Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Is there a DR4 thread already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

CharlestonJew posted:

No co-op campaign, there's a co-op mode where you run around the map completing random objectives but that's it
I'm not really that upset about this because co-op campaign just ended up with some 11 year old joining my game and running off in the wrong direction so I couldn't enter a door and then failed everything anyway

DR1 was a total joke though once you knew a couple of spawn points such as the katana by the orange juice place, and which books to bring

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Coolguye posted:

survivors that are planted with a waypoint will defend themselves very competently from zombies with a handgun, unless they're flagged as cowards.

if they're set to follow you they're useless as always but planting them on a waypoint means that they'll fire with abandon at any oncoming deadheads, it owns
In DR1 found out really quickly which weapons worked best for each type of survivor and it was pretty simple to let them defend themselves safely as long as I didn't give them too hairy of a weapon. They seemed to largely shoot other survivors with shotties and some of the less-physically-capable survivors were dangerous to the other survivors with a sword or axe or sledge, but mainly it was "fatties - give then goony weapons like axes and swords, "asians all get katanas," "pistols and assault when in doubt".

I seem to recall sledgehammers occasionally being bad as well, because the survivors would swing and hit other survivors, or break the poo poo that they were hiding behind, or hit me and send me sailing, and I don't recall anybody being particularly useful or safe with a chainsaw or mini chainsaw.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

GenericMartini posted:

yo if you don't accidentally kill one survivor with the sledgehammer you're not playing the game right
Pretty much yeah.

I don't think I ever instant-killed anybody (except maybe once I was level 50 - I recall the ground-pound being especially nasty) but sledgehammers' ability to swing through crowds and hit nearby friendlies was certainly tricky at time.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Good Citizen posted:

DR2 doesn't feel even the slightest bit dated and is still the best game in the series, especially OTR. if you aren't burned out on it or interested In seeing where else it goes that's always the best one to play
I dunno the redneck sniper squad was more annoying than GLASS OF PISS

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Onmi posted:

It also makes you run super fast holding a survivor.
which is half-pointless because you're actually pretty much unstoppable when carrying a survivor anyway - god bless THE BOOT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

SeANMcBAY posted:

What's improved in OTR other than Frank being added?
If you enjoy the story and cutscenes it's pretty neat to get "behind the scenes" frank, and find out all the stuff that Chuck was dealing with but unaware of. If you are just gonna skip all the cutscenes then it's not super great but it's still a good dead rising game.

• Locked thread