Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
There is no thread to "restart" this ongoing saga, because it's still ongoing and QCS is closed. IMO if mods are unhappy about this issue constantly leaking out over multiple threads in multiple subforums they must reopen QCS with tighter moderation.

Until then, their constant attempts to rein it in will come to nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Sharkopath posted:

It's not my place to air grievances but as part of an ongoing saga I would like to say that in all the rest of this bloodbath a good friend of mine, windmillslayer, a trans poster who was in fact doxxed by kiwifarms very early on in an absolutely disgusting way was hit with a 24 hours probation for, admittedly inelegantly, suggesting that arfjason was a good poster and friend of hers and that it is possible for him to be a better person than someone who was trans.

It seems really unjust and that this whole issue with the forums is becoming more about a small clique of posters crushing minor dissent, even among posters who agree with them ideologically, in a bit of an ironic mirror to what fyad used to do. It's getting to me and it feels like nothing will be resolved anytime soon.

As a random non-trans guy seeing this from the outside, its obvious to me that this is very much not about "a small clique crushing dissent", its about posters facing a constant stream of harassment and mockery and finally deciding to fight back.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Burt Sexual posted:

I apologize for being so aggressive.

The issues are being handled as time allows. Qqcs will reopen and festivus will occur. Just not tomorrow

Naturally. So too will discussion of this issue in various threads across a variety of subforums eventually stop. Just not tomorrow

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Spanish Manlove posted:

good i don't want to be if this is how people act when others try to help them.

If this is how people "try to help" trans posters then these people really need some of that same "help" themselves.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Queen Combat posted:

<thread about sagas>

<current saga about cuntellectual bein' a poo poo pops up, concerns raised because QCS still closed>

<SUDDENLY A DOZEN FYAD POSTERS, posting more in an hour than the last two days, most never in this thread before, miraculously covering up any real concern>

<try to bring up current saga/concern again by mostly trans posters>

<FYAD posters going "nuh uh NEOPETS">

That's the issue. Clear?

This is what it looks like from my perspective as well.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Ruffini posted:

Everyone who is transphobic was banned hth

Strange, because it seems like they're still posting in this thread?

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Ruffini posted:

Sorry you don't understand what banned means on SA

Posters can post while banned? What a far fetched concept! What are these "alt-accounts" you speak of? I am definitely posting in good faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

:thunk: