Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The thing is, have you ever heard of a person claiming to be a time traveler that wasn't immediately locked up in the loony bin? If you do go back in time, you can't tell anybody where/when you are actually from because they won't believe you. Even if you bring a smartphone or something, it will be taken away from you and destroyed and you'll be locked up forever. Even if you go back to like, 2010 or something. And what fun can you really have if people won't accept you as their god??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Worlds Smuggest posted:

Better hypothetical question, is if you could change any function of reality such that it could still work without the interference of other physical laws, what would it be? I'd go for the rules about conservation of energy and mass. So that fat people could never slow down.

I would make my penis 12 inches long. I mean I'd only gain one inch on what I have now, but it'd be an important inch.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
No, because I don't wanna end up with half my torso in the ground because I warped a million years in the past and my house happens to be where a mountain once sat. Because then some lovely rear end in a top hat dinosaur would come along and either a) peck at my face or b) poop on me. If I've gotta time travel, I want to be wholly responsible for my own horrible demise.

Vargs posted:

i'm sorry to inform you that you've been using the wrong side of the ruler this whole time, friend

:drat: that's good

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

JediTalentAgent posted:

It's too late. The thread is learning at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 2th. In a panic, Mods try to pull the plug.

August Secolfth

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If I could turn back time... If I could find a way.... I'd take back those words that'll hurt you, and you'd stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Endbringer posted:

One day in the future this post will be on permanent display in a museum and the curator will encourage school children to laugh at it as they sip their immortality juice and ask what penicillin was.

He meant "so far", smartass

• Locked thread