Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

that zipline some goon made for a summer camp that was a death trap, and the subsequent fyad thread making fun of it

the guy who made a thread counting all the chipette panty shots in the alvin and the chipmunks movie (pre-CGI one)

Niwrad posted:

LF raised like $1200 for some guy in the forum who said he was Muslim and needed clothes for job interviews because he was really fat. He ended up just buying weed with it.
lf was the origin of so many terrible "leftist" subcultures on the internet- anime marxists, overpromotion of identity politics, seeing radical politics in pop culture, giving people money just because they're higher on the oppression ladder, and probably more that i can't think of right now

get that OUT of my face has a new favorite as of 06:31 on Jul 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Fat Shat Sings posted:

which then reminded me of the child death zipline for some reason.
this was a pic of the zipline that some dumbass thought was a good idea to make

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Edit: Also that thread where a guy was storing bottles of semen in his room and got caught
that was the first memorable thread i encountered as a goon. bonus: he had manboobs that leaked milk

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

four years later, Hamilton is a smash hit on broadway in spite of essentially being this poo poo

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

fragmaster did a reading of this that was hilarious

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Vincent posted:

Didn't this smiley originate here?

yes it did, as the emoji for "awesome". then people started using it so much that they changed the emoji code to "iamafag" and replaced "awesome" with a dorky dude getting a boner. 4chan then adopted the unloved baby and now it's a big thing

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Linux Pirate posted:

lol @ you for calling classic SA emoticons "emojis".
loving hell, smartphones have corrupted my mind and my soul

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

he once called himself a "reformed troll," which just means that he considers himself morally superior to windbag journalists (himself excluded, of course) instead of random losers on the internet

cuck cuck im gay posted:

The saga of wojtek.
i only know that guy because his avatar was a roaring gray bear ("wojtek" is polish for bear). didn't know that he's a poopsocker

btw i love how your username sets off the filter when you're quoted

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Elfgames posted:

The kevin havens/dollfucker saga and Nickolaus Pacione were amazing back in the day
don't forget the Bad Dragon guy

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

goons have had some hosed up weddings

i'm gonna need a link to the Zelda wedding thread pronto, if it hasn't been posted here already. unfortunately the thread in BYOB where the woman who wrote the BYOB reggae was severely compromised due to WaffleImages going down, but it was still fun to read because there it was revealed she had an Aqua Teen Hunger Force themed wedding. and i'm not sure if there was a thread about LF and Helldump superstar Goatstein attending a steampunk wedding, but that was a thing too

i think GBS needs to sit in time-out for a while, but drat if i'm gonna give up my posts with lack of caps and proper punctuation

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

to this day Goatstein has never posted the pics despite multiple offsites offering to unban him in exchange for them.
i wouldn't take the bait either tbh. also those pics were posted on a wedding photography site and should still be there. i saw them with my own eyes

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

One of my favorite shitposting goons when I started here was Teapot, mainly because he changed his avatar every time he got a probation to match his rap sheet. This was his avatar before he got banned and then permabanned.

Those big red medals represented 30-day probations and the smaller blue ones represented his other probations. He was a Soviet apologist who really, really hated Windows and Microsoft, and his probations usually involved one of those two topics.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

LF took a major turn for the worse after the 2008 election. A lot of lovely internet subcultures that are widespread today were prevalent there (users supporting the worst of communism while having an anime avatar, extrapolating pop culture to academic concepts, fetishizing nonwhite cultures to the point where they paid $2000 to a fat loser because he claimed to be Muslim). Also those GBS effort threads were made so they could laugh at the reactions in their Helldump-like thread making fun of them. Makes sense because that's where a lot of Helldump regulars migrated to.

Also I'm pretty sure that it was the forum that acted all creepy towards Kate Beeton and caused her to never return.
His only problem was that he was ahead of his time. I was reading the posts he got probated for yesterday and I was laughing about them.

get that OUT of my face has a new favorite as of 06:30 on Oct 7, 2016

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

Those guys literally made another black poster do a brown bag test because they couldn't believe someone could disagree with them without being white.

Anyway, I have no idea how I earned a ban on sight from a forum I've never psted in, but: in it, voted 5.
Koalas March is a good example of what would happen if you gave a Buzzfeed editor power over an internet forum, and Lowtax giving her run of an entire subforum as compensation for being too petty as a D&D mod was a very bad idea.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Sorry, I'm just extremely tired of opening the reports forum and seeing ten new reports that have all been filed for reason: "anime."
Please post some of them in the "STOP REPORTING STUPID poo poo" pinned thread. We haven't had an update in a while.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

If you think its a bad idea just think of it as a quarantine forum like any of the others
I'd be all for bringing The Race Space into a "Retarded Forums for Assholes" thing like LF and YCS were. Put BYOB there while we're at it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Was the fad diet thread the low carb one? Because while I didn't know about the lard bucket scheme, I've had this screenshot saved from there for a while.

Also the FYAD thread about the deadly zipline is required reading.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

Also he sent her at least one PM about having a boner over her pajama pic, because Elsa's a class fuckin' act
The lion's share of his rap sheet is him being a sick gently caress and being a dick about EVE Online.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

This thread has probably repeated the same stories many times over the past 200+ pages, so this has probably already been talked about, but I love HondaRider's demodding and banning. He told a heroin addict that rehab is stupid and she should take LSD instead (probably the context for the end of that Duncan/triticum guzzler post). Somebody made a QCS thread about it, he stepped down when Ozma requested it, and he whined about it in that thread and was banned. I think he still regularly posts on Something Sensitive.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

goons are stupid as hell

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Kyoon hasn't shown up in a while. Did the Illuminati finally get to him?
He's still around, he just doesn't post here anymore (unfortunately).

This is a recent blog post from one of Kyoon's numerous Blogspot blogs.

I was friends with someone who says he played online games with Kyoon. He never got into his Illuminati actor conspiracies when they were playing, though.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

That guy who stored his cum in bottles was one of the first threads I really liked. He also had manboobs that leaked milk. Unfortunately I forgot his username.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

He was Helldump superstar Boniface.
Jeb Lund realized that he could be a "punching up" rear end in a top hat and people would like him more, as opposed to being this kind of Helldump rear end in a top hat.

Also I'm pretty sure he stopped posting there because somebody called his house and his wife got angry at him. He was in his late 30s. I don't think he posted in LF, he went straight to FYAD as Mobute.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Kelp Me! posted:

he's the one that was openly mocked by both the Smash Mouth guy and the San Jose Sharks mascot, right?
No, that was Jon Hendren, who was "docevil" on the forums.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Hendren is all right in my book, it's just that his attempt to troll Smashmouth backfired spectacularly.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jon sort of redeemed himself when he came on a program on Headline News that was trashing Edward Snowden. He then purposely mixed up Edward Snowden with Edward Scissorhands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjWImWhPz6M

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jose posted:

avshalom having a big meltdown and getting permabanned because these forums are boring now reregging constantly since is a bit weird
At least her re-regs are entertaining, unlike Gurf's.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Thanks for reminding me of those text-to-movie videos on YouTube. Here's one acting out Ferretball's "rape is sometimes justified" post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubbbNj0ZpA4

I don't know if this was a post, but it's called "Welcome to LF" and it's funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux3IPRGK6F8

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

"Therapy is for losers, take LSD" -Honda Rider, former TCC mod, to a woman who wanted to quit heroin

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Sid Vicious posted:

I really miss when im gay and cuck were word filtered especially when the user whose name was cuck cuck im gay would post and get quoted
The most underappreciated word filter was the one that changed "hth" to "I'm a huge prick."

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Any funny tea pot will do.

?
Speaking of which, I liked the old goon "Teapot" who updated his avatar with a medal every time he got a probation or ban. His two greatest passions were talking poo poo about Windows and being a tankie.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ugh its Troika posted:

I actually talked to Caro on facebook and bought him a gift certificate for an account, but he hasn't shown up. Last I heard he was denied government benefits because he committed a crime by going over to Syria and fighting and was homeless.
He was homeless before he went to Syria anyway. Back to square one.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Who was the goon who was making a Spiderman 2 LP and got permabanned because slowbeef found out he's a pedo?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

leavemywife is doing a Final Fantasy VI Advance LP right now. He ended one of his threads by saying "by the way I struck and killed someone with my car, I don't know how long I'll be out for" but I guess something must have broke his way. Now he's married and has a kid.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Choco1980 posted:

I always feel bad that he gets lumped in with these others because in his case, it wasn't him being a weird goon as much as there being a tragic accident that he admitted fault to. While his thread ending message was as abrupt as that, it wasn't as casual as you make it sound. Just, he kept it brief and didn't go into details, which is reasonable, and then didn't say anything else about it, presumably doing his time, before coming back and trying to resume the life and hobbies he was known for. IIRC, the LP he was working on at the time and stopped preemptively was of the Japanese RPG "Live a Live"
I would hope anyone in that situation would say as little as possible. It was an accident of some sort, and he did feel awful about it, but other than that, it's safe to say he was found not to be at fault. I'm glad that things worked out for him (unless he really did do it but I'm not going there).

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I like Psychedelic Eyeball and I still watch him on Twitch since he's all but given up LPs since being forced out of here, but if you test the itchy trigger finger you're going to get blown away. Voidburger maybe didn't deserve the ban but she's terrible and her LP forum is stereotypical Tumblr crap, so who cares. I forgot the name of the person who ragequit SA along with her husband because of the change of the Stupid Newbie avatar, but it was hilarious.

I think other LP forum superstars were pissed at Lowtax even before then (TieTuesday hated him before that incident), but this caused a mass exodus. Guys like slowbeef and Diabeetus haven't posted since, but they were more focused on Twitch before then anyway. They segued their LP personalities to Twitch and you can watch them if you want to, so good for them.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Doc Morbid posted:

Mandatory trigger warnings when you post an LP of a game with violent, offensive or disturbing content. I had to add a bunch of warnings to the lovely GTA thread I dumped on the forum when it started, which felt just a tiny bit overkill.
The trigger warning FAQ is entitled "Trigger Discipline," which, ironically, is a bit insensitive. Also, the husband-and-wife LP duo that quit SA because of the change of the Stupid Newbie avatar ended up going to her forum. They were in the middle of a LP of the Mario Party series, which I was watching when they ragequit.

TTerrible posted:

Why did Lowtax ban these extremely normal and valuable content creators from his website?! :qq:
Voidburger continues to paint SA as an alt-right hellhole and established the LP Zone as a counterweight to our perceived political wrongs, but Psychedelic Eyeball couldn't give less of a poo poo and just plays stuff on Twitch now. The Lowtax incident was just something he did, and he moved on.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Who What Now posted:

What's wrong with mental health care?
It's not that mental healthcare is wrong, it's the underlying assumption that if you're posting on LP Zone, you're as much of a headcase as everyone else there. Also, my health is kinda none of your business.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Why would the advice of "seek professional help" be wrong if it came from there?
Because they're clearly not taking their own advice

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

yeah, you know what it is
baba booey
baba booey
baba booey
baba booey

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

This is even better than the incident that got the old PHIZ moderator demodded, because that one didn't end in a big whiny meltdown post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The best mod meltdown was when El Spider volunteered to mod GBS in a QCS thread, was made a GBS mod, did something to make Lowtax probate him, and he started probating people to use the probation reason as a means of trying to desperately contact Lowtax. This all occurred within like 48 hours or less, if memory serves.
What made Lowtax probate El Spider was his refusal to "[g]as threads entitled "friend of the family" or some variation thereof."

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3752220&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

get that OUT of my face has a new favorite as of 04:43 on Apr 14, 2018