Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Fallom posted:

can’t wait for Budweiser to fly the incel flag

these colors don't cum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

an actual dog posted:

I've seen what they're paid and it's way more than I expected lol they can deal

Wait really

I assumed they were unpaid interns, minimum wage slaves desperate to become comedy writers at best. They make real money?

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

im on the net me boys posted:

You really think a multinational corporation is going to leave their online presence in the hands of an unpaid intern

yes?

Why would THIS be the breaking point where a corp starts caring about workers' wellbeing? I figured they'd be drones under the actually paid marketing execs

like this:

Bushiz posted:

The social media supervisors make high five figgies but they're mostly just dictating a brand Bible, the actual posting is handled by people making 30-40k and if a brand engages with you apropos of nothing it's absolutely on of those poor saps and if Tony the Tiger ever replies to you on Twitter you should immediately address the actual human behind the account and start bombarding them with union materials

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Tweet kinda buries some important information there:

The Article posted:

Tenant organizer Michael McKee of TenantsPAC said that he wasn't surprised at Dickens' decision to oppose the rent laws because he considers her an anti-tenant lawmaker.

"She votes for [bills] usually because she has to because of her district, but she makes no secret of her sympathies, and she's not sympathetic to tenant protection laws, and she never will be," McKee said.

The tenant organizer tied Dickens' opposition to the rent laws to her own business interests as a landlord in Harlem. Dickens has been criticized by political opponents in the past for keeping her real estate holdings, which were managed by her sister, in poor condition. In 2014, tenants at one of her Harlem buildings launched a rent strike, the Daily News reported at the time.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

this is the sort of brand activation consumers love to engage with

I hate almost every word in this sentence.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Don't worry, Corporate America is creating REAL equality:

McDonald’s CEO says the chain has ‘probably’ created more Black millionaires than any other corporation

quote:

McDonald’s CEO Chris Kempczinski said Tuesday that the fast-food chain has created more Black millionaires than any other company but that it still has room for improvement when it comes to racial diversity.

“Probably, McDonald’s has created more millionaires within the Black community than probably any other corporation on the planet, but there’s still work to do,” Kempczinski said on CNBC’s “Mad Money with Jim Cramer.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

this has been a thing i've seen a lot of craft breweries participating in. the liquor/craft beer store i go to has several breweries' on it. i got one that was an imperial stout and it was quite good (because stouts are good)

Yeah I got one from Finnback in NYC that's delicious, name is whatev and craft breweries aren't cultural juggernauts on the level of Disney or w/e so it don't really upset me. Well-meaning if a bit silly.

They also made an AOC beer back when she was first elected (they're in her district IIRC) that was good