Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

CommieGIR posted:

He made it up, apparently they got into a fight with the store owner because the Olympian broke the door, and the store owner wanted them to pay for it.

A really lovely thing to do, but really in the grand scheme of Rio de Janeiro crime, it's like jaywalking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

A really lovely thing to do, but really in the grand scheme of Rio de Janeiro crime, it's like jaywalking.

Man I thought it was a Rio hello

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Man I thought it was a Rio hello

Kicking down a door and pissing on the store is just how you show your appreciation for their hard work

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
https://twitter.com/XLNB/status/764942813310050304

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Huh Ryan Lochte is a piece of poo poo! Who knew?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Shockingly common among athletes for some reason.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

He has frosted hair that says "I'm a douchebag", this is no surprise.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
He probably also lied about dying his hair green.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Dance of the Skeleton Ladies right there

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

is this an olympic sport

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Reverand maynard posted:

is this an olympic sport

yes

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Reverand maynard posted:

is this an olympic sport

They're about to dive in a pool and start doing that poo poo while swimming.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
And what is it?

I mean, they get in the water at some point and do some artistic synchronized stuff, right?

Right?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Duzzy Funlop posted:

And what is it?

I mean, they get in the water at some point and do some artistic synchronized stuff, right?

Right?

That's literally their warmup and per-competition flourish. They all do some dramatic intro like that, get introduced, then dive in the water and do their act. I watched a bunch of it a few days ago while really toasted at 4 in the morning. The japanese team that medaled was loving incredible.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two swimmers banned from closing ceremonies, swimmers now have 2 AM curfew to return to olympic village.

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20996464_21025414,00.html

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Two swimmers banned from closing ceremonies, swimmers now have 2 AM curfew to return to olympic village.

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20996464_21025414,00.html

I didn't know Olympians and Enlisted were such close cousins

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

The gently caress-buddies are probably WAY better looking, at least.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Zeris posted:

Exactly what I thought.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Woman I work with's kid trains at the same place as most of those swimmers in Bethesda, at least the kids in their early 20s. She confirmed to me that they're all incredible douchebags and that going to the Olympics is just going to make them worse.

That's still enlisted as gently caress though.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Zeris posted:

Young people who spend most of their time being called heroes for no good reason and doing PT. Pretty much the same, really.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
it must be so bad rear end being good at a sport that no one gives a flying gently caress about outside of the olympics every four years

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Also unlike being a veteran, once your body is broken society doesn't even care enough to throw you a bone a la post-9/11 and VA funbux

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Ever since I got into being active i always wanted to go to the olympics.

But mainly because I just wanted to have massive amounts of sex with other athletes

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

MurderBot posted:

But mainly because I just wanted to have massive amounts of sex with other athletes

Same...do ballboys and lifeguards get access to the olympic village?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

i wish.

The modern penathlon seems pretty easy to get into. I can run the ~5:40 minute miles required, and I can shave 10 seconds off my 200M swim time. I'd really just have to learn how to ride horses and fortunately my wife is a pro english equestrian competitor.

Oh and fencing, but how hard can that stupid poo poo be?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i saw a bunch of women throwing a ball at a net while in a pool today. thats probably something pretty easy to get into

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I remember watching the Beijing Olympics and they were talking about one of the women on the US archery team. She'd only been involved with archery for 4 years.

Granted she probably did nothing BUT archery for 4 years, but that's still a possibility.

Whether or not being in the Olympics for archery is good enough to get you into bed with, like, a swimmer or something is another story.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I'm pretty sure the military supplies a lot of athletes for the shooting competition, and I think there's probably a couple of sports out there that with enough dedication it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to have some chance of getting in if you weren't blessed with some god-like genetics.

I guess we could talk about the winter olympics but i don't think people really consider the winter olympics to actually be a "thing"

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

can you compete in olympic shooting while in the military?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'd probably try for winter olympics tbh, luge seems pretty "easy" other than spending the money to train or whatever.

maybe you could do street luge to practice in the Van's Xtreme Mtn Dew MTV Summer Jam

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I knew a noble who skied for the Army during the Winter Olympics. Apparently the Army has a ski team.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Reverand maynard posted:

Yes.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Reverand maynard posted:

Yes.

I think the marines sent a wrestler, the army sent a few shooters and I think a race walker.

fake edit: yep

https://www.armytimes.com/story/sports/2016/02/22/staff-sergeant-qualifies-rio-olympics-race-walk/80747436/

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Aug 20, 2016

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MurderBot posted:

When I was in the Australian Army Reserve we provided security (we checked passes and mirrored the bottom of cars etc) for the Sydney Olympics. It was an absolute fuckfest in the best way possible. Who knew that tourists in their early 20s would want to get busy on the other side of the planet with no consequences or attachments in a city that turns into a two-week party.

That being said, a dude in another company ended up marrying a Spanish chick he met there, which is pretty cool.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Pole vaulter too

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Quote not edit

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MurderBot posted:

Yes.

I think the marines sent a wrestler, the army sent a few shooters and I think a race walker.

fake edit: yep

https://www.armytimes.com/story/sports/2016/02/22/staff-sergeant-qualifies-rio-olympics-race-walk/80747436/

race walking aka walk around with a stick up your rear end

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Syrian Lannister posted:

Pole vaulter too

I've got too much dick, sadly :smith:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

so basically you have to be on permanent profile to go to the olympics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU