Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It was before my time but I do love going back to read the invasion of Sony's online dating game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Who was that goon who pretended to be a paralyzed girl?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

HoboZero posted:

Goons won the 'design/vote for the new Doc Martens!' contest with a boot featuring the SA support bot, unicorns, and rainbows but the goddamn scheister company wouldn't make the thing

Because the SA support bot was copywritten from some gay rear end 1950's movie

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
That goon who killed himself because his friends didn't enroll in a gender studies class.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Looke posted:

whast the story on the lady in picture 2

That's microwave's mom

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tony Homo posted:

Morally Inept

For some reason this reminded me of a gay E/N poster who openly admitted to drugging straight men to rape them and it somehow took mods over a year to ban him.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh yeah also when people in the e/n tranny thread started defending a child rapist who film themselves raping their child then sold the video online. Apparently the child rapist being misgendered in prison was the real crime.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The kid every one made fun of for trying to write horror shorts. Then the kid joined the thread. Then a bunch of people wrote their own stories and everything got published

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bill NYSE posted:

I'm pretty sure I read John Dies at the End through (or because of) this site, and I want to say that a goon wrote the original short story.

I thought that was from cracked.com

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Please elaborate, I have to know more.

Windows98's life dream was to be a GBS mod. He begged and begged and begged on the forums every chance he got to be made a mod. I guess at some point he started hanging around the GBS IRC channel, made some networking connections and they were gonna make him a mod. However since he was so universally despised on these forums they were gonna have to make him a second account and make him mod in secret. So Windows98 decided to screen cap the secret plan and pass it around to brag about how he was going to be a secret mod and now he's banned.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hell Yeah posted:

well, it turns out they definitely did care and when someone posted this picture on the forums via an alt account called "Windows XP" lowtax and ladyambien banned windows 98 and publicly shamed him in an extremely dope gbs thread, which i can't find right now but i am sure still exists, probably in the gas chamber.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782122&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hell Yeah posted:

We still don't know who windows XP was, but he singlehandedly saved gbs from being modded by windows 98.

If you really wanted to you could probably go through is post history, find the skrillix plagiarism that he calls music, find his information then go over and gently caress his girlfriend since she constantly cheats on him.

edit: totally misread this lol, you were wondering who Windows XP was not Windows 98. I should have realized, no one cares who Windows 98 is

Ride The Gravitron has a new favorite as of 17:54 on Aug 7, 2016

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hell Yeah posted:

it wasn't nooner.

lol then some poor sap ate an unwarrented ban

WINDOWS XP posted:

lmao your welcome

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

*Stands up triumphantly*
No, I'm nooner!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

vibe alive posted:

Does anyone remember Must Love Horses?

I do not, please inform me.

Who was that gross goon in E/N who never showered and ate their own hair? Username started with a B i'm sure.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Hakan or Hakkan sounds right. I'd always just read the op without noticing who posted it, then it would veer off to some crazy poo poo. God drat it, hakkannned again

This but with 50 Foot Ant. I remember reading one of his stories about his wife being a nurse/battle medic in the middle east. It was one of the saddest things I had read and about half way through I scrolled up, saw I was reading a 50 foot ant story and breathe a sigh of relief that it wasn't real.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wedemeyer posted:

Someone please tell me I'm not crazy for remembering this. Wasn't there an e/n thread of a guy asking for relationship advice because he changed the shower head to something different and was confused when this girlfriend insisted he changed it back? I swear the thread was telling him she was masturbating with the showerhead and he should just change it back but he was being weird about it.

Theres a few E/N threads that I and only I seem to remember so I feel your pain. I could have sworn there was an E/N thread where some dude posted that he was worried because he couldn't contact his girlfriend. And so goons told him to contact her family but he didn't know who her family was. So goons said contact her friends. He didn't know who her friends were. So goons said to contact the police but he didn't even know where she lived. So goons asked if he was sure they were even in a relationship and he was all "of course she's my girlfriend. She begged me over aim to date her."

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The gimmick "First post" account that was around for a good couple months before being permabanned for stealing all the first posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
who was the drug addict in E/N whos friends moved in with him and his girlfriend and then they started banging his girlfriend until eventually they kicked the goon out so they could have a 24/7 guilt free gently caress fest