Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aww man, I was hoping the Darkest Dungeon joke narration would never stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Highwang is absolutely right about mods.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Halser posted:

All of the terrible horrors I have seen pale in comparison to that final, crowning thing. I could not look, nor could I look away!

That mod that turns the hellion into a lady that kills by smashing things with her butt damaged my sanity a little

Shame, that sounds dumb as hell and I can't stop laughing at the concept of it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cythereal posted:

For all discussion of weird, wonderful, and awful game mods, we have such things to show you up in Games.

That's mostly why I'm just laughing at the idea of it.

Halser posted:

All of the terrible horrors I have seen pale in comparison to that final, crowning thing. I could not look, nor could I look away!

That mod that turns the hellion into a lady that kills by smashing things with her butt damaged my sanity a little

If you can take another stress hit, I want a link to this thing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Finally got caught up on all the videos, and I must say for a game that I've heard is so incredibly lethal I'm surprised no one's died yet despite all the close calls.

Well that's to be expected, since this isn't a blind LP.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You mentioned that you could turn off corpses in the video. What other things are modable like that in the base game? I'm sure it doesn't hit Don't Starve levels of depth but I'm curious about that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Because I am also a fool, I bought Darkest Dungeon as well. So, where do you find those healing charms and Dismas' head?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

vdate posted:

Didn't 'Wang already show off the other way to get a head? (Healing charms are just random drops. Check the dungeon rewards!)

Yeah he did but lol if you think I remember where he got every single charm and trinket across these twelve videos.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pvt.Scott posted:

Rotating, single-band-themed jester quote sets would be cool.

I see what you're getting at, that's how we work the Jojo reference into this!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'd like this game more if my laptop were able to run it better. :v: As it stands, it's constantly crashing in the mission success screen and fights are so slow. The fact that the game autosaves every turn is the only thing saving me at this point.

Also, I should really start watching the LP over from the beginning since I just went wherever but avoiding the cove. The Ruins would've been a way better place to gently caress around in instead of dealing with all this vomit and these mushroom men.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm looking at A Raving Loon's streams now and he runs two highwaymen, a jester and vestal, in what I believe are the Ruins. Instigates a Shambler fight, wins it, and then immediately runs into the Collector right afterwards, surprising it.

Granted, that was 5 months ago and those videos might've been recorded even earlier than that. But still, holy poo poo. Also, no one died that run and one of the highwaymen turned out Vigorous.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

My Dismas has been struck by that most insidious of mind killers.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't get the Miron joke. Was he a backer or what?

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm bad at posting :negative:

Same.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bruceski posted:

That's the new arrivals cart. He showed up twice.

Before that picture too? Because I'm pretty sure people have been making jokes at his expense even before that one was posted.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Scribbleykins posted:

Not that I know of. I believe that picture was the start of it all (back in the DD Games thread in February 2016). If someone's been bashing him in this or other threads before or after that event, then Miron's so fat his mockery cannot be contained to a single thread or timeline.

Huh, I guess I just thought that Miron jokes had been a regular thing before that picture for some reason.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RickVoid posted:

Trinkets
Magic Bag
+10% Stack Size (Extra Dimensional Space)

Bag of Holding
+25% Stack Size (Extra Dimensional Space)
+20% Party Stress (Things Lurk Behind The Curtain)

Now I'm trying to decide of +25% is too OP even with the 20% Stress Boost. Like, pair that with an Antiquarian and a Jester for Stress Healing and you'd bring back a metric gently caress-ton of loot with minimal risk of heart-attacks.

Maybe it guarantees the appearance of a collector?

Just make it an item you use and that's it.

Anything to lessen the grind towards the endgame.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

inthesto posted:

Of course I was right about barbaric yalp. :colbert:

Everything but the name it seems.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dungeon cuisine

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Veloxyll posted:

pretty sure killing a bunch of dudes in their sleep is not Lawful Evil.

Neutral Evil, on the other hand...

You're going to sit there and tell me that William "B.J." Blazkowicz is in any way Evil? I spit on you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdjK4xOSUOk

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

Sifting through the Youtube comments yielded this beauty:

2 questions: 1. who is GM Arcturus and why is he so bad or problematic or whatever?

2.I guess talking poo poo about Wang is bad/problematic now?

He's a dork on here who did LPs of some Kingdom Hearts games. Wrong about the lore in that series and his co-commentators gave him a lot of poo poo for it- more so than KalonZombie or the Roosterteeth group even-. The best was an exchange that went:

"Did you ever beat Canary Mary?"

"No! I haven't even PLAYED Bioshock Infinite!"

I've gotta get through my backlog and check this video out now. Gotta know if it's more vitriolic than everyone is in Chitlin's Grimrock 2 LP.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Highwang posted:

Disgaea 2 is looming/Out.

Wait, already? Sweet!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mzbundifund posted:

Isn't he guaranteed to start with Warrior of Light though? That's a really nice perk if you aren't doing some sort of all-dark challenge run. Clearing klepto isn't a big deal and he can sit on the bench until the sanitarium opens.

Here, life is cheap and real estate is expensive.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nalesh posted:

I want more highwang trying to speak r'lyehian, he's so bad at it, it's magical :allears:

Tries reading them, fucks up so badly he starts summoning angels and paladins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ousire posted:

I wanna hear the narrator do his best "Cthulhu fhtagn!"

What I've realised now is that I really want some Wayne June narrating benign conflict-free games in a sinister manner like here. I wanna hear that kinda ominous overview for something like Animal Crossing or whatever new Harvest Moon-ish game comes out after Stardew Valley.

• Locked thread