posted:

After dominating for most of 90's and 00's ,thanks to a conjuction of shrewd bussiness,a superb eye for talent and lots of hookers and cocaine to referees, porto has been posting financial loss after financial loss because they insist on buying overpriced crap players using the "mediating services" of the company headed by the presidents son.it got so bad they broke fpp rules and are now under restricted management (i.e. they cant actually spend money to buy players).cue the exit of several board members because the teat ran dry.

Despite claiming to be run as a model bussiness and posting profits for several years,benfica had its IT services hacked not once but twice,exposing confidential communication inside the club which shows several high ranking members involved in things better described as "not technicaly illegal but shady as gently caress".despite record profits,instead of investing in the football squad the president insist on building the benfica collegue,benfica hotel and benfica radio.which are not bad ideas,if the construction company who will probably be awarded those contracts wasnt most likely owned by benficas president through a series of shell companies.

Sportings financial woes are so bad they had to exchange part of their debt for a financial instrument called vmocs,which basically means the club is now owned by a former banker who stole billions when his bank went tits up in 2014,and a guy from angola who made his fortune on money laundering,arms smuggling and blood diamonds.meanwhile they are paying 8 million euros per year to a coach that won one supercup and one league cup.in 3 years.

#toobigtofail

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Simone Poodoin posted:

What's the tie breaker if they end up equal in points? This would certainly be the funniest outcome.

Braga would go through, as they won one of the two matches between braga and sporting, and they have more goals. I think this is how it works, but this is still the PT league so the rules are all made up.

Also this season was really bad and I'm glad I didn't pay any attention to it.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

lol a bunch of sporting fans invaded the clubs training academy and beat up some players, and injured their best striker who now cannot play this weekend Cup Final.

Basically

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Lol sporting, you joke of a club.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

blue footed boobie posted:

Also sounds like Bruno suspended the manager and now the players are going to boycott the cup final? This is all so batshit insane.

That was yesterday, and Bruno Carvalho said that it was all made up by the media after people made fun of him on facebook.

Edit: Media now reporting that some players are already quitting their contracts due to this hahahha

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

this might blow people's minds but, much like anybody else, football players can't just "quit" their contracts. hope this information serves you well in any future endeavors

this might blow your mind but sporting are poo poo

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Turns out the real corrupt club buying referees and games was Sporting all along.

lol

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

orange sky posted:

Yeah I think the jury's still out on that one

At least on sporting's exclusivity in that role, if it's proven to be true everyone should get properly hosed

Oh sure, but I think this is the difference between Bruno de Carvalho and Pinto da Costa. Pinto da Costa has over 30 years of crooked poo poo at Porto and he is going to take it all to the grave, but BdC got snuffed out in a couple of years as nobody likes him and he is a complete maniac.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

The dude that blew the whistle and was running the corruption scheme for Sporting has just admitted to a court that he did, and he attempted to, corrupt adversary players in up to 8 football league matches, and that that he paid handball referees in 10 matches during this season. League that Sporting ended up winning.

Meanwhile plenty of people on the board of directors, general assembly, and fiscal council have resigned, and while this weekend's Final is still on, Sporting hasn't done a single training day and the last training day before the match was cancelled too. Meanwhile Bruno de Carvalho is suing the President of the Portuguese Republic for defamation.

RIP Sporting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

orange sky posted:

Didn't that dude meanwhile say he didn't corrupt anyone, just took the money for himself and didn't give it to the players? Heard something about that

Anyway a new Benfica archive is going to drop tomorrow. With the crazy couple of days we've had I bet it's gonna be good.

There's like 4 dudes involved in this, but regardless it's Paulo Silva who came forward with all of it, and now said it to a judge so no more he said she said business.

Though it's really funny that one of the players told the guy to gently caress off as 3000€ was nowhere near enough. Can't win leagues by offering chump change as bribes.

It also makes me wonder what Porto and Benfica pay around that players from c-grade teams give the cold shoulder to 3000€.

• Locked thread