Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

That time somebody went to the SA office and they walked in the open door to find Lowtax asleep on the couch next to a bottle of boone's farm at like 2 in the afternoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

FYAD had their own admin, DocEvil, who could occasionally do cool admin things like changing the background to a different obnoxious image or tell people how many times they were reported for shitposting in Safe Zone Hugbox threads. But he never really did those two things and instead spent his time posting funny forced memes like "orb dad" and hanging out on Twitter where he could tailor his razor-sharp wit in 140 characters or less with a bunch of daycrew wallflowers and lurkers. In the summer of 2011 he tweeted "eat the eggs" to the lead singer from Smashmouth, a bold move that would spell his doom in FYAD.
Timeline of the Egg Incident

Early June 2011: DocEvil posts some dumb unfunny poo poo on Twitter that culminates in this heartfelt plea for Smashmouth to eat eggs. GBS, being a vile den of cancer, eagerly piles onto the bandwagon.

Late July 2011: After about a month of GBS making GBS threads up Twitter, Facebook, and even calling him at his home (lol), Steve Harwell finally agrees to eat eggs, as long as people donate $10,000 to charity, because as everybody knows, it's irresponsible and highly bigoted to do random silly things without raising money for a worthy cause. GBS, being mostly upper-middle-class white males whose parents pay for their college, happily agrees.

August 2011: After GBS raises $10,000, Steve Harwell gets scared and tries to weasel out of the deal. Finally he ends up asking people to raise even more money ($15,000 extra, lol) so celebrity chef Guy Fieri can come and cook the eggs! Nobody raises the extra money and Fieri still ends up cooking the eggs, possibly because he's a useless failure desperate for fifteen minutes in the spotlight.

Early October 2011: On an overcast, gloomy gray day, about 100 people mill around in front of a trendy gay restaurant. Guy Fieri makes omelets with extra tabasco sauce and disgusting poo poo which nobody can eat. In a masterstroke, Steve Harwell calls DocEvil to come up on stage. Rather than displaying even the slightest bit of personal charisma and/or charm, DocEvil lurches around awkwardly during the entire event, compulsively brushing his hair out of his face like that one goth kid from South Park and nervously clutching his pink iPhone with a death grip, his knees no doubt on the brink of shaking. DocEvil got completely owned by Steve Harwell, a fat washed up lovely rocker, and Guy Fieri, a fat washed up lovely chef, and also the San Jose Shark. Yes, that's right, because he couldn't help but look terrified and picked-upon rather than relaxed, the ex-admin of FYAD got publically made fun of and basically owned by a glorified furry, while the middle-aged washout ex-celebrities end up coming off as generally okay and self-depricating. Eventually some fat dude in the audience eats most of the eggs.

Mid October 2011: FYAD gets wind of the press coverage, featuring photos of their beloved fat admin overloard, and video of what an awkward plump apple-shaped baby-face aspergic trainwreck he is. They basically own the hell out of him and, true to his chickenshit character, DocEvil doesn't even bother showing up in FYAD anymore, instead retreating to the Front-Page Discussion forum for several months before finally gingerly stepping back into YOSPOS, his new "favorite" forum.

December 2011: DocEvil, feeling that perhaps the embarrassment has blown over, gingerly dips his toes into the shark-infested waters of FYAD. He is made fun of and is run out after like three posts. He retreats to YOSPOS, occasionally visiting ED to whine about FYAD.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Me and a couple other goons completed an entry in The Something Awful Youtube Wishlist in response to a :toxx:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G922zL__8Nw

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The story of pissgirl was one of the last great E/N threads.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3707314

mods change my name to Piss Balrog tia

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Popular Human posted:

Does anyone have a link to that thread about the weird T-shirt store that used generic templates and keywords to generate really bizarre designs? I laughed harder at that then almost anything I've read on the internet - and I want to see if any of the goons who ordered shirts from there got their merch.

You're thinking of idakoos.com my guy

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Rhyno posted:

There was a bunch of goons performing minor surgery on themselves for a while. A tooth extraction here, a growth removal there.

Good times.

Have any goons tried trepanning themselves yet because if not we're long overdue imo

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

Every time Lowtax enters a manic episode and tries to reform the forums for two weeks, he ends up making a buch of dumb decisions and convincing the mods they are the ones keeping the forums alive - thus affirming in them the desire to mold the forums in their retarded, insufferable image despite the opposition by people actually using and enjoying them.

well except for that time during the shmorky fiasco recently where he demodded several people because they disagreed with him that GBS should be more like kiwifarms lol

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

RFC2324 posted:

Such a bad faith argument. He said we should be making hilarious Photoshops like the one from kiwifarms that he posted with that statement.

i mean i didnt say that wasnt the case but hey who doesnt enjoy getting righteously indignant over a little hyperbole every once in a while

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

I prefer to heighten my senses and improve my alertness with all natural mangosteen juice.

lowtax posted:

SO DONT loving BUY IT, DONT loving DRINK IT, DONT loving CLICK MY LINKS.

I mean Christ, all I did was make this thread to support a product which actually pleasantly surprised me, and folks are voting this thread "crap" and suggesting I'm scamming them. I've said repeatedly that this was just my experience and in no way should indicate how everybody else will feel. I've said the links to Amazon were referrals, so I'm not trying to hide anything. I've-

ahh gently caress it, I'm closing this thread, gently caress you and gently caress GBS, I can never post a single goddamn thread in here without you faggots making GBS threads it up in some way or another. I should've learned my lesson long ago and never left the intelligent, rational forum where I don't have to deal with clueless idiots and morons like you people. I'm going back to FYAD and staying there, since it has a microscopic fraction of the retards and trolls populating GBS.

I guess that should strike me as being ironic, but it's more sad to me than anything. Thanks for running me out of my own goddamn forum.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Punkin Spunkin posted:

EllisD posted:

I really get nauseous thinking of cybering with my uncle but it may be the only way to get back at him for being a cheating rear end in a top hat.

:911:

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Yeah spam musubi is good as poo poo, basically just a giant piece of spam sushi and you can get them in any corner store or gas station in Hawaii like you would a hot dog

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Werner Herzog also had no idea what to expect from Comic-Con and ended up loving it.

he also played himself in an incredible mockumentary called Incident at Loch Ness in the early 2000s. It's about him trying to make a documentary about the cultural influences of the Loch Ness monster and the shithead Hollywood producer who keeps trying to jazz it up by going behind his back to have cheap animatronic monster parts made that he can sneak into the shots (among many other things). it owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Len posted:

Unlike Terminator 2 where James Cameron can be found explaining that the marketing ruined what was supposed to be a twist

i can verify anecdotally that the twist works, i watched it with my wife who knew nothing about it beforehand and she was genuinely surprised