Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

get that OUT of my face posted:

i'm not sure whose love of brands is purer: darren rovell's or deray's

deray's co-option of black liberation to shill for #brands is art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

TomViolence posted:

My favourite apocryphal story of tin-eared, context-free wokedom still has to be the time folk were supposedly trying to shut down a freakshow for being offensive and the freaks having to point out that it was one of the few industries where they could earn a wage and the wokes were attacking their livelihood.

small brain: developmentally disabled people need social assistance
big brain: developmentally disabled people must work to live just like everyone else
ascended brain: developmentally disabled people need to participate on the workforce but have to do it in a way that doesn't make us feel guilty for not taking proper care of the vulnerable in society
galactic brain: tax credits for hiring disabled people that pay the business their entire salary x3

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Who is Patrick Klepek

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is anti-voyeurism a new sex pervert thing

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Democrats thinking getting on Twitch is a good idea is entirely within the realm of possibility if Amazon's lobbyists and salespeople convinced them that that's where all the kids are these days and putting their poo poo on it or doing a big ad buy would make them liked among the youth demographic that think they suck.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I know they streamed the DNC and the RNC on Twitch last year.

(the weird thing is that they also hit some absurd number of viewers too, you'd think everyone who wanted to watch it would be watching it on YouTube or something)

the rnc i understand since at that point bannon was calling the shots who knew how important the loyalty of the 4chan demographic was

so the dems probably just followed their natural impulses and copied the republicans on everything

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

sounds to me like the lesson is that private schools are bad

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

im the ron paul "revolution" thing co-mingled with non-lolbertarian things

im also the strange not-quite anarchy symbol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ban all semi automatic and automatic guns from non-military use

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

you know what guns should be illegal? these guns right here (flexes)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ban all guns except that one revolver where if you open the pip boy in the right part of the reload animation you slide across the map really fast

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Crane Fist posted:

Who gives a poo poo though, the guys who wrote it are all dead and can't argue

good thing clarence thomas has a personal psychic link with their ghosts then so we can still ask him

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

you dont need a semi auto for hunting

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Bro Dad posted:

What is the most communist sword: a dao, a sabre, or a machete?

a broken liquor bottle

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ugghh

the reference is that he's a jrpg final boss who starts out in a clown outfit and transforms like five times during the fight and his final form is god

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Hodgepodge posted:

just don't let trump near the three goddess statues which must be kept in careful balance lest the world be cast into ruin

too late he already touched the orb

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i remember when the most common reaction to brands trying to be hip and with it on twitter was scorn. now it's become a sense of relief that a twitter account, run by an unpaid or underpaid intern at the behest of a multibillion dollar corporation, just gets you

i still loving hate it

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I block all official brands that get on my timeline anyway.

i just use an adblocker which seems to also block sponsored tweets

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

oh i dont use twitter on my phone

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

actually the best final fantasy game is super mario rpg followed by 1 for nes

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Blue Train posted:

Chronotrigger

oh yeah this is the best final fantasy game easily

the best part of chrono trigger is how it actually starts in a few minutes and you dont have to spend half an hour before anything interesting happens

also that theres almost no filler content

i replayed it like four years ago and the only part i got bored in was some of the dino time parts

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

im not giving final fantasy 7 credit for starting off good because the first part in the city is false advertising and the rest of the game is slow and boring and samey

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 22:08 on Nov 9, 2017

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it was kind of artistic how the first thing you get introduced to after you leave the city and get to the bad 90% of the game is the loving endless chocobo racing/husbandry bullshit

and yes i grinded to the gold chocobo because i was like 13

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i watched my roommate play parts of the newest one for ps4 and it also seemed like the best part was at the very beginning when the bros are pushing their broken down car down the road and "stand by me" plays and then the rest is basically a single-player mmo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jose posted:

i never played FF7 or 8 or 9 because i had an n64

you didnt miss much

mario 64 is better than all of them combined

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Does rope kid still post on SA

rope kid post in c-spam please

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the bitcoin of weed posted:

FFT is the king killing association as a videogame except you also kill a few popes

also Dycedarg's older brother

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

New Vegas is the best and I still want to play the last two DLCs but I doubt I will be able to import my saves with a handful of poorly-setup mods that I don't remember to a new install.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ScrubLeague posted:

the good numbered single player final fantasy games are 4 6 9 12 and 15 and tactics is better than all of them don't at me

actually 5 is good

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

final fantasy 5 is pure distilled rpg minmaxing with the most bland and forgettable plot and characters ive ever seen (except for that one recurring boss) and its like crack for the reptillian "make the numbers go up" part of your brain

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

all true, but the thing that really gets me about it is that they have a robot character and her arc is 'i want to be a real boy girl' which makes it feel like they've not looked at any fiction like that which tends towards more complexity than pinocchio

video game designers don't read books

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

do any of the jokes hillary's allowed to say involve superpredators

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I've never been able to get back into tactics games ever since one time I rented the SNES Ogre Battle and after a long weekend of slogging through the game, I reached the final climactic battle and my star unit loving defected, causing me to lose horribly.

oh man imagine how unwinnable fft would be if orlandu was the final boss

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

"tired/wired" is a pretty lame attempt to make a forced meme, also this guy's opinion sucks

i've never seen tired/wired used non-sarcastically before

Chillgamesh posted:

whenever i think about FFT and Tactics Ogre I always think how cool it would be to have a sRPG game version of a more recent war

*NVA dude walks onto map blip marked Khe Sanh* FIGHT IT OUT

Ring of Red was kind of this, it was a cold war-era sRPG set in alt-history late 40s Japan where WW2 ends a couple years late because the US never uses nukes, they still win the land war in Japan with the help of the USSR though and now Japan is basically post-WW2 Korea. Also there's mechs instead of tanks because gently caress it

wasnt there that anime ww2 game that was really popular like 10 years ago

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jose posted:

capcom need to stop being a poo poo company and make dragons dogma 2

:yeah:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the mexican ruling class basically tries their hardest to be white americans

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i found the context for this shill tweet: this guy wrote for Star Wars Battlefront II, and:

reddit and gamers going apoplectic about star wars loot boxes is a perfect opportunity for the dsa gamer caucus to make some inroads at convincing gamers that capitalism is whats wrong with games not women

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 18:37 on Nov 14, 2017

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

my favorite thing about this dumb thing is the underlying assertion that liking dbz is a whites-only affair

much like rock and roll, animation was invented by white people

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

quick lets get on this and start a doll line for maga chuds where the dolls are all white housewives but also have ar-15s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

did the internet ever get any traction of getting danny devito to voice pikachu