Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Blue Train posted:

Just cancel the drat show it should have died years ago

Also:

https://www.npr.org/sections/monkeysee/2018/04/09/600794630/the-simpsons-to-the-problem-with-apu-drop-dead posted:

After Marge asks what she's supposed to do, Lisa — Lisa! — looks directly at the camera. "It's hard to say," she says. "Something that started decades ago and was applauded and inoffensive is now politically incorrect. What can you do?" And she looks at a framed photo next to her bed of Apu, which is signed, "Don't have a cow. Apu." Marge puts a hand on her shoulder. "Some things will be dealt with at a later date." "If at all," Lisa responds. Both look blankly at the audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Unfunny Poster posted:

Idk how any of what has been quoted is bad or wrong. Can someone explain it to me?

Starting at the beginning part when someone said they read the comments of that blog.

the article itself isn't really that bad imo. it does come off as saying that's it's a great day for all people of color because one of them is now in the royal family but that is probably me reading too much into it

the first comment posted is more offensive because it's dismisive of bi-racial people not raised the "right" way, as if there is only one proper way to be black

also, I have a deep seated disgust with the idea of royalty. seeing people so enamored with the extravagant marriages of parasites who live ofd the labor of the global working class is a bit disheartening

I am a white man though so maybe I'm talking out my rear end. feel free to correct me

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Unfunny Poster posted:

If I wanted to play a minority character in say, GTA. Do I need permission to do so? If so who do I ask? I'm so confused by this new development of asking for permission to play a character in a game from total strangers online.

yes, just ask the next black person you see if you have their permission. ensure you thank them properly by doing the power fist and saying "wakanda is real, brother/sister". you have to do this EVERYTIME you switch over to franklin though.

i made a list of every minority ive ever met with their phone numbers, addresses, and social media accounts for this exact reason.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Bruceski posted:

Finding new rooms in your house is one of the classic "seems strange and unique but everyone has them" dreams, like teeth falling out or driving but it moves like you're on ice.

what about the one where your mother's corpse is blaming you for her death? that's not just me, right?

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
https://www.newsweek.com/washington-metro-rejects-okcupid-political-ads-1046644

DTFor twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values...

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Paladinus posted:

I have some bad news for you. This website you're posting on right now? It's made of capitalism and oppression.

lowtax living fat off the surplus value of the postetariat

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

there has to be some point to this that im not understanding. is it an attempt to "raise awareness" of something?

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

i cant wait for this tactic to spread. what better way to get people to #engage with my #brand than by threatening and harassing them

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

new orleans area says p'cawn but everywhere else in the Deep South says pee-can so i thinks it's the french influence, just a weird factoid

ive always heard it pronounced p'cawn in texas. my family in tennessee pronounces it the same way too

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Shima Honnou posted:

Do you remember the episode where George doesn't have sex for a week and becomes hyper-smart to the point he learns Portuguese and loses it all banging the Portuguese lady?

They think no fap works the same way.

i knew a dude in basic training that honestly thought he would live to 200 as long as he never came. he also spent 2 months in medical because he sunburned his eyes by staring at the sun

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

got any sevens posted:

leilajanah
Can’t believe it’s almost time for #BlackFriday and holiday shopping. 😬This time of year tires me out (do we really need more stuff??) but it also inspires me, because every dollar spent on impact sourced goods helps fight poverty. You can use your dollars to #givework this holiday season and help people access jobs, not handouts. The ethical shopping guides I like most are made by @fairtradecertified and @socentalliance — but there are a world of options! Look for items certified #fairtrade OR with a clear social and environmental impact statement. (Our #Nilotica gift set contains two products made with fair trade and organic-certified ingredients and supports fair wages in East Africa...while looking luxe!) 📷 @laurelcreative

https://mobile.twitter.com/leila_c/status/1058498033518821381
this lady owns sweatshops for fancy makeup and tech bullshit

holy poo poo i wish someone would #givework to useless parasites like her

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
shes literally this comic

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
its weird how extensively infantalized millennials are. millennial is basically a synonym for teenager now. people still say stuff like "when your generation joins the workforce..." even though the youngest millennials are at least 22.

i really wonder why this is. is it because were unable to attain any of the traditional signifiers of adulthood like homeownership? is it a result of marketing towards millennials not changing since we were teens?

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Does this poo poo actually translate to increased sales? Who the gently caress is going to buy sunny d because "they're depressed just like me"

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

General Dog posted:

You're talking about Sunny D right now, and now I'm thinking about Sunny D. They accomplished what they set out to do.

True, but how does that translate to more sales? I'm not going to buy their orange flavored chalk water just because I remember they exist.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

You could probably start a product line that way, cram a productless brand into existence through social media and paying the right people enough money, then license it out to some actual thing later on. Similar to how Trader Joe's operates but without the store, just a gravity well of BRAND strong enough to pull actual commerce into its orbit.

I don't really think this would succeed but there are certainly investors who think it would.

It's probably happened already.

This is pretty much what influencers do

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vudnMLzZjTg

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I can't imagine being so broken that I enjoyed engaging with brands on Twitter. When steak-umms pretended to be a depressed millennial a lot of people were replying with poo poo like "thanks, I needed to hear this today". I have been homeless and desperate before but if I ever start looking to brands for hope I will absolutely blow my brains out.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Can't wait til a brand kills themselves and it turns into a moment about mental health awareness.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
"This women's day we're sending you back to the kitchen with these great deals on cooking appliances."

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I hate women so much that I became one to better know my enemy

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

having a hard time with this one

It's a whole lot of words to say that writers use stereotypes instead of creating actual characters with any depth because it's easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

dirty lousy tramp posted:

the article about the iraq war where one guy is earnestly talking about what a disaster it'll be while the other guy just says something like "hahaha no it won't" is a masterpiece

This War Will Destabilize The Entire Mideast Region And Set Off A Global Shockwave Of Anti-Americanism vs. No It Won’t

It really is an eternally relevant article