Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Bruno de Carvalho totally paid a bunch of idiots to trash and beat up his own players so Jorge Jesus resigns without compensation pay. I would feel bad for Sporting fans but this poo poo is too funny.

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 14:07 on May 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Top earners in benfica and sporting earn around 3 million a year. Casilas takes home around 4. Meanwhile aves and other small clubs top out at the 250-300k range. The average annual salary in the first league is around 200k by this info. The jump in salary from playing in the segunda liga to primeira liga sometimes is around 500% .there are fringe players in the second league earning 1k a month,though usualy the clubs provides room ( i.e. they live in a 3 bedroom apartment with other players,or in a apartment provided by the agent which is usualy getting payed a consultant fee by the player and club), meals and a car . its a poo poo life if youre not in a decent club, but usualy you can build a decent nests egg before starting your normal life at 35,if youre not getting scammed by your agent.then usually you go to a coaching gig, player agency,administrative role in a club or open a small bussiness.the players union kinda sorted their poo poo out a couple of years ago and has been really good in helping players invest their money.

Ps: i mean, if i was playing at a small club getting payed 100k a year, you better offer more than 3000 euros for me to throw a game, add a zero to that or something you cheap bastard.

Turns out Benfica is paying 95k to the entire team to not lose against Sporting.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

lol sporting

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Looks like Aves isn't going to Europe after all as they never registered for it and never got the required licenses with the Portuguese football federation. This means Sporting goes instead. Sucks for the poor guys.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

julian assflange posted:

What the gently caress is that poo poo?

This is how UEFA works. Clubs needs to register with their national federations every season to compete in European Football, and then UEFA gives out the licences. I'm going to imagine that these registrations and licenses cost money, so small clubs that don't have chances don't bother with it until it's too late. Aves tried to registered but after the December deadline, so they can't go.

The other club that benefits from this is Rio Ave that was out of the Europa League but now is back in.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

orange sky posted:

Nah I think there's an article that says that in cases like these clubs have a special application period

Can't find anything about that. Only that the final decision by the PT federation/UEFA will be made on the 31st, but it might not matter as Aves stadium doesn't meet UEFA regulations.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Brony Car posted:

How big is Aves’ squad? Would being in the Europa League cause them relegation trouble?

Small team, small stadium, small budget. Got promoted last year, most thought that they would go down again, ended up mid table and winning the PT Cup so they overachieved like crazy.

Edit:Though going to Europa League directly would be huge due to Tv rights, sponsors, and prizes.

orange sky posted:

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/01/80/54/10/1805410_DOWNLOAD.pdf

If a club qualifies for a UEFA club competition on sporting merit but has not
undergone any licensing process at all or has undergone a licensing process
which is lesser/not equivalent to the one applicable for top division clubs,
because it belongs to a division other than the top division, the UEFA member
association of the club concerned may – on behalf of such a club – request an
extraordinary application of the club licensing system in accordance with
Annex IV.

I think this is it? Not sure it's even the same process, whatever

So it comes down to our corrupt federation to intercede on their behalf. This is even worse!

Meanwhile, Bruno de Carvalho has removed Sportings support to it's ultras, Juve Leo, and also filed a missing report person with the police about his daughter cause his ex-wife hates him and bailed on him this weekend

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 21, 2018

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

blue footed boobie posted:

Why the hell aren’t there any matches in this gay league between September 2 and 23? Will that change?

UEFA Nations league. I checked the English/German/Spanish league and they have matches in the dates of the Nations League, so I guess games will be delayed moved around, while here in Portugal folk simply decided not to book games for those dates.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

lmao the sporting telenovela continues now a court has given right to Bruno Carvalho claim that the general assembly that kicked him out of the club's presidency was illegal and he is back to being Sporting's president.

this poo poo is way better than any football that this dumb league provides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

First things first. Benfica is cool and good, and also clearly innocent. This is all a big witch hunt.

From the email case I fully expect it to end with some benfica SAD dude taking the fall for all the crimes and Vieira stepping down as president once things calm down, the club itself is not going to get any real repercussions, too many people connected to political parties and national government involved.

The match fixing case is all going to be pinned on the little clubs and individual bad faith actors from these clubs because lol if the 3 big clubs are going to get in real trouble for this.

• Locked thread