Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
"Oi, Dismas, we found this thing in the ruins. Any clue what's up with it?" and getting your head tossed at you in a bag is probably a great way to start a major existential crises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Eonwe posted:

this LP got me back into darkest dungeon

Same here. I've played the game like 8 hours during early access, but never really got in to it before the LP. Just endless restarting once every now and then.

Now Ive been marathoning the game the past few days, and am ahead of the LP now, and everything is horrible!

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Also just had my first Collector fight.

I was in a medium dungeon with a terrible map, that forced me to backtrack so much, that I took two hunger events before running in to him. Thankfully I have a pretty beefy Hellion, with massive damage and reach, otherwise that could have gone bad.

He dropped a single 2500 gold gem. :shepface:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I'm at like week 40 on my save, and I have yet to find a single head. I've fought the collector twice now, both time him only dropping a single Whateverahedron. Three secret rooms, two yielded only a disgusting amount of gold, and one time I was out of keys. I bet that one had all the heads.

:negative:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Lord_Magmar posted:

The Heir along the way learns to value other humans in a way his ancestor never did.

I dunno, I just sent four mooks to their death on purpose, just so I could get an achievement. :v:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Going in to this fight blind was fun. I nuked Wilbur instantly. :shepface:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Nalesh posted:

But what the poo poo is this boss even :stonk:

pig butt snakes

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I kinda want a prequel where you are the Ancestor, doing all sorts of things you really shouldn't be doing. Have it play in a similar way, but with even more focus on using your mercenaries as disposable meat.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Highwang posted:

Happy birthday to me. Here's a LP update for you all

Episode 19: On the road to a Cannon

Today we recruit a new Jester and test out Finale. Turns out its pretty good but still suffers the same grievances I had with it initially so its kinda still in that opinion zone of mine.

Also, Red Hook drops a reveal on us: DLC coming out early 2017: "The Crimson Court"

http://www.darkestdungeon.com/darkest-dungeon-the-crimson-court/

Aw yiss, expansion time. I hope that'll address some of the issues I have with later midgame (stuff we aren't at yet.) My playthrough lost steam at that point, and I got bored due to THINGS.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I took a random party to this fight blind on the first time, and I never even saw the cannon fire once.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Wang mentioning the Crescendo Box reminds me, man is my current run weird. I'm on week 60 or so, I've fought the Collector like 5 times, and found multiple secret rooms.

I have zero goddamn heads but every single music box. :psyduck:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I unequip all trinkets after almost all runs, so I know what I have. It's just some bizarre RNG I'm having. Boy would I trade the -stress% box for any of the heads, since the -20% ring is a pretty common quest reward.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
The cannon is the Darkest Dungeon equivalent of a car punching minigame.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Kickstarted on the day it was announced. Basically this LP would not exist if it wasn't for my 15 bucks. :smug:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
At this stage, I'll be disappointed if you ever take Kaboom Dragoon on to a dungeon run.

Alternatively, grab three other level 0 expendables aspiring heroes, and showcase a certain fun achievement. :haw:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Just your bog standard Kleptomaniac would do, really.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I never leave home without Iron Swan. There are just so many terrible 4th slot enemies you just want dead now and not later.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Killed my first Shambler. Thanks 'wang for showing what not to do. :v:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

The Berzerker posted:

Yeah I remember my first Swine fight where I had a MaA in slot 1 and had riposte active, that was great.

I just nuked Wilbur right away. Because clearly the gimmick there was that the small guy was actually the threat! :downs:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Noo, not Kaboom. He had a good thing going on in the tavern.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I used to kinda scoff at Highwang's distaste of the Occultist as a healer. Until I just lost my great Abomination to his stupid heal. Abomination was at Death's Door, so I needed one those 30+ health crits. Instead I get served a 0-point heal. That manages to apply bleed. That then promptly procs Deathblow.

Thanks Occultist! :shepface:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Valahmalah posted:

Yeah all my deaths in my current run were due to the inconsistency of his heal, (that and every time I felt game against the shambler he was main healer). I tend to run him now as the main healer only with a team of self healers like the abom, leper and houndmaster. Usually with a MAA with an increased heal received trinket to funnel damage.

To the point of fun runs. You can get away with that poo poo in early and medium dungeons, but hard tends to punish you for futzing around. Your attempts at fun are also restricted around trinket drops, no profane scroll drop that battle maiden is severely gimped, and doing dark runs without the moon trinkets is a real shot in the dark.

To note on fun though my early attempts at an occultist, abom, abom, jester party was manageable, to the point where on my next new game want to test a full abom party. Transform and absolution all day long.

I've basically been pairing my Occultists with my A-Bombs. Rest of my healing duties are on the usual Vestals, or ocassional competent self-heal parties. But now this dumb gently caress lost his Abomination, and I guess he's out of a job for a while! :argh:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Boksi posted:

Look what I just found!

Huh, console has exclusive trinkets?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Fuuuck Artery Punch.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I met one way before this LP did, and I wasn't carrying enough bandages. I had to bail out early after I had someone lose all their blood.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I almost feel bad for Chitlin. :allears:

"WHY?!"

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
And not eat them?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Veloxyll posted:

Entry level stuff. Where the game refuses to give me Lepers or Men At Arms. Or Antiquitarians.

"I see that you have Dismas and Reynauld. Here's 10 more crusaders and highwaymen, since you seem to like them. :downs: "

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
In my run, I have more Plague Doctors than Vestals. She's my Vestal. All the stuns, shuffles and DoT's.

So good.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Oh hey, looks like the Crimson Court is going to address one common complain about the game:

http://www.darkestdungeon.com/hamlet-for-the-holidays/

"So, we are planning an alternative game mode (RADIANT), which will have balance changes and rule tweaks aimed at bringing the completion time down to approximately 40 hours"

I might finally complete this drat game. :toot:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Where's the comment, you said there would be a comment, Highwang.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jan 2, 2017

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Highwang posted:

Decided against it after the person requested in-stream for me to stop bringing it up. Should've edited out that part as well honestly.

Ok, that makes sense.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Oh cool, crossover between my two favorite currently running LP's. :allears:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
oh my god gently caress you highwang

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Good LP, thanks for the ride!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I'm honestly still kinda disappointing that you ended up using Kaboom Dragoon.

And you didn't even feed him to the Heart as an apology!

• Locked thread