Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Shear Modulus posted:

i just use an adblocker which seems to also block sponsored tweets

I never see fake tweets on my PC, but on my tablet and phone I've been playing brand whack a mole. I somehow got the idea that Pi-hole could block those (and mobile youtube ads) but it didn't seem to when I had it set up so I gave up on it.

EDIT: Yeah, the more brands you block on twitter the weirder the promoted tweets get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moller
Jan 10, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

the best thing that's ever been said about Kanye was by Bomani Jones, who called him a theater kid. when you accept that theory it all makes sense'

speaking of woke entertainment, what happened at the Golden Globes?

She's running.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

And fans of their previously-awesome film industry.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Mythical Moderate posted:

Now watch restaurants actually adopt this business model.

edit: It's already happened.

http://www.businessinsider.com/papa-johns-customers-can-now-pay-a-fee-to-get-pizza-faster-2017-2

Next up? Tiered drive through lanes.

Is papa john's trying to lean in to the evil capitalist thing?

moller
Jan 10, 2007

the bitcoin of weed posted:

or you woke-fu the men into negotiating lesser salaries for themselves https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/957206744937058304

If I understand the BBC's funding model well enough, this seems to make sense as a protest because the license-holders/tax payers pay your salary. People don't get a discount on their TV bill if (some) presenters get paid less.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

WampaLord posted:

That message made sense for AC 1 when they were covering Muslim poo poo, but it was super out of place in AC 2. Who was going to get mad, Italians?

You do headbutt the pope and knee the pope in the balls until he dies.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Mayo can survive much higher temps for much longer than butter. You probably wouldn't know which was used unless you were told, although it does have a bit of eggy-vinegar tang if you're paying attention. The sprinkles, on the other hand, are ridiculous.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Andorra posted:

Why there an item on a 'woke' menu named after the Six Day War and why is it made with pork?

Al Pastor is shawarma made by Mexicans of Lebanese descent - hence the marinade, vertical spit, etc. Taco of the Pastor/Shepard and all. Although that still doesn't explain it, I think it's cool.

moller has issued a correction as of 11:16 on Jan 31, 2019

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

Just use a ceramic knife

what a good knife!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moller
Jan 10, 2007