Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Now Corey Lewandowski is on CNN claiming that 'the Khans' son wouldn't have died had Trump been president at that time'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

FlamingLiberal posted:

Now Corey Lewandowski is on CNN claiming that 'the Khans' son wouldn't have died had Trump been president at that time'.

Jesus :psyduck:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

computer parts posted:

Yeah, that's how most religious people operate.

Increasingly that's how atheists are defining themselves too.

Oh yeah, I wasn't really trying to drop exciting new truths, more saying it's just something to remember.

I wonder what percentage of evangelicals aren't really cognizant of the fact that poor African-Americans are pretty religious, simply because they mentally model them as "other" and they themselves are religious.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Kasich is doomed once he doesn't have a literally insane person to be compared to. The working class on both sides of the aisle pretty much hated him before this whole Trump thing, and once everyone remembers what he's done to the working class and education in Ohio, every sane person will turn their backs on him again. He's skated by mostly on his affable personality and riding the economic rebound of the past 6 years. He was re-elected against an absolute trainwreck Democrat in 2014 that nobody liked and was found out to have been driving around for years without a valid driver's license.

The stereotype of the bumbling Democrats that can't get out of their own way is strong in Ohio.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It's good though, the longer this ridiculous fight stays in the media consciousness the worse it is for Trump

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

I can't wait for Drumpf's measured and conciliatory response to McCain.

I hear that some people are saying John gave secrets to the Koreans when he was captured. -Trump probably in the future.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

FlamingLiberal posted:

They are getting more and more desperate to somehow salvage Trump's idiocy. I wonder how far they'll go for the next stupid thing he says. By November, the sky's the limit.

theflyingorc posted:

For these people, their religion functions more like an ethnic identity than it does an actual moral framework.

"Christian" is who they are as a personal identity, not really a system they follow. While technically they could leave their religion, being Christian is, to them, more like the cultural identity of being American or Southern or Blue Collar. So the rules aren't actually important, it's more about declaring yourself as part of a group and certain other groups as being "other".

At least now the world can see that they don't give the slightest drat about what they're religion actually says. All they care about is using it to demonize the Other, whoever that is at the moment, and making themselves look more "moral." Though I doubt any lessons will stick since they've completely ignored the GOP's FYGM philosophy and belligerent attacks until this point.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

FlamingLiberal posted:

because he would have been kicked out is the unspoken second part of that sentence.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
We should be getting economic transition teams from both campaigns this week right?

gregday
May 23, 2003

Throwing Turtles posted:

because he would have been kicked out is the unspoken second part of that sentence.

Seriously, I don't know any other way to read that except "He'd be alive because neither he nor his parents would even be in America."

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cythereal posted:

Cruz, too. He's pretty clearly angling for a 2020 run. Possibly Kasich, too, his gimmick in the primary this election was being the Sane Dude, which depending on how this election and the response thereto goes might be much more appealing to the GOP base in four years.

I hesitate to say Cruz because of his speech, but short term memory and whatnot. Trump, if he loses, is going to be /very/ bitter, and I can totally see him making a SuperPAC (well, provided Citizens United doesn't get reversed) to sink any Cruz chance from here on out. Kasich hasn't done anything that public to slap Donald in the face apart from rebuke his outlandish statements.

Geostomp posted:

They are getting more and more desperate to somehow salvage Trump's idiocy. I wonder how far they'll go for the next stupid thing he says. By November, the sky's the limit.

Right wing radio from what I'm hearing (as in second hand) is pushing the Muslim Brotherhood angle now. It probably won't make it to mainstream, but who the gently caress knows in this election.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

theflyingorc posted:

I wonder what percentage of evangelicals aren't really cognizant of the fact that poor African-Americans are pretty religious, simply because they mentally model them as "other" and they themselves are religious.

It seems like a lot of people here aren't aware of that fact, what with the "I wish there was a religious Left" posts you get occasionally.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Since emailgate will be back in the news for a bit, I have a question.

Comey said that although they have no proof that her server was hacked, they do seem to think that it's possible that the people she e-mailed got hacked. Assuming that's true...how exactly is that Hillary's fault?

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Aug 1, 2016

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
:siren: Tim Kaine has arrived back in his hometown of Richmond, VA ahead of a rally today. :siren: He stopped in at the Clinton/Kaine campaign office this morning, and brought Sugar Shack doughnuts.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

Comey said that although they have no proof that her server was hacked, they do seem to think that it's possible that the people she e-mailed got hacked. Assuming that's true...how exactly is that Hillary's fault exactly?

hillary bad

why ask question further, you commie

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

computer parts posted:

It seems like a lot of people here aren't aware of that fact, what with the "I wish there was a religious Left" posts you get occasionally.

And for reference, there is a religious left. There are lots of Christian churches that are socially liberal, condone and perform same-sex marriages, strongly support racial minorities even in white-majority individual churches, and are often even economically liberal.

People like that black pastor from the DNC are among the very few times we get in the news.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Quorum posted:

:siren: Tim Kaine has arrived back in his hometown of Richmond, VA ahead of a rally today. :siren: He stopped in at the Clinton/Kaine campaign office this morning, and brought Sugar Shack doughnuts.
My roommate is moving to Richmond in 2 weeks to teach at the University of Richmond. I told him to make sure to register to vote in VA.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mr Interweb posted:

Comey said that although they have no proof that her server was hacked, they do seem to think that it's possible that the people she e-mailed got hacked. Assuming that's true...how exactly is that Hillary's fault?
Clinton is generally seen as responsible for the move to a private server, since she wanted to be able to more easily access her email on her Blackberry.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

These loss edits are getting weirder.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Clinton is generally seen as responsible for the move to a private server, since she wanted to be able to more easily access her email on her Blackberry.

Yeah, but regardless of where her email was hosted, it wouldn't have changed her emailing someone's gmail account that got hacked.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

duz posted:

Yeah, but regardless of where her email was hosted, it wouldn't have changed her emailing someone's gmail account that got hacked.

Yeah, this is what I don't get. Cause he's not blaming Hillary for her own emails getting hacked, but OTHER people's emails getting hacked.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Mr Hootington posted:

I hear that some people are saying John gave secrets to the Koreans when he was captured. -Trump probably in the future.

McCain would never have been taken alive had Trump been the president at the time!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

Many African Americans (especially older ones) are pretty conservative on social issues too. Which makes it even funnier that Republicans continue to stick to their guns strategy-wise when it comes to trying to disenfranchise black voters instead of court them. Some of them would probably buy into a lot of what they sell.

2 weeks ago I was at the grand opening of our local Hillary office down the street from me, and our local Congressman was there and he took some questions. An older black woman (decked out in Hillary/Obama gear) asked him when, with everything going on in the world, we are going to let prayer back in schools.

He did an amazing job of spinning it into "If we allow religion back into schools, imagine what Trump will have us doing soon" which was funny.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Mr Hootington posted:

We should be getting economic transition teams from both campaigns this week right?

Hahahahaha

Trump transition team

Hahahahahah

I mean just the words themselves strung together give me cold sweat but imagine a Trump transition team.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Josh Lyman posted:

My roommate is moving to Richmond in 2 weeks to teach at the University of Richmond. I told him to make sure to register to vote in VA.

That's good advice, as well as "go to Sugar Shack, it's the poo poo."

There really ought to be a "So, you're moving to Virginia?" handbook or thread. It's way different from anywhere else I've lived, and there's things no one actually tells you. For instance, you can register your car WITHOUT having it inspected, but no one tells you that VA inspections are required and cops will pull you over in a heartbeat without that sticker.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Trump Transition Team is a new triple threat team in the WWE.

Academician Nomad
Jan 29, 2016

Cythereal posted:

And for reference, there is a religious left. There are lots of Christian churches that are socially liberal, condone and perform same-sex marriages, strongly support racial minorities even in white-majority individual churches, and are often even economically liberal.

People like that black pastor from the DNC are among the very few times we get in the news.
What's more, the religious left used to be the powerful religious political lobby. The right-wing culture wars only came later. Here's a podcast episode about that transition that I found interesting: http://historicaloutreach.blogspot.com/2014/07/episode-5-protestants-and-liberal.html

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

pokchu posted:

There really ought to be a "So, you're moving to Virginia?" handbook or thread. It's way different from anywhere else I've lived, and there's things no one actually tells you. For instance, you can register your car WITHOUT having it inspected, but no one tells you that VA inspections are required and cops will pull you over in a heartbeat without that sticker.

Texas did something similar for a while but they've consolidated the two in the last few years.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Antti posted:

Hahahahaha

Trump transition team

Hahahahahah

I mean just the words themselves strung together give me cold sweat but imagine a Trump transition team.

We're all cool with Obama just not handing over the country in 2017 if Trump wins, right?

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

MonkeyOnFire posted:

Yup, he's still at it this morning. :smugdon:

Meanwhile: John McCain, as you may have guessed, is not happy about Trump's reaction to the Khans:

https://twitter.com/politico/status/760091926188228608

"I hope Americans understand that the remarks do not represent the views of our Republican Party, its officers, or candidates."

:psyduck:John... John... Buddy... These are the views of your candidate.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

pokchu posted:

Sugar shack is the poo poo. Puts duck doughnuts to shame. :colbert:

And we in the VA/WV thread answer questions as they come up but a thread with an updated OP would be really nice. I love VA but place is definitely weird to move to from elsewhere. Another example: loving independent cities, they make no sense and are dumb.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

alpha_destroy posted:

"I hope Americans understand that the remarks do not represent the views of our Republican Party, its officers, or candidates."
How can he say they don't represent the views of the candidates when it is the Republican candidate saying these things?!

Jesus, McCain is spineless.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Quorum posted:

And we in the VA/WV thread answer questions as they come up but a thread with an updated OP would be really nice. I love VA but place is definitely weird to move to from elsewhere. Another example: loving independent cities, they make no sense and are dumb.

Where is this thread?

Edit: huh, I never noticed that board existed

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Aug 1, 2016

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

gently caress John McCain, he's a slimy poo poo.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/05/08/john-mccain-says-gop-must-abide-voters-wishes-on-trump/

If he had any sort of principles he'd retract his endorsement, no matter how half hearted he wants to pretend it is. You don't get to just say the person you and your party supposedly think is qualified to be the leader of the country and represents your voters doesn't reflect your real views when he says horrible stuff. He most certainly does, especially considering the attempts to discredit the family by people not as political connected as him and Ryan that sort of have to worry about the optics of this. If Trump really doesn't reflect your views say that he shouldn't be president, you don't get it both ways. McCain won't since he's a coward and knows his base, who does agree with Trump despite claims to the contrary, would eat him alive for it.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 1, 2016

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Quorum posted:

Is independent city the same thing as unincorporated counties / towns? Because unincorporated areas exist almost everywhere. They are especially prevalent in the midwest and prairie areas.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

pokchu posted:

:confused:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

iospace posted:

I can totally see him making a SuperPAC (well, provided Citizens United doesn't get reversed) to sink any Cruz chance from here on out.

Didn't he already make one to gently caress with both Cruz and Kaisch?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

Why would you assume Trump would actually do anything he said he was going to do?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Trabisnikof posted:

Why would you assume Trump would actually do anything he said he was going to do?

I only assume he does what he says he's going to do when he feels slighted or will otherwise do that thing out of spite.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lightning Knight posted:

He said he was, but lol if you think he's going to donate a penny. So he's going to get all of the backlash of going after the careers of rival politicians and none of the benefits.

Hmmmm
https://twitter.com/barbarastarrcnn/status/760128991776964609

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

Dr Cheeto posted:

Has anyone seen Herman Cain since Pokemon Go was released?

I'm standing in a TSA line waiting to pass through airport security -- and this made me giggle in a way that made the agents look at me. :(

• Locked thread