Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Other then their dumb anti-gun stance, the ACLU are a great organization. Unfortunately they defend the fash, so I guess they need to be bashed :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

call to action posted:

As long as you realize that a "first amendment above all" organization will never support "bash the fash", give away!

They do more stuff then defend speech, they are also big 5th amendment and due process advocates one of the only organizations i know of that do so.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

quote:

Information Doesn't Want To Be Free - Audiobook
Cory Doctorow,
Neil Gaiman,
Amanda Palmer,
read by Wil Wheaton

Is this as cringe inducing as I imagine it is, or worse?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

the gently caress?

Also who is this guy and why is he a "thing"

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

scuba school sucks posted:

Holy poo poo. Too bad this post is too long for a topic title.

quote:

Out of the chaos, they will fav and retweet,

Good summary imo.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I wish there were more smart people in the arts.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

RedneckwithGuns posted:

All the engineers (and coincidentally chemists?) I've ever known have been the biggest conspiracy theory InfoWars dipshits, so agreed

Get better friends.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

MizPiz posted:

But the who would women owe they're success to? You think they're going to accept making less than men if they didn't know feminism was successful thanks to GE?

Women and men in the same field make the same money.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

a black dr who would be cool because it would make a lot of people really mad

So does Trump, but I don't think that's very cool at all!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I think they need to remake "Black Dynamite" with Bernie Sanders.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Darkman Fanpage posted:

im sure the cast of la la land made up with the cast of moonlight at their hollywood satantic cult orgy after party.

Yea those parties are pretty great, pity about the pedophilia.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Hell yea, let's get The Raft going. Snow Crash is the best dystopic cyber-punk future we can hope for.

ate shit on live tv has issued a correction as of 22:27 on Mar 1, 2017

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

get that OUT of my face posted:

lol if you don't get the same visceral reaction from reading the words "San Francisco" as Jerry Falwell once did

in TV news, male stars of bad show Big Bang Theory take a pay cut for the female stars to get raises. honestly a good thing to do, too bad the show sucks

Would it have been possible to bring the female stars up to the same level as the male stars?
NO! Says the capitalist.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Dreddout posted:

I don't think you have to be gay to want to gently caress Gaston

I'm incredibly heterosexual and I want to gently caress Gaston

No one Fucks like Gaston
No one Cucks like Gaston
No one's Dick is incredibly thick as Gaston's....
For there's no man in town half as manly
Perfect, a pure paragon!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

:lol:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Keep Austin Weird, but not "too" weird. Wouldn't want to offend anyoneOur Sponsors.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

paul_soccer10 posted:

pokemon go is not zero sum anyway so if it werent obvious enough that whole situation was made up

Oh? So if a rare pokemon spawns everyone who shows up in that time window will get a chance to catch it?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yes. Otherwise there would've been violence

MizPiz posted:

That's why Pokemon Go meetups were/are(?) a thing.

I mean it makes sense because of those things, but I wasn't really sure.

Because I never played it

because I'm not a child

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Dreddout posted:

They should just remove the delete button from Twitter.

No take backs, bitch

:agreed:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

this owns.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Peanut President posted:

Why not just a red X and a green O?

Why do you want to erase women?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

quote:

We asked McNally why State Street decided to push companies on boardroom diversity rather than, say, maternity leave or living wage policies, which might have a more direct effect on a larger number of women. "We think that boards have an important role to play in driving better outcomes for investors

Nice.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Darkman Fanpage posted:

its white people. white people are most oppressed.

It's actually the proletariat.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

fits my needs posted:

Is it considered #woke to use TaskRabbit to hire some dude to take a few Amazon cardboard boxes down a couple of flight of stairs in SF?

Lol

Subjunctive posted:

You need to get over your crush on me, pal. It's just not going to happen for us.

:lol:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Prav posted:

learning that almost all movie stars are shorter than me made life just a little bit better

Lol if your height affects your social or dating life in anyway what so ever.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I'm short, successful, have a beautiful wife and was very prolific in the dating world before I settled down.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

My dick is this big: 8================================D~

My dick is within one standard deviation of the mean.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Lumpy the Cook posted:

No one said anything about you...? You seem kind of insecure.

I'm trying to inspire lumpy people like you! You can do it friend.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Dreddout posted:

I say the same thing to myself in the mirror every morning, too.

Rather than use it as a mantra, make it a reality, like I did!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Munchables posted:

You made yourself short? Why would you do that?

That was a coin flip.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Wheeee posted:

If you can't get women due to your height, it's got nothing to actually do with your height.

Unless you're like, Mini Me size.

Wisdom. But even Verne Troyer has done well all things considered.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

The Kingfish posted:

There is nothing stupider than someone who thinks they are immune to advertising.

I am because I often see zero ads per day. Just lol if you don't ad-block.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

an actual dog posted:

this guy never goes outside

It's been cold as gently caress so v:shobon:v

Financial Literacy is important. But it's also broad, and diversifying your portfolio is hardly the most important aspect of doing that.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
There was a news story about a postal worker who would give 50/week to a US debt office to help pay down the national debt. He'd been doing it for numerous years. Financial Literacy would be about informing him that the Federal Government Budget isn't comparable to his personal house hold budget, and he would be served better just putting that money into a savings account or T-Bills, if he ostensibly wants to help the national-debt.

I'm sure Morgan Stanley would gladly advise him about all his options.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
"luxury" brands are for basic bitches.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
It's so cringeworthy.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Vox Nihili posted:

DC "Distiller" Names Whiskey After Hillary Clinton

It's called Rodham Rye.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2017/03/22/dc-distiller-names-whiskey-after-hillary-clinton/

The whiskey itself is a blend of sourced one-year-old rye and three-and-a-half-year-old rye from Tennessee. (Tagline: “a selection of whiskies that are stronger together than apart.”) Carusone also points out that of all of the grains used to make whiskey, rye is the hardiest, sturdiest, most resilient of them all. (Do you sense a metaphor?) The result is a spirit with pink peppercorn spiciness, vanilla bean and kettle corn sweetness, and subtle cinnamon notes.

The distillers cut the whiskey to bottle strength using Adirondack Mountain spring water from a maple syrup farm in upstate new York that has been in Gardner’s family for generations. Another Clinton tie: “Senator from New York, she’s done a ton for conservation,” Carusone says.

Rodham Rye will launch on March 25 with a “community conversation” at the Ivy City distillery entitled “How to Support Women in the Age of Trump.” After a panel discussion, Republic Restoratives will lead tours and offer samples and cocktails, while female-owned vendors will provide food.

Five percent of proceeds from the $79 bottles will go to EMILY’s List, an organization that helps pro-choice Democratic women running for office. The limited release consists of 4,652 bottles, but Carusone says there’s a possibility they could make another batch.

“You never know, there could be a comeback.”

jfc.

Also assuming a 50% markup on the whiskey, and that all the bottles sell, that is just shy of $10k donated, top-notch.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

withak posted:

It's way easier to just turn off the lights for an hour.

It's even easier to "like" the event where you turn off the lights for an hour, but have no intention of altering your schedule or life in any way.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Climate change isn't an individual problem, it's a problem that requires government intervention. Sure you can help a bit, but it is not up to the individual to "fix it." It's up to the government to force businesses/communites to enact policy that will fix it. The individuals must merely adapt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Missed opportunities for a seplling mitsake.