Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

axeil posted:

On that topic, have any countries accepted that as legitimate yet? Is there a chance Ukraine gets it back?

On the 2nd question most definitely not while Putin is alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So the Khan/Trump feud is the main headline for every single news network this morning. I didn't check Fox News though. This is going to dominate another news cycle.

Good thing racist traitorsrepublicans hate Muslims more than they hate the troops. I'm sure the "drive by liberal media" will be listened to by racist traitorsrepublicans.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

MonkeyOnFire posted:

Yup, he's still at it this morning. :smugdon:

Meanwhile: John McCain, as you may have guessed, is not happy about Trump's reaction to the Khans:

https://twitter.com/politico/status/760091926188228608

If I remember correctly McCain has never actually endorsed Trump. McCain said the party must follow the will of the people and defended trump back in May.
Here is an article about that from back in May: http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/08/politics/john-mccain-donald-trump/

Lots of funny when compared to today. Remember Donald said McCain wasn't a war hero.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

I can't wait for Drumpf's measured and conciliatory response to McCain.

I hear that some people are saying John gave secrets to the Koreans when he was captured. -Trump probably in the future.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
We should be getting economic transition teams from both campaigns this week right?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

axeil posted:

FRED is your friend.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/GDP

Seriously any time anyone has a question on economy figures just use FRED.

Why would i use bottled water numbers for the economy figures?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Grouchio posted:

More weird ruinous chaos mutations of Donald Trump please.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Man remember the days when our government worked during the Bush 2 era? I long for those days from time to time.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Ar least stuff got done!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Crabtree posted:

Do you honestly believe anyone in the republican party or media has any semblance left of a plan at this point? This was a several minute search on google for a talking point and gently caress IT, WE'LL SPIN IT LIVE.

Yeah it is drink heavily and hope your political career isn't over.

Hint: it won't be for many of these people and they will be back.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

prom candy posted:

"Oh yes, and Mr. Trump's personal hygiene is above reproach"

The man is very clean. A shiny, orange hue.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Cimber posted:

She's a loving antivaxer and HUUUUGE anti-common core type too. Her posts are both incredibly funny and incredibly stupid.

Is this person important to you? If not unfollow or unfriend.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Sword of Chomsky posted:

So is anyone else worried about an uptick in right wing militia groups and other anti government groups?

https://twitter.com/sarahkendzior/status/760932576001339392?s=09

yes, but don't admit it because you get mocked.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Deray for HUD sec

Secretary of Education is his spot.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Grouchio posted:

Now I've just heard that many GOP moderates are beginning to flock to Clinton, including one massive PAC contributor. Who are they and should I start to get excited?

they are republicans and sure if you enjoy landslides and triangulation.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

smg77 posted:

More on Trump imploding.

I cannot wait for the tell-all books about this mess.

why aren't these staffers pulling the ripcord and bailing? must be hard walking without bones.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

rscott posted:

To collect a paycheck for the next 3 months

as said above and most are probably risking permanent blackballing. there is no reward for riding the trump train.

Edit: ^^^^I'm sure the books will be good when released 20 years from now when trump dies and the lawsuits have been dropped.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

quote:

Hillary hit hard
Arcadia parade float depicting Hillary Clinton in prison while being hit with water balloons stirs controversy

It was a typical summer celebration in small-town Iowa. The sun was shining on children carrying bags full of candy as the Arcadia Fire Department was celebrating its 100th anniversary on Saturday with a parade, a party in the park and a big water fight that would serve as the grand finale.

A young blond boy, no more than 8 years old, ran out into the street near the intersection of West Center and South Gault streets because one float was handing out water balloons. The child grabbed his balloon, took aim and did his best Nolan Ryan impression as he fired the balloon at a man dressed in an orange jumpsuit and Hillary Clinton mask while standing on a platform inside bars, fencing and barbed wire above a “Hillary For Prison” sign tacked onto the side.

Bull’s eye.

The prideful smile of a job well done was written all over the boy’s face.

Some in the crowd were laughing and cheering as the float rolled by, but others could be heard moaning and grumbling that it was “over the top” or “a bit too much.”

“It was my idea,” Kyle Julin of Manilla said. “Pretty much me and Josh (Reetz). It took us about a day-and-a-half to build.”

Julin said he, Reetz and Adam Corky (Clinton impersonator) are not affiliated with any official political organization. Julin said he’s an independent and as of March 2014 Reetz was a registered Democrat.

Julin said the crew had been throwing around the idea of entering the parade for awhile.

“Probably a month ago we joked around about it, and at the beginning of last week we decided to do it,” Julin said. We started on it Wednesday night.”

Julin said all the feedback he’s heard has been positive.

“Even the police and everybody was positive about it, especially on social media,” he said. “We couldn’t get pictures with some people because of where they work and their political agendas. But, only one group booed us. My consensus from that was 99 percent to 1 percent liked it.”

Not everyone thought it was so great.

Tim Tracy, chairman of the Carroll County Democrats, said demonstrations like this don’t help things in an already charged political climate.

“The Carroll County Democrats participated in the Arcadia celebration in an appropriate and dignified manner,” Tracy said. “We saw a lot of children along the parade route. Children aren’t politically savvy. It’s sad to imagine that some of them may have been wondering why they were being mean to that lady and throwing things at her.”

Another woman, who wished to remain anonymous for fear of repercussions at work, said the whole thing just made her feel sad.

“I’m glad my grandkids weren’t there to see it,” she said. “Here we have what could be the first woman president in our history — and to treat her like that — I thought was disrespectful to her and disrespectful to women.”

Craig Williams, chairman of the Carroll County Republicans, said his organization had nothing to do with the float, but did promote photos of it on FaceBook.

“I probably wouldn’t have done that myself, but I can certainly understand some frustrations from people over all the illegal things (Clinton) has done,” Williams said. “I don’t feel it was offensive to women. It could have been anybody in there anyone who got away with what she did.”

Julin estimated his group handed out around 400 water balloons during the parade.

As for people taking offense to the float, “I mean if they do, they do,” Julin said. “We believe if Hillary gets in, it’ll be bad for moving our political agenda forward. I will vote for my own personal view when it comes down to it. We can’t even fathom the possibility of how she’s able to do it. Also, it wasn’t just kids, there were a bunch of adults grabbing water balloons and cheering."

sounds like a great time!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Harrow posted:

So here's a fun game to play:

Will it be better for Trump's polls if he just chickens out of the debates, or if he goes on stage and does basically what he's been doing all week? Like, both are probably bad, but which is worse?

They are rigged by the liberal media conspiracy you see.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Bit of ancient history: how many people were still in the last Republican Debate?

Trick question. 2

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I wish I owned stock and would see a 2% increase in my portfolio after it passed TPP passed. :(

Should have git me some learnin'.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I do not understand why we allow people who have become economically irrelevant to continue to live. They are just a drain on the precious resources and contribute to the destruction of the Earth. We should beginning mass culling policies. Would probably be easier to pass and implement in the current political climate too.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

A Winner is Jew posted:

Considering that per capita the rich use more resources than anyone else I'm down with this.

I am no surprised you want more poor people to die so you can consume more.

site posted:

I agree kill all white people

No all people who currently do not have jobs, then poors who are in a redundant job, then those over the age of 50 under a certain economic threshold.

We are democrats and believe in equality in life. Death will not discriminate either.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

RuanGacho posted:

Are you going to keep saying this when white people are a minority site because I know you're young enough to be around when it happens

As a white person who is wholly consumed by my white guilt over my white privilege, I will gladly pull the trigger when my brown and black overlords tell me too.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Eifert Posting posted:

Your self sacrifice is positively noble.

For the profits of the corporation fellow drone.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

a shameful boehner posted:

I await Schumer's carefully worded tweet with bated breath.

Banks, Israel, Iran bad.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Bushiz posted:

that pink texas will never stop being hilarious to me.

If Texas looks like it is going blue, the Texas democrats will have to vote their conscience.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Yinlock posted:

Nothing says "strong legal threat" like "She either did one thing or this other thing, maybe four times? i'unno."

it must be solid. the man went to law school. have you?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I'm glad trump is just spouting rhetoric and nothing he says matters or has lasting impact.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

zoux posted:

I mean we all know what he meant, but if you're a surrogate this all about the main stream media grasping for another Trump scandal after a bold, presidential speech yesterday. He clearly meant that second amendment activists should exercise their right to vote at the ballot OR he meant that the NRA and other gun lobbies could exert their considerable effort to beat Hillary

That is that the meta context you get from, "Although the 2nd Amendment people maybe there is? I don't know." Trump Whisperer?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

You are wrong and reading too deep into Trump.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

ImpAtom posted:

It is really genuinely kind of loving terrifying how the Republican talking points this year have been "arrest or kill our political opponents."

Do not worry. The nazisrepublicans will never actually do anything. Relax.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Nice always love the dp.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 9, 2016

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

ComradeCosmobot posted:

This is what one of my likely-Trump-voter relatives has said. 40% of America cannot be convinced because they literally refuse to believe Trump is saying anything he actually says. 40% of America literally is falling for the Big Lie.

It isn't a "Big Lie." It is "The Hard Truth About How It Really Is."

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

ComradeCosmobot posted:

For some people yes. For other people like this relative, Trump doesn't really intend to build a wall. That's just political rhetoric. No, he REALLY means e-Verify, which just so happens to be what this relative really wants.

Nevermind the fact that Trump has given hyperbolic facts about the size of the wall, its cost, and how it will be paid for. That's all just pandering to voters and anyone who believe it will happen is stupid and doesn't know how campaigning is based on lies to attract voters. It's so ridiculous, how could that possibly be what Trump means? No, no. He really just means an electronic wall, I assure you.

Wait. Are you my cousin because this is my grandpa you are describing.

I do get you though. The trump camp is either full blown believers or deniers who are so willfully ignorant. They are the same folks who do not understand dog whistles or that the world doesn't work like "back in their day" anymore.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

Somebody's doing the raping. Who's doing the raping?

Nobody famous apparently.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Yinlock posted:

Am I going to have to bring out the Feelings Are Not Facts song again.

I mean yes, from a certain point of view Trump is the last great chance for political reform, but from a non-insane point of view he's a dangerous lunatic. The reason he never ran as Democrat was because he could not, only in the standard Republican voter, conditioned by decades of Fox News and racism, could he find easy marks. Ignoring the fact that Bernie's actually already started the reform ball rolling and voting Trump is pissing that away(unless you consider "inconveniencing the rich in any way" to be corrupt)"

And a "racist comment or two" is kind of downplaying the fact that Trump's entire campaign is based on racism. The globalization boodyman is vastly overshadowed by the man who's dropping fascist rhetoric and blurting out impulsive statements about how his political opponents should be jailed or murdered.

I see someone doesn't understand the actual meaning and context of Donald Trump's words.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

In other policing news, a mentally handicapped man sleeping in his yard has cops in armored vehicles and machine guns roll up mistaking him for a carjacking suspect. When he runs towards one of their tanks after they throw flash grenades and shoot rubber bullets at him, he's shot dead.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...omepage%2Fstory

Whoa! Filled in the mentally disabled, mistaken identity, excessive force, example of militarization, and black person spots on my police violence bingo card for August.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

This isn't surprising. Our entire justice system is weighed against sex crime victims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

zoux posted:

Yeah one of the nicest results of the post convention polling is that literally all the Trump trolls are gone. The token Trump gimmick YCS IK had a full on meltdown yesterday and admitted Trump is hosed. It's been great!

Wait Boosted broke? Do you have a page number?

• Locked thread