Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Parallax Scroll posted:

we haven't heard anything more about caro since the russians handed him off to the US, have we?

Brown Moses is waiting for the wikipedia article to be updated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

The_end posted:

Who remembers the thread where some goon found out the reason his internet was lagging was due to his neighbor stealing his cable?
He took matters into his own hand and fashioned a coaxial killer. Which was a cable adapter hooked up to a plug. He used it to zap the bootleg cable line.

didn't the guy's house burn down?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Triggered posted:

What was the goons name who ended up on the front lines on Syria and was doing surgery after watching youtube videos? His posts about the CIA trying to get him all the time really made sense.

He started blogging about it, it got posted in another thread

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

SirPhoebos posted:

What are the deet's of :aatrek:'s outing? Was it in a thread or was it on an irc channel?

it was something sensitive

literally all they did was google his name, his entry in the sex offender registry is the first result

Space Camp fuckup has a new favorite as of 23:00 on Sep 15, 2016

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Spanish Manlove posted:

that's not quite the reason you dingus

Enlighten us

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

quidditch it and quit it posted:

Phoneposting so I hope this works, and it's not ten pages yet, I grossly overestimated, he/she is normal here but rapidly spirals into E/N: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3386441&perpage=40&pagenumber=289

This is uh...:stare:

Hmm

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

This quote is hilarious:

INRI's post right after that is really funny too

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

VanSandman posted:

I remember one fella god FYAD so mad at him they prob'd the poor bastard for months, 6 hours at a time. He'd occasionally get a post in before they re-probed him.

Moridin and it was one of the best things FYAD has ever done

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I like how Kiwifarms is so eager to doxx people that they gently caress it up almost all the time. They tried to doxx ZDR and ended up doxxing the goatse guy instead lol

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Hockey is definitely my favorite saga of the SA forums

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

lol @ everything about Jeb Lund's life

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Higgy posted:

Man it's been while and I'm probably repeating poo poo but:
-SomethingAwful vs. Ebaumsworld for stealing content or some dumb poo poo

Oh I remember that. SA responded by putting increasingly larger and more intrusive watermarks that took up like a quarter of the image.

I called Ebaum a fag over AIM. It was a simpler time.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Does LP communicate through some kind of moon language

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Dumb idea but man, the QCS regulars have some sort of degenerate brain disease

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

what the hell's going on in the "shmorky's ex" thread in gbs? i'm not reading through all that garbage

Lowtax made a thread making fun of her methmouth, lots of people got banned for saying it wasn't a nice thing to do, ZDR got mad and asked to be banned but then deleted his post and he somehow ended up deleting every post he's ever made and crashing the Rube Goldberg machine that the forums run on.

Now things are back to normal I think?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

A Spider Covets posted:

I'm not entirely sure if it was ever all that protected, to be honest; I've been on this site so damned long now (took me a few years to join, even), and I mostly remember goon rushes and "touching the poop" in the early days. Might be some rose-colored glasses effect on how we remember it. Portal of Evil was pretty good at just watching and waiting to my recollection, but that place is long gone now.

Yeah, I remember goons got some kid expelled from his school after he vented about one of his teachers. This was in 2002 or 03

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm pretty sure it was heat exhaustion, which is not something to gently caress around with. Of course, insane walking goon did not know that.

Good thing he never made it to Arizona, where he planned on walking across the entire state in the middle of the Summer when it's 110+ degrees

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

The design is the first thing in the thread. It literally says, “design finalization.” None of the “tweaks” he mentions include, “ship ginormous shirts no one can wear with a picture of me on them.”

I didn’t tattle, but I’m 100% fine with anyone who wants to be a narc in this situation.

Lol, OK, guys. The dude sold a lot of items to a lot of people, then didn’t deliver, but it’s OK because rules lawyering and crying emoticons, and also some people are laughing about it. Enjoy it, I guess. If he now ships the shirts everyone actually paid for, this becomes an epic prank. Otherwise, he’s just a douche who took money from people and didn’t deliver what he promised.

On the other hand it’s really, really funny

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

El_Elegante posted:

“If you’re feeling a sense of dread” could precede a reveal of

-“my roommate made fecal lasagna”
-“my roommate stored a lot of urine in bottles”
-“this room featured a lot of amputated doll heads”

In most of those cases few people would find the subsequent reveal to be all that upsetting. I hope you are not so broke brained that you cannot fathom the difference between the above examples and OPs sudden veering into Croatian horror.

how in the world have you been on this website for 15 years

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Moridin was a spaz who made every thread he posted in worse. Rest In Piss

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Anne Whateley posted:

I thought after that, Lowtax came back and said "oops never mind we're all good"

Lowtax is a very poor judge of character

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I wonder if there are still active threads that don't work right because of when he deleted his entire post history

I still can't believe they tried to play that off as a forums-wide bug that only affected ZDR that happened right when he was mid-meltdown. Unreal lol

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Chinatown + gary oldman’s diary

They just get increasingly argumentative about California burritos

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

r-word guyovich

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Biplane posted:

Permaban Burt imo.

He’s real bad

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Who What Now posted:

Skullmund was just an offsite FYAD.

You’ve been here since 2006 and still don’t understand this website at all lol

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

lol at FAU getting bullied off the site while apologizing the entire time. A perfect ending.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

I'll bring this in because it says the thing about FAU better than I could:

absolutely unhinged lmao

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

KM is poo poo talking the admins now, today rocks

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Ariong posted:

Yeah, it’s weird how we’ve ended up with a solution that she is unhappy with given that she is pulling the strings of this whole website and all the admins dance to her tune.

She will never be happy

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Ariong posted:

Are you one of those people with a weird hangup about KM? They’ve been coming out of the woodwork a lot lately.

I think she's a very bad poster but I don't have anything personal against her, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Pick posted:

What was LSD mods name

HondaRider I think