Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Space Fish posted:

Libraries across America have been putting on miniature "cons" the past few years, with admins at other libraries all leaning over their younger staff and asking, "So how about those conventions, huh? What if our library had one?" The result is usually a day-long mixture of cosplay contest, artist/vendor alley, some local talent, a woefully misplaced local author or two ("Why don't these pop culture nerds want to read my book? Historical fiction is its own form of cosplay!"), a make-your-own-comics lesson for the kiddies, and if they're lucky, a big name that draws an attentive crowd.

Oh my god a local library in my city did one of these, I didn't even know it happened until I saw it on the news that night. Judging by the report all they had was some artists I've never ever heard of and some of the saddest Batmen I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever felt a stronger sense of second-hand embarrassment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Xinder posted:

So I was in Target the other night walking through the toy aisle when I saw their selection of Marvel toys.

I guess they decided to only start selling toys to the most hardcore lore-knowing kids.

Man I actually like the Inhumans and even I don't give a poo poo about loving Triton. They really are banking on hardcore fans I guess.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

So I was going to make another old comic post in the funny panels thread because I was reading CRIME DOES NOT PAY and came across some funny stuff:

...I've been staring in awe of this picture for like 5 whole minutes. It's beautiful. I think it's the funniest thing I've ever seen The man shoving a woman's head into a fire, a crime ghost looking on, "Legs" Diamond, poo poo just the giant CRIME DOES NOT PAY title. Every time I look at it there's something to make me smile. ...is this what joy feels like?

• Locked thread