Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halser
Aug 24, 2016

double nine posted:

It's not very difficult. Alt-F4 quickly enough and you reload before the combat round. It's chicken tactics I know but I've restarted like 7 times now and I'm getting that drat achievement. Lightning reflexes required though.

Presumably you could hunt down where on the hard drive save files get stored and do a back-up before any dungeon crawl but :effort:

I have a dozen backed up files in my saves folder, mainly from trying bizarre party setups after beating the game.

Nobody can know how disgustingly good Man-At-Arms / Houndmaster / Houndmaster / Hellion is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
I always see it like this:
Apprentice: Learn party composition
Veteran: Optimize
Champion: Cheese

while experience and attention will allow you to vastly reduce casualties in the game, sometimes it does throw you a concrete sonic curveball that is pretty much impossible to deal with.

And there's no party composition that guarantees success in some of those champion dungeons.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

double nine posted:

Are champion dungeons easier than the Darkest dungeons?

Champion dungeons are significantly easier to cheese, in my opinion. I can't explain why in depth right now, though

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
I hope Highwang tries an Antiquarian/Antiquarian/Highwayman/Highwayman comp eventually. Every single enemy attack triggering a riposte, and the extra dodge+prot making them extra resilient. It's hilarious, though it doesn't work well in later levels due to stress.

Also, I implore you to reconsider Jester's Finale skill. Put him in the front row with some speed trinket. Let the first attack be Finale and then just buff. At Beginner without damage trinkets and Veteran with one or two, Finale basically deletes an enemy in the first turn, and since it hits row 1-3, you'll often be able to hit a stress dealer with it.

A level 2 jester without any damage trinkets is often hitting for 25 on finale for me, with disgusting 40-ish damage crits. It's really reliable, and in my mind if the Jester kills one enemy in a battle then he probably did way more than he needs to.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

mauman posted:

As for stress, I've managed to clear out a few dark dungeons with that team using just camp stress healing. :shrug:

what dungeon, though? In my experience Ruins/Weald are the hardest in terms of stress dealing if you're facetanking(as opposed to dodge tanking) without a stress healer.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

mauman posted:

By Dark dungeons I meant Darkest dungeons.

But I've taken that team in all the other dungeons as well. I just make it a point to take out Stress damagers first. I also heavily favor speed trinkets/quirks so that I can go first.

Well, I have very poor luck with rush strategies in champion/dark dungeons so I tend to take things very safely and slowly in those, and that usually means I need a way to avoid or heal stress.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

double nine posted:

FYI, the voice actor of the Ancestor is Wayne June and he's done other stuff - among others audiobooks for the Call of Cthulhu. Sample: http://www.waynejune.com/MP3/WJune_Lovecraft01.mp3

Sounds suitably demonic though there is a bit of audio clipping or whatever it's called when the audio cuts off a little.

http://www.waynejune.com/

also vestals are a crutch and should be replaced with occultists whenever given a chance. Seriously at least they have good debuffs and decent damage against eldrich.

Vestal's healing is just so reliable it's hard to stop using them.

The game is a lot less stressful when you have a guaranteed 7 health to everyone every turn(given the right trinkets, of course).

Add a jester with the Bright Tambourine and everything shy of a boss fight is a point and click adventure instead of a survival horror experience.

Halser fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 26, 2016

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
And now that I've watched the video I can reveal something.

I have actually changed the lines in-game to be funnier, at least considering my own sense of humor.

I have lines for Miss("Why did I bring a Leper") and dodge("Outskilled") and stuff like that.
here's a few examples(there's a Ruins boss spoiler there!)
http://imgur.com/a/RRAsy

this was probably overwritten with recent patches so I'd have to redo everything again if someone wanted the mod, but it shouldn't take longer than 20 or so minutes.

First image doesn't show the text correctly, but it's supposed to be a very subtle "OH gently caress"

Halser fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 26, 2016

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Highwang posted:

Man. This should be a side project for this LP. Gotta think about this for a bit.
Please do. You can change quite a lot of strings easily, even some stuff you'd probably never pay attention to, like heirloom descriptions.

I changed deeds to "Evidence of how many times you had to go through the loving Weald". That was before they changed the system.

Oh, and although the chances of getting in are pretty low now, I'll just put my name here for recruitment.

Classes:
1. Houndmaster
2. Grave Robber
3. Highwayman

If I ever land a Houndmaster, please name him Halser&Holser.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Krumbsthumbs posted:

I enjoy using the stun because of the added +torch benefit. If you run items or have quirks that require a high torch value then the stun is a very useful skill. The stun amulet or stone is usually enough to get the Vestal's stun move up to a decent chance to proc, leaving the other slot open for a head, or even the book that Highwang is using.

I think the Vestal is useful on long runs where you need to have a healing unit just to keep up with the nickel and dime damage you'll receive from various units. However, I prefer the Occultist in most boss parties or medium runs because he can debuff, mark and has an excellent AoE that he can use from the 3rd and 4th spots along with his heal. Also, he can be in a party with an Abomination, which is usually very nice.

An Occultist with that Eldritch Killing Incense and a damage trinket can shame Lepers in damage output against the right targets.

30% crit chance on Sacrificial Stab. It's amazing. I always save up my Occultists to Cove runs because they're so drat powerful there.

And it's funny seeing him heal for 60 or so when you stack healing trinkets. Of course he'll only do that when your target is missing 1hp, and of course he'll heal for 0 when he's at Death's Door.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
Abomination is up there with the Arbalest in the "I will fire you first if need arises" department. Unless you have a jester doing nothing but destressing people you're bound to end up with everyone insane in long dungeons. Never really saw the appeal when the Leper does comparable damage without the need to babysit and without the annoying class restrictions.

I always found it odd that a Vestal would happily party with a dude that's all about eldritch powers and dark sacrifices and maddening chants without any remorse, but when a sad man that's possessed and obviously hates it shows up they get disgusted.

Cassa posted:

So what made the antiquarian's 1-1 heal so attractive to you, instead of anything else?

Any heal is a good heal when you need folks out of Death's Door.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

EponymousMrYar posted:

One is a man who worships eldritch demons and can still be shown the error of his ways.

The other is a demon shackled inside a prison of flesh and bone, who occasionally escapes that prison to wreak havoc.

That's quite the difference to a clergyman.

the Occultist is also possessed though, he made a pact with some eldritch entity. It's just a bit more subtle visually.

When he goes depressed, he says
"I cannot let It escape... DESTROY ME! NOW!"
"YES. FREE ME FROM THIS MORTAL PRISON. FREE ME."
"Will I ever possess my own mind again? Or am I lost?"
"Cannot sleep... the black-beast is ever-roaring..."

Paranoid:
"The others must surely know my secret by now..."
"Must not let the others guess my true nature..."

And Irrational is very fun to read:
"MAKE YOUR PEACE, MORTALS. I BURN THROUGH."
"I AM THE BLACK-BEAST. PERISH IN FLAME."
"HG'ROKAN MANOGASN EL'CTHORGHRAKORH L'LOARX-R'GHAN."

You may argue that he just thinks he's possessed in his insanity, but he also does a few eldritch chants when he crits too. He's very clearly tormented by some demonic(to a holy person) entity.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

EponymousMrYar posted:

Right, he say's he is one... But he doesn't actually demonstrate that beyond his eldritch arts and ramblings. While the Abomination actually turns into something not-human.
The difference is literally 'he is and has demonstrated that he is a demon.'

You can always decided to be God and edit the ini file like Chitlin said if it really bothers you :v:

it doesn't bother me too much, it's just one thing I like pointing out.

It's a fair explanation to me that the holy classes are just ignorant of how the Occultist gets his powers.

Although the whole tentacle summoning thing is a pretty big red flag.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

The faith seems to be a weird hope spot in the setting, where you can gain powers to fight the corrupt and evil magic without setting your soul on fire. Sure, the Vestal has to stay virginal and the Leper has his disease, but the Crusader seems to be able to call on attack spells and healing just fine.

I do wonder what powers the fish guys/cultists/etc are channeling, as they have more dark themed powers than the occultist does. Sure, the occultist has his stun that puts out the torch (though I've never seen anyone use it) but his tentacle motif is a lot different from the other wizards in Darkest Dungeon.

"Some think the Flame is holy. I know otherwise..." - Also an Occultist line.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Vestal and the Occultist all channel the same forces, in different ways. It would fit the setting, I think.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Scribbleykins posted:

Also, WHY ARE YOU FINISHING OFF STUNNED ENEMIES WHEN YOU CAN TRY KILLING ENEMIES WHO CAN STILL HURT YOU? WHY?! THINK OF THE ECONOMY OF ACTION! MHN'FTAGH!
*huff* *huff* *puff*

that depends. If you stun them in the first turn before they get their action, then killing them is a good idea if they have high speed. Chances are they'll act first in the second turn after shrugging off their stun, and when you're dealing with stress dealing enemies, one turn is all they need to be a pain in the rear end.

double nine posted:

Wait what? The arbalest is amazing!

Hey, I'll sing praises to pretty much all classes in the game, even the poor Leper. The thing is, if you're not a Vestal/Grave Robber/Jester/Hellion/Houndmaster then you're probably B-team material for me. One of the problems is that I rarely ever get any use of her mark damage, because even when I run an Occultist I prefer to stab stuff in the face/pull annoying enemies to the front instead of marking an enemy for her.

And the Musketeer is obviously better stat wise, because for some reason she never stops critting for me.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Atomikus posted:

Literally just a reskin of the arbalest.

yes

but my personal biased account says she crits more

so she's obviously better

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Pvt.Scott posted:

I just started a new game, lost Reynauld to three crits in a row on full torch and now the game is making GBS threads antiquarians on me. I have three in the stable and it's week four? Five? Three Vestals too. The gently caress game?

E:I'm barely clawing my way through dungeons because my guys keep getting mega stressed from constant crits (keeping the torch as bright as I can, just bad luck) so I've got tons of support characters while my few damage dealers and meat sacks are working off the stress at home. Week four I had to take the abomination out which made my entire team crazy by the end of the dungeon. I'm barely spending any money in town other than maybe grabbing one skill on one guy and doing one weapon or armor upgrade, but even with antiquarian loot, I'm going broke trying to provision my guys. I think I'll get my footing in a few weeks, but this run started out rough. On the bright side Dismas has gotten a bunch of great traits!

Sometimes the game just deals you a terrible hand.

In my most recent playthrough I only had the "discretion is a better part of valor" pop up show up in the veteran Hag boss. Before that, no one had ever reached Death's Door.

On another playthrough everyone goes nuts in the second dungeon.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Highwang posted:

That's just the surface of the garbage boat of mods DD gets.

Chitlin linked me to some mind-fraying ones. One of them being what would barely be described as Quiet from MGS5

All of the terrible horrors I have seen pale in comparison to that final, crowning thing. I could not look, nor could I look away!

That mod that turns the hellion into a lady that kills by smashing things with her butt damaged my sanity a little

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

RareAcumen posted:

If you can take another stress hit, I want a link to this thing.

I'm sure you can find it on the nexus. I've only seen screenshots of the mod in effect.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

RickVoid posted:

Can you tell me which files specifically need to be edited, and if I can use your standard text editor for it? Want to personalize mine.

sure

the file is "miscellaneous.string_table.xml". I use notepad++ to read it, and it helps by coloring stuff so it's easier to read.

The lines that affect combat are generally the ones with "ui" tagged on it, like

quote:

<entry id="str_ui_dodge"><![CDATA[Dodge!]]></entry>

the string inside CDATA is what pops up when someone dodges an attack.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Highwang posted:

Help I'm dead from laughter.

Hmm. Might have to gently caress around with things.

I better see some terrible memes six episodes from now

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Cythereal posted:

And by implication of the narrator, it's living under the PC's house. Meaning the game will probably end with the adventurers killing its corporeal body but the experience drives them and the PC so insane that they become its replacement body or some such.

I'll be very surprised if the game goes "Congratulations, the evil is destroyed, your evil ancestor laid to rest, everyone goes home and lives happily ever after save for the lifelong cases of PTSD."

I am enjoying the LP, though. Not sure it's my cup of tea to pick up myself, but the LP is funny and informative and has been doing a great job showing off the game.

I don't think the Ancestor is evil, just a hell of a dick.

Wouldn't you doom humanity to eternal darkess and madness if you were tired of boring rear end luxury and being rich?

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

StoryTime posted:

Oh man. XML is funnier than most memes.

KozmoNaut posted:

As always, Linus is 100% correct.

I'm not sure I understand.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

KozmoNaut posted:

StoryTime posted some typically crappy XML, I posted a quote about the crappiness of XML, that I had just read recently.

XML is poo poo that I have to deal with every day at work.

I understood that point, I just don't understand why XML is so bad in that particular quote of mine. DD only uses .XML to store what text should be displayed on the screen in certain situations(rather simple overall), for anything more complex it uses .JSON and their .Darkest extension.

Sjonkel posted:

What are some decent parties to use the Occulist as main healer in? My vestals are almost level 3, and I don't want to be stuck without any if I overlevel them.

His burst healing is great if the party has some other healing skills to help in case the RNG starts hating your guts.

He goes well with the Leper, because the Leper has a very powerful self heal. He goes very well with the Arbalest, because her heal also buffs healing received, reducing the RNG potential. She also benefits from marks, which the occultist can provide. Any party with a Bounty Hunter also goes well with an Occultist because of his mark skill.
His Pull+Corpse clear skill also helps Lepers and Crusaders(who also have a heal skill!) since their targeting range is rather small. This lets them do their insane damage on targets that matter, rather than 75% PROT, 1 damage tanks.

The occultist is overall great(and a shitfucker in the Cove) as long as you have backup plans in case of 0+Bleed heals.

Scribbleykins posted:

We'll see more of the Ancestor's failings as the LP progresses. It's... a bit of a show.

Oh, I've beaten the game already. I like how your reward for progressing through the game is simply finding out just how much your Ancestor hosed everything up.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

That guy could read the phone book and have you at the edge of your seat.

His wife actually asked him to stop doing his Lovecraft voice because it creeped her out

Can't blame the guy though, I'd never stop talking if I had that voice

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

StoryTime posted:

Sorry about starting the derail, all!

'scool, at least in my mind

And to get back on topic I guess I'll just wave my dick around and show my current record on loot in one dungeon.

http://i.imgur.com/m4PER5C.jpg

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

StrangeAeon posted:

Started watching, and I... haven't really played since before like half the classes were added-- no Arbalest, Man-at-Arms, Houndmaster, etc. They look great.

I'm also feeling my eyes bug out a bit at the treasure you're grabbing. Did they buff the amount of gold that comes to you? It's like twice what I remember.

secret rooms are basically a free 2500-7500 gold.

They didn't buff gold drops as far as I know, in fact they made everything a bit more expensive in the hamlet(with the exception of lvl 1 hero upgrades).

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Pvt.Scott posted:

Oh man, I got the +20% prot head and some +15% prot boots in the same run. Now I just need to pamper a few meat sacks and make them into consummate brick walls.

The AI has really enjoyed ignoring my marked, guarding, buffed, riposting front liners and just pouring crits on my squishes in the back, though. This new game just hates me so much. At least I have a good cash flow going now on top of this growing pile of RNG bullshit corpses.

Riposte only works as a full build if you have an Antiquarian to double your chance of getting a counter.

Keep targeting flexibility in mind with riposte comps. For example, it may be worth riposting against brigands, because the fusilier does nothing but blanket fire, which guarantees a counter. The bloodletter often uses an AoE whip attack too. Against the skeleton crossbowmen it isn't as great, since they can target ranks 2-3-4.

If you're in the Weald, as insane as that sounds you may want to keep an Antiquarian in rank 1-2, along with whatever class you'd like to riposte with. That's because a good bunch of enemies there can only target ranks 1-2. Fungal Clawers, Blighted Giants and Cultist Brawlers are stuck attacking those ranks, so if your Antiquarian in rank 2 force guards a Highwayman in rank 1, every attack from them will trigger a riposte.

If you have a 2x Antiquarian 2x HWM/MAA setup then you can guarantee that every single attack on your team no matter where will generate a counter, which is hilarious to see.

Also, going to Veteran and Champion dungeons it may be a good idea to keep what enemies can capitalize on marks in mind. You definitely don't want to self mark when you're dealing with Fungal Clawers, because Rend the Marked hurts like a motherfucker. Same for spiders and those weird green worm things.

Also, while having a PROT tank is not a terrible idea, consider having some form of stress relief in mind. When you're facetanking you tend to eat a lot of(low damage) crits, that tickle their HP but screw with their sanity.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

KozmoNaut posted:

I haven't found a single secret room yet :(

well, they're a 50% chance on medium dungeons and 100% chance on a long dungeon. Stack up on scouting chance, Houndmasters and Grave Robbers are good for that.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
I generally dislike debuffs too, outside of very specific situations.

Instead of debuffing an enemy's dodge chance, it's much better to use a party buff to increase accuracy. The effect is identical, but there's a 0% chance for failure.

One of the reasons why Jesters are almost essential on Champion dungeons.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
also it doesn't help that Vestals have notoriously low accuracy too. It's a pretty bad skill overall.

Divine Comfort/Judgement/Dazzling Light/Divine Grace is the best combo

I also use the Sacred Scroll meaning that Dazzling Light is just a light farming tool

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

double nine posted:

not the stun, take the melee attack for when your party gets pulled out of position through eldrich pull/surprise so you don't waste a turn.

if my party has a lot of shuffle skills, maybe. Some other times it's better to take a step back with the vestal than one forward with, say, a Leper, in the case of a shuffle.

Speaking of which, I just defeated the Champion Necromancer with Dismas and Reynauld shuffling in ranks 2-3 with Duelist's Advance and Holy Lance. He lasted 4 turns, maybe.

Dismas and Reynauld are best bros.

Mort posted:

While generally I agree with you about debuffs, I find myself using the Occultist's debuffs a lot. Weakening curse is good for neutralizing big dudes while the rest of your party murders the back lines. And in the right party, the vulnerability curse is good because even against a dodgy enemy the mark always hits.
very effective in the Warrens. Swinetaurs have relatively low debuff resist(compared to the Blighted Giants, the assholes) and they have no other tricks aside from "I hit you really god drat hard".

Actually, 2x Occultist trivializes a lot of the Warrens. No more insane hooks and butcher cuts, no more 20 damage AoE boar rushes.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
quote =/= edit

Halser fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 30, 2016

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Phrosphor posted:

Is there any way to reduce the damage of the bleed from the big crab guys in the cove? I have tried using weakening curse on them and whilst it does effect their damage it doesn't seem to do anything about that really scary DoT.

I also had Reynauld survive 4 heart attacks in one fight and that was a very stressful experience for me!

no way aside from having bandages or a plague doctor ready to cure whoever starts bleeding.

Or dodge tanking so you never risk bleeding in the first place.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

StrangeAeon posted:

Been playing again and, thanks to Highwang's tutorials, I'm doing a hell of a lot better than I expected. So, thanks Highwang!

However, recently-- and I may be lambasted for this-- I decided to cheat a bit because while I enjoy the game, is dislike how grindy it is. As it turns out, you can edit the inventory file directly to increase the item stack limits. It's an incredibly simple thing to do, and yet it makes so much difference to Medium/Long missions to be able to carry both your gold and your heirlooms.

I did that in the first playthrough after the game released. With heirloom exchange I don't need it anymore though.

Handling money gets a bit easier if you decide to make strictly heirloom and strictly cash runs, and which trinkets are worthless and can be sold. Getting both in one run often results in getting very little of both.

It does get harder when you start upgrading folks to lvl 5 though, poo poo's expensive as hell.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Mzbundifund posted:

Shuffling is a lot more common with new players that don't understand the value of scouting. Once you get a scouting trinket and start actually spending respite points on +scout chance buffs, your odds of getting surprised go way way down, and surprise attacks are responsible for most of the shuffling in the game.

I still miss the times where surprise gave you a full round advantage over your enemy, there was a single crit roll for AoE's, camping buffs lasted forever and damage buffs were additive on AoE damage instead of multiplicative.

Dismas just isn't the same when he's not dealing 53 damage crits on three enemies in the first turn.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Broose posted:

Having never played this game, how is scouting handled? Sometimes Highwang does it, sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes maps are found. Is it random? What the hell is going on in this game cause I'm pretty lost trying to follow. Also, how does the difficulty work? The more you explore one dungeon the difficulty goes up? Is it possible to grind out low level stuff forever? Does exploring one dungeon up the difficulty of another?

Scouting is random every time you enter a room. It is based on the current light level, trinkets and certain quirks a character may have. Someone with the Cove Explorer quirk, for example, has a higher chance of scouting in the Cove. Higher scout chance also improves the chance of a "strong scout" that reveals stuff in a longer range and reveals secret rooms.

The difficulties are divided in four tiers: Beginner, Veteran, Champion and Darkest.
Beginner dungeons can only be ran by heroes from lvl 0 to 2.
Veteran, lvl 0 to 4(recommended 3,4)
Champion, 0 to 6(recommended 5,6)
Darkest is a special difficulty set for unique events.
In each of these difficulty levels, missions can be short, medium or long. Generally the longer the dungeon, the harder it is, for obvious reasons. As an added "bonus", in Long Champion dungeons, the spawn rate for elite enemies is raised, so it's harder than just doing more battles; chances are these battles will be harder too.
I'm sure Highwang explained it already, but there's another layer of difficulty in the light level in the dungeon, which you can control by using torches(or by not using them). The darker it is, the higher the crit chance for both you and the enemies, the more damage the enemies deal, the more stress your heroes take, and the more loot you find. Also, as explained before, low light means no extra scout chance, meaning you're going in blind and risk taking a more dangerous path, or meeting a group of enemies by surprise, which shuffles your party into a formation that may just ruin your plans.

Every week, missions are generated based on your roster and how many weeks you have been playing for. The longer, the higher level. If you've been taking a beating and have nothing but rookies in your hamlet, then the chance of seeing beginner dungeons is higher. Otherwise, if you've been playing for a long time and have a hamlet full of lvl 5+ heroes, you'll rarely see veteran and beginner dungeons.

It is possible to grind stuff forever if you want to, but since roster size is limited, you'll need to keep firing people/get them killed to free up space to grab more rookies to do low level dungeons.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Scribbleykins posted:

whose only pleasure in life is wringing their heroes dry before discarding them like empty husks. :colbert:

e: goddammit Halser you better poster you

This post has become vestigial. Useless.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
:pseudo: adding to the comment on Pelagic Groupers, keep in mind that while they technically can attack ranks 1-4, they have strict position restrictions for that.

A fishman in rank 1-2 can only attack ranks 1-2. One in ranks 3-4 can only attack ranks 3-4.

This is important if someone is in death's door and you want to dodge a swipe/hook, if you're doing fancy riposte strats with the Antiquarian or if you're stalling for heals. With a guard character, you can put him in either the front or back ranks(depending on where the fishes are) and keep guarding the other vulnerable ally while your healer takes care of everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Mzbundifund posted:

Bring this guy! Bring him!

The one weakness in this party is stress. Crits may deal only 1 damage, but they'll still ruin sanity after a while.

If you have good dodge trinkets, you can actually make an interesting party that has no healers, but very good survivability.

Man-At-Arms / Houndmaster / Houndmaster / Hellion.

With the right trinkets at champion level, the Houndmaster can get a base dodge of 57, meaning that most enemies have a base 50% chance of hitting him at champion level.
While guarding someone, this immediately goes to ~25% or so.
Slap a Bolster, and this goes to ~16%. On round two, it minimizes at 10%, the lowest possible. Bolster's extra speed basically guarantees that the second round of buffs will happen before the enemy can act.
With 90% dodge chance on your entire team it's pretty drat hard to get killed. Doesn't help that houndmasters have Lick Wounds to get themselves out of death's door either. The Hellion can also get herself healed up a bit if by some freak accident she actually gets hit. This has someadvantages over PROT tanking: no bleed procs, no stuns, no stress, no debuffs.

It may sound crazy to do champion long dungeons without a healer, but it works! Keeps you on the edge of your seat though, 10% is very reliable but it isn't 0.

Not recommended to use anywhere outside the Cove. AoEs ruin this little strategy.

• Locked thread