Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

a idiot said more dumb things.

ah, im dying of an easily preventable illness while working 3 part time jobs, and my kids' school cant afford textbooks or computers or garbage disposal or to hire teachers worth a poo poo, but at least pepsico's ceo is a woman of color

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

planes love darth vader??

Tatum Girlparts posted:

this is an awesome avenue for the 'laugh at people who think buying cereal makes them woke revolutionaries' thread to go down!

idk when I was teaching sociology I'd usually just say "blacks" "whites" "latinos" etc. I strongly dislike the term poc because it implies that there are two groups "White" and "Nonwhite" with no intragroup conflict. it's just a really eurocentric way of looking at things.

sorry for making GBS threads up this thred!!

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I would think honest to god nazis would have an agenda beyond "i think hillary clinton hosed a kid but no one else does! :saddowns:"

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i hope this is ironyposting because an actual suggestion would be "a crowbar" or "a metal baseball bat"

Somehow I don't see this button pinned to the shirt of an antifa running buck wild with a fire axe, but instead some goddamn loser's messenger bag who will stare at his feet when he hears some redneck ranting about Obama

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

OTHER BAD-

rear end LADIES

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Peanut President posted:

Also hitler was a loving dweeb and if he was the same age now as he was when he took over he'd post in ADTRW.

What a kinder place this world would be if someone had just introduced young Hitler to manga.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

fake news, alcohol is top left as gently caress

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Lastgirl posted:

i will die on bingewatch hill

Brandwar is the New Black

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

jesus christ, i read it. what the gently caress is this poo poo. these people are fundimentaly broken. also she looks very much like my Gf mother, its creepy

her before "coming out of the closet"

after

I was holding a can and this post made me crush it

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

im going to be pointlessly pedantic here: what are they all looking at. they're all in different rooms. PAY ATTENTION TO THE GAME IDIOTS

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

im the sport man who COULD save los angeles or seattle from an icbm by intercepting it with a well-aimed football throw, but chose not to out of hatred for Are Troops

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

Brianna also said we need to respect cops more

so actually she’s the Nazi

nothing more respectful than a mercy killing imo

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

ff7 loving owns for about a billion reasons but people think it sucks because they remember kingdom hearts and advent children more strongly

thread-relevant reason #1: you're literally a band of anti-corporate eco terrorists the whole game through.

Chillgamesh has issued a correction as of 23:49 on Nov 9, 2017

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Pity that each pissant fight took like 5 minutes to load

thats ff9 (which also owns)

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

also the FMVs and cutscenes were completely superfluous and actually detracted from game play. And of course the dialog was super bad.

wat

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

steinrokkan posted:

final fantasy is garbage for dorks

same for metal gear and all jrpgs

fair but also all video games

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

i turned curie into an android in fo4 then had sex with her then found out all the androids were based off my son's biology meaning i hosed my robot granddaughter

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

new vegas is really good and it's sad that obsidian didn't get to fully develop everything as much as they wanted

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

ScrubLeague posted:

Barrett's only personality trait is that he swears

he's a conflicted dad who wants to raise his adopted daughter but also wants to smash the god corporation

ScrubLeague posted:

5 is only good if your MC is named butz instead of bartz

Butz was born in the town of Lix. You go there towards the middle of the game

Also FF5 owns and Battle on the Big Bridge is my posting theme song.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

the bitcoin of weed posted:

one of the more interesting implications that was lost in the bad translation was that sephiroth was dead by the time the actual game started and every time you see him in the present-time it's basically just jenova bits wiggling around in his shape to mess with you

The writers have said that isn't the case unfortunately, I think it's closer to "there is no meaningful distinction between Jenova and Sephiroth, they are one entity by the time the game happens"

I think Sephiroth gets kind of a bad rap too, people think of him as some edgelord, but really he was torn away from his mother as an infant and raised as a child soldier by Anime Mengele. Him snapping and turning serial killer wasn't exactly unrealistic even setting aside Jenova.

Another Woke Moment in FF7: Gay dating your big black buddy Barret

Chillgamesh has issued a correction as of 20:28 on Nov 10, 2017

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

the bitcoin of weed posted:

also having a hot tub gangbang with a dozen gay bodybuilders

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Crane Fist posted:

Bear trap fist works off your unarmed and who plays a fallout game and goes "insanely cool future guns and rippers and poo poo? No thanks, I am going to punch people with my boring puny hands"

unarmed is actually insanely op in NV even if you put 0 points in it and have noodle arm STR

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Crane Fist posted:

One guys bodyguard is an Olympic boxer and when you try to kill his boss you can either have a badass karate fight with him or you can just gun down this unarmed man and be all 'haha bad luck idiot'

there's a boss who is high as gently caress on coke 100% of the time and if you fight him normally he's an unstoppable fiend but you can buy and supply spiked cocaine beforehand and gently caress him up, IF you made the right friend :grin:

also the game has an "orphans created" stat it puts in your stats menu that goes up every time you kill somebody, the number goes up different amounts depending if you killed a guy in a developing country (more orphans) or a high-income one (less orphans)

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Plutonis posted:

Tactics Ogre is so loving cool and I guess it's woke since it's pretty much the Yugo wars on fantasy gameland

whenever i think about FFT and Tactics Ogre I always think how cool it would be to have a sRPG game version of a more recent war

*NVA dude walks onto map blip marked Khe Sanh* FIGHT IT OUT

Ring of Red was kind of this, it was a cold war-era sRPG set in alt-history late 40s Japan where WW2 ends a couple years late because the US never uses nukes, they still win the land war in Japan with the help of the USSR though and now Japan is basically post-WW2 Korea. Also there's mechs instead of tanks because gently caress it

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Pharohman777 posted:

So racism means a poor white guy is more privileged than a rich black guy. I'm sure that privilege is comforting to the poor.

The original argument was that a lot of people, not just wealthy cishet Christian whites, were blind to institutional oppression, and this is how we ended up with TErmup in the White House. You're turning it into a WHAT ABOUT THE WHITES argument. Intersectionality includes class and acknowledges poverty as an absolute crushing injustice, but you sticking your neck out to remind everyone that not all whites are rich is a red flag that you're full of poo poo.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

why is chelsea still getting board sinecures when bribing her family is now a waste of money instead of a rational investment like it was pre-2016

super sweet best pal posted:

I think she's being groomed to be the new Abuela when her mother gets too old to run.

Probably some kind of give-a-nepotism, take-a-nepotism, they'll give her a free ride on the condition she gives a free ride to future failsons

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Peanut President posted:

Also America won the Civil War, for a real answer

Looking at the state of the south 1865-Present, I’m gonna call a solid asterisk on this one

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Peanut President posted:

hmm yes the rich whites were put back in power and the poor were made poorer, that was truly a mistake by our benevolent yankee overlords

Touché

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Some Guy TT posted:

i think a legit argument can be made that a lot of incels are really just asexuals who have gone insane from constantly being shat on because they dont get sex like they dont want sex because they think its something theyd enjoy doing they just want people to stop making GBS threads on them

I think there are a few incels that are confused about their sexual identity (see: gb-sized photo galleries of handsome men in various states of undress saved to their hard drive for the purposes of "studying the features of a Chad") but it's first and foremost about hating women

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

being pressured into sex is bad and if just not liking sex in general is part of your identity you will face a lot of undue stress from society for sure

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

lmao people’s brains have truly broken they think woke apartheid is the answer

O GREAT EBONY GODS, I, A LOWLY WHITE, OF FEEBLE MIND AND BODY, PROSTRATE MYSELF BEFORE YOU, THAT I MIGHT PARTAKE OF YOUR ANCIENT TRIBAL KNOWLEDGE

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Just lmao at the concept of Neuralnet Hamiltoning a bunch of 1800s literature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

withak posted:

We have "greenwashing," what is the equivalent term for trying to make it look like your brand is super-into equality?

Pinkwashing might specifically only refer to Komen Foundation style """"""feminist""""" grifting but I think it might also be a blanket term