Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Sign me up: Man-At-Arms, Crusader or Highwayman please.

Also if you're ever looking for a guest commentator hit me up. I love the game and can talk for ages on the art direction, the musical score, inspiration behind design choices and all that fun stuff that no one really cares about if they are playing them selves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I'm fairly sure you do get to see the enemy resistances when you mouse over them in combat now.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I'm ecstatic that Darkplace won, but please be sure to write it as one word. Only that spelling is smooth, like ice.

God Richard gets me every time.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

I got your back buddy. I have been talking about doing an LP of this for the last 12 months but never got around to doing so. I'm glad someone is doing it and I'm glad it's you cause you're doing a good job.

If you ever want a guest commentator let me know; I love gushing over the art, atmosphere and music pieces in this game

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Highwang posted:

Quick post since I'm being a lazy rear end in a top hat:

Always seal: +2 Speed, +10% prot.
Seal if you want but not necessary: +crit, +hp, -Stress, Attack+ if Torch @ 75%
Dont even bother: Location-specific traits, race-specific traits
The one exception: Occultist with Eldritch Hater/Slayer

Always remove: Kleptomania, -Virtue %, -speed, -acc, -dodge, -death blow resist
Annoying but not necessary to remove: -hp, -crit, Addicted to [x]
Don't even bother: Location/race specific traits
Keep these bad behaviors: Obsession with curios barring hylomania. Basically an auto-examine, rarely 100% fucks you over and takes a bad trait out of the cycle

Priority diseases to remove: Black/Red Plague, Tetanus, Rabies, Tapeworm, Lethargy, The Ague

What is the disease that gives you a huge damage buff? I like that one to the point of keeping it on dudes.

Anyway what would be great is if with each episode you posted a bigger blurb a single class and discussed builds and team comps you can do; if this is going to be the definitive SA LP and go up onto the LP archives for all sorts to read let's make it as good as we can to teach people. Like those "How to CK2' LPs.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Aug 10, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Highwang posted:

Rabies

Used to be serviceable until they quite recently doubled the acc penalty[-5 to -10], so you would need to wear double accessories to offset that penalty. Not worth taking now imo.

Just take Dismas' head.

I only ever got the head once from a secret room in the first non-tutorial dungeon I did.

I'd love to hear you talk about Trinket Builds and the Antiquarian class.

Edit: I was looking at the Rank 4 Man-At-Arms build with Guard and the two buff abilities combined with the Guardian's Shield for example.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 10, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Jesus you know I've got a file that's at week 27 or something and with this LP I question how the hell I made it that far with no real "builds" on guys.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I just had my sweet Riposte front line team (MAM and Highway) accidentally kill Wilbur in one shot.

:( Fuuuug

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
You know for all my love of this game I have never gotten to the stage where my whole team is level 3 or over. That has happened today! Well most of it.

Highwang can you do a little talk about skill/gear level vs resolve level content for me? I went into a level 3 ruins with some level 1 skills and was seriously irked by the tiny plinks of damage they did.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

double nine posted:

I've been using this guide which works well enough. The author tends to over-emphasize defensive trinkets like bandages in the cove or ruins but overall it works well enough.

On that note I used to think that bandages in the cove are worthless. Then I had a short mission with 6! uca crushers who didn't use anything but bleed attacks.

I will never insult bandages again.

Having moved up to the Level 3 Missions I can say I'm totally taking more DoT clearing items on my adventures. Seriously gently caress 6pt bleeds.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Week 32: I lost Dismas and Reynald on the same day.

Dismas to the Swine King....

Reynald to Wilbur :aaa:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Yep got that. All his abilities doing 1 damage is bullshit. How does waving flags at my doods cause them to die?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Yeah I was going for this.

I am very very pissed off I lost my 2nd best Highwayman and my best Crusader after spending about 5k each just to remove lovely perks.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
lovely 20min photoshop gooo:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Hey Wang, can you go into some Lepper builds? I love the Lepper, he's my favorite model in game.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Hunger window pop up text suggestion:

Title: THIS FUCKIN' THING
Text: Oh boy it's your favorite mechanic. Click left if you're ready be mad at your dwindling supplies, click right if you hate yourself and everything else forever.

Also replace Treasure with Lewt/Phat Lewt

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Highwang posted:

Grievances are duly noted. Once the two-episode backlog is over, old data will return.

In retrospect I think your idea would be great if it wasn't the first comprehensive LP on SA. You're kinda writing the big one here that will end up on the LP Archives for lots of people to view and teach them about the game; ergo the funny texts may cause some confusion.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Well my play through is going fine. I'm at week 37 at the moment with 3 level 5's (RIP Dismas)

I wanted to show off my super neato MAA and have Wang yell at me for not locking skills.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Lewd Vial should recover stress from camping.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Hey Wang, if you want a card game that's free sign up for the Eternal Beta. It's like Magic Lite and it's design team consists of LSV.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

AtomikKrab posted:

The Crusader is out.

Was not expected it to go that way.

THERE IS ONLY WAR

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Klaus88 posted:

Like darkest dungeon isn't drawing from the same family of influence as warhammer.

:thejoke:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
CATTLE DRIIIIIIIIVE

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Highwang posted:

To sustain themselves on my agony.

Cattle driiiiiiiive

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I need to catch a Highwang stream one day. They look fun.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Highwang posted:

New Update - Episode 22: Casualties

Welp. Chitlin's bloodlust is finally sated.

Also before I forget, since we're on the path to the Crew here's a neat thing that showed up yesterday on the Darkest Dungeon twitter feed
https://blog.sketchfab.com/art-spot...darkest-dungeon

drat I want a 3D printed statue of his work

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Pea posted:

That's what always bothered me about the cart in the Warrens. The message literally says "You stumble on a cart of human remains". The appropriate response to this is apparently to sprinkle herbs on them, et voila! "Some of the meat becomes edible!" Why are human remains considered food?! :stonk:
I loved the Risk Legacy LP but since I mostly play board games with about 10-20 members of the local boardgaming group, the player composition is hardly ever the same. So, in my case legacy games or co-op campaigns usually go unplayed. Sure, some people are interested in playing these types of games, but they never actually take action to organize anything. At best, the first scenario gets played 2-3 times because there's always someone new in the group.

I can see why these game types are great if you play with the same 4-6 people every time though. Although my experience with co-op games has been mixed at best.
Imperial Assault was a great experience, but the traditional fantasy themed co-op board games were not. They look like the tabletop rpgs I know and love, but they pale in comparison.
As a game because they feel like a cheap knock-off to me. Also because the board gamers I have played with seem to have the mindset of winning at all costs. I can't quite name what it is exactly but moves take a long time, people seem to be more focused on figuring out the perfect move. Some even go as far as to make a move and then take it back when they see something better or notice that their chosen move has unpleasant consequences. Just go with your gut, make a move and roll with the results, drat it! :argh:

TL;DR
Ramblings of a grumpy goon.

The beauty of Risk Legacy is that it doesn't matter if the group is the same. Anyone can leave their mark on the board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Man I really need to catch up with this thread. I'm like 20 episodes behind.

Also hello Wang hope it's all going well!

• Locked thread