Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Portuguese teams in the CL: 6 matches, 1 win. RIP our coefficient

So the Portuguese are doing this too?
"Getting the sixth place" has been the fourth national sport (after hockey, football, and doping) here for the past 9 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Another loving international break. FIFA/UEFA have ruined football. Hopefully Trump can make the sport great again

FIFA/UEFA have ruined football
The modern FIFA was created by Joao Havelange
Joao Havelange is from Brazil
Brazil is a descendant of Portugal
Thus
Portugal ruined football

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

ChainsawCharlie posted:

After dominating for most of 90's and 00's ,thanks to a conjuction of shrewd bussiness,a superb eye for talent and lots of hookers and cocaine to referees, porto has been posting financial loss after financial loss because they insist on buying overpriced crap players using the "mediating services" of the company headed by the presidents son.it got so bad they broke fpp rules and are now under restricted management (i.e. they cant actually spend money to buy players).cue the exit of several board members because the teat ran dry.

Despite claiming to be run as a model bussiness and posting profits for several years,benfica had its IT services hacked not once but twice,exposing confidential communication inside the club which shows several high ranking members involved in things better described as "not technicaly illegal but shady as gently caress".despite record profits,instead of investing in the football squad the president insist on building the benfica collegue,benfica hotel and benfica radio.which are not bad ideas,if the construction company who will probably be awarded those contracts wasnt most likely owned by benficas president through a series of shell companies.

Sportings financial woes are so bad they had to exchange part of their debt for a financial instrument called vmocs,which basically means the club is now owned by a former banker who stole billions when his bank went tits up in 2014,and a guy from angola who made his fortune on money laundering,arms smuggling and blood diamonds.meanwhile they are paying 8 million euros per year to a coach that won one supercup and one league cup.in 3 years.

This sucks hard but also owns equally hard

• Locked thread