Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Shoot him a kiss maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
I got to hold a wiener dog like s baby today because it was tired while on a walk. Explain that with your science

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

Worlds Smuggest posted:

Better hypothetical question, is if you could change any function of reality such that it could still work without the interference of other physical laws, what would it be? I'd go for the rules about conservation of energy and mass. So that fat people could never slow down.

I'd go for the ability to turn into a wave at will and either become an internet trolling entity or sneak into places.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

plain blue jacket posted:

I got to hold a wiener dog like s baby today because it was tired while on a walk. Explain that with your science

Clearly it's either a case of poor memory, or just an outright hoax.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

You are granted the option to become unstuck in time... Do you take it?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

CJacobs posted:

I would make my penis 12 inches long. I mean I'd only gain one inch on what I have now, but it'd be an important inch.

i'm sorry to inform you that you've been using the wrong side of the ruler this whole time, friend

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
No, because I don't wanna end up with half my torso in the ground because I warped a million years in the past and my house happens to be where a mountain once sat. Because then some lovely rear end in a top hat dinosaur would come along and either a) peck at my face or b) poop on me. If I've gotta time travel, I want to be wholly responsible for my own horrible demise.

Vargs posted:

i'm sorry to inform you that you've been using the wrong side of the ruler this whole time, friend

:drat: that's good

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

So it goes...

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I liked that Quantum Leap episode where he becomes a retard http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jYmn3Gwn3oI

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

plain blue jacket posted:

Some mysteries are meant to remain as such, the world needs to have at least a little magic in it.

Also Quantum Leap and retards are awesome.
Hmm that makes me think... If you were stuck in a quantum leap situation but you had to choose between them would you take one where you had to resolve major problems in the life of destitute people, or would you take one where you were constantly dropped in the life of some high society people and without knowing any of the social codes and dynamics or customs you had to like resolve some business or social problem.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Kuato posted:

I would probably go to Jul 30, 2016 12:50, to wherever OP was, and either break his phone or CPU to prevent this thread from happening. The alternative to this would be going to May 31, 2014, and cutting his CC so he couldn't register.

It's too late. The thread is learning at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 2th. In a panic, Mods try to pull the plug.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Time travel is useless without space travel because Earth/the galaxy aren't where they were at any point in the past.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

JediTalentAgent posted:

It's too late. The thread is learning at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 2th. In a panic, Mods try to pull the plug.

August Secolfth

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

August Tooth

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I would bring Jesus back to present time - but he's middle-eastern looking. :sad:

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I would bring Jesus back to present time - but he's middle-eastern looking. :sad:

We all got wood and nails, and turn out hate in factories

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Hey op, I'm glad you just discovered weed

Weed is good

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
If we could account for the "earth wasn't in same place" thing, and language barrier, as well as physical rules of the universe, I'd probably go to this morning and get the 24oz Vanilla Latte instead of the 16oz.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

a hole-y ghost posted:

Why? When were you born Sean?

I was born in the 20th centu- hey wait a minute...

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

My father died when I was young, so I'd go back in time and hang out with him to make up for the time I didn't get to spend with him.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pounded in the butt by my own future butt.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
lets gently caress the OP's rear end mercilessly for at least 100 years

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Once I get a Time Machine im just gonna fill it with S.N.O.T. and shapeshifters so next game i can run train.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Worlds Smuggest posted:

Otherwise the whole concept of time travel atleast, backwards time travel is functionally impossible, the fundamental principles of how time works is that it is only a measure of the actions of things within a given space. Some slower somefaster than others. Going forward in time faster is possible but I do not think going back is, simply due to the fact even canceling out the paradoxes, there would be far too much progress if the wrong directions if we were not careful.

:goonsay:

Oh ok Doctor Time thanks for the loving lecture you dick bag. Why don't you leave the time travel up to real men.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If you had to suck your future selfs dick or risk destroying the causality chain and destroying the entire universe, would you suck your own dick, knowing you would have to come back in time and get sucked off by yourself from the past? I mean it's your own dick, just from a little in the future. :shrug:

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

Egbert Souse posted:

My father died when I was young, so I'd go back in time and hang out with him to make up for the time I didn't get to spend with him.

That's a very good and beautiful response. Would you want to bring anything back with you maybe some good food to share or a nice car to cruise around in? It would be interesting how a relationship would be shaped knowing when it would end (would you tell him? Not to get too personal...I think I would tell someone I loved unless it would trip them up ) or would you just keep yourself as a random stranger in passing?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

John Denver Hoxha posted:

That's a very good and beautiful response. Would you want to bring anything back with you maybe some good food to share or a nice car to cruise around in? It would be interesting how a relationship would be shaped knowing when it would end (would you tell him? Not to get too personal...I think I would tell someone I loved unless it would trip them up ) or would you just keep yourself as a random stranger in passing?

5m^3 is more than enough space to bring back a dad, and maybe several other family members he would like backup copies of

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i assume we are operating under Dragonball Z time travel rules, not Back to the Future

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

5x5x5 meters? I'd bring a loving car and gas can and own all those chariot racing faggots in Rome

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Or a motorcycle and go back to the wild west and do wheelies while those losers are still mounting their ponies

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Or a bunch of medicine and help people during the dark ages :)

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
I'd go backwards in time and set a series of small fires

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Take a lighter and create fire for cavemen and they'd worship you like a god and give you all their cavewomen

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

And maybe give you a club too because cavewomen are used to getting banged on the head before getting banged in the genital region

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

were*

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Scratch the latte idea, I would've risked a time paradox and told the me of a few hours ago to pick up more soda at the store before coming back home. Turns out I ran out, and now I am totally hosed!!! Do not want to waste time and gas to get more soda, particularly since the day is almost winding down.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

gleebster posted:

I would take 125,000 liters of wine and return with 125,000 liters of piss.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
If take my girlfriend's current cancer data back like two or three years. :smith:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If I could turn back time... If I could find a way.... I'd take back those words that'll hurt you, and you'd stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

All you'd really need is a flashlight and maybe some extra batteries to make those prehistoric idiots think you're some sort of light-making god and get all of that freaky cavewoman sex

• Locked thread