Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Man, the pronunciation by news anchors of Khizr is all over the place. On Morning Joe just now we got Keezer.

And on Fox & Friends they're trying to privot from Khan to Vilerat, saying the media is biased because nobody covered Vilrat's mom live while everyone covered the Khans.

This Morning Joe segment on Trump flip-flopping on Putin is a better editing job than anything Daily Show or Last Week Tonight had ever done.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Aug 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

Wait, I didn't hear about the whole nudes leak thing, is that actually for really real?
Yes. It's on the homepage of the New York Post. NSFW if you click through, obviously.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

My partner at work just cited the 'fact' that Obama 'applied for student aid as foreign student' (Snopes shows it was an april fools article in 2009) as evidence that Obama is not a citizen. And also posited that the former constitutional law professor hasn't 'read the constitution either' (along w/ the donald, I guess).....

It's 0830 and I've got 10.5hrs left....lord gimme strunph....
Just smother him. You'll be doing the country a solid.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Quorum posted:

:siren: Tim Kaine has arrived back in his hometown of Richmond, VA ahead of a rally today. :siren: He stopped in at the Clinton/Kaine campaign office this morning, and brought Sugar Shack doughnuts.
My roommate is moving to Richmond in 2 weeks to teach at the University of Richmond. I told him to make sure to register to vote in VA.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

How do you think Donald Jr feels about Eric being taller and thinner than him?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Hermsgervørden posted:

I'm probably going to travel to a swing state to do GOTV for Clinton. Is there a city where really good turnout flips both a senate seat and a house seat?

I went to Ohio (Cincinnati & Middletown) in 2004 and Las Cruces, NM in 2008. I'd rather not go to Florida. Where should I go?
Come to metro Atlanta.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Isn't that fund... basically taxes?

Well, treasuries to be more specific.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I admit that the rumors about Trump and his daughter are really gross and inappropriate, at least to me. I don't care if one out-of-context shot looks weird or if he made a dumb comment about his daughter at some point, the rumormongering that he literally attempts to molest his daughter feels like the worst kind of baiting.
Trump has repeatedly said he would date his daughter if she weren't his daughter. Are you willfully stupid or truth is in the middle stupid?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

kaleedity posted:

I loving hate having to defend trump, but he's a narcissist. If he says something positive about someone, he has to frame it in some way related to himself. Just because he can't control his narcissism doesn't mean he'd gently caress his daughter. If there was any evidence beyond Trump acting like a narcissistic buffoon, it would be more warranted. It's still annoying as poo poo rumormongering and honestly on the same level as most of the poo poo propaganda against clinton.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diMp241gAcw

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

You have to watch about 2 1/2 minutes to get the full effect, but I feel as if Trump doesn't have the capacity for sarcasm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntQ4Mof4TyA&t=481s

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

kaleedity posted:

Popular Thug Drink touched on this, but Atlanta has one of the largest Asian populations in the Southeast. The Asian population there is growing at almost the same rate as the Latino population. Another important note is that Asians are few and far between everywhere else in that quarter of the country.
And yet there still aren't any cheap Korean BBQ places. What is the point of a melting pot if I can't get my melting pot on?!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I don't think anyone actually believes Donald Trump wants to gently caress his own daughter, it's just a really creepy and weird thing to 'brag' about and something that's super easy to mock.

Like, yea I guess if it helps I agree Donald Trump probably doesn't literally want to molest his daughter, but 99% of dads somehow manage to say 'and isn't my daughter growing up so pretty' without saying 'haha I'd date her, I hope she gets her mom's tits, god drat she's so loving hot'.
If you unironically say you'd like to date someone, doesn't it follow that you'd like to have sex with them?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

kaleedity posted:

korean bbq? dude you go to atlanta so you can eat grilled chicken so fresh that you watch the cook slaughter the chickens.
I mean, I can get unfrozen chicken breast for $1.99 year round at Kroger, but I never really thought of us as a chicken region.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

zoux posted:

A lot of people are really invested in whether or not Trump wants to gently caress his daughter, it seems.
That's because we do ourselves and want to know if Trump is truly a man of the people.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Fluffdaddy posted:

Because POC don't owe you a meal and are not there to service you.
Actually it's an economics joke, that an increased supply of Korean BBQ joints should lower the average price.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Dexo posted:

DWS did. but less because of this, and more because she's incompetent.
I've been saying this for a while and goons would question it.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Because Joe Scarborough is a hack and an idiot. MSNBC aren't exactly a bastion of great reporting but Scarborough has been the worst thing about them for years.
Joe has been anti-Trump since the beginning, so maybe he's revealing this information when it can do the most damage. :tinfoil:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Fangz posted:

You know, given that Trump made his announcement that he had a 'secret plan for easily defeating ISIS' shortly after that. Who wants to bet this secret plan involves nukes?
When Trump said that, I 100% thought he was referring to nukes. That's the only way to immediately and completely take out an enemy.

The fallout (heh) is a completely different matter though.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Trump's ring finger is barely longer than his index. Low T and :sad:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

axeil posted:

Take the money, tell them you won't run the story, and then run the story.
Then the Chinese mob will kill you

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Why does anyone care about Nevada? It's only 6 electoral votes.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Trump is just running for president so his campaign can pay his companies with donor money. When an election is expected to cost $2 billion, getting half of the pie is a brilliant business strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Pakled posted:

When Georgia was on the verge of passing a campus carry bill a few months back (it got vetoed by the governor, thank God), I spoke to a professor who said he genuinely feared for his and his TAs' safety if the bill passed, because they have to deal with emotional students breaking down and begging for better grades all the drat time.
What does he teach? In 5 semesters of teaching undergrads, I never had one come to my office asking for a better grade.

• Locked thread