Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
I just hope that the Khans have access to... I dunno, a counselor, psychologist, someone to help them screen calls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meristem
Oct 2, 2010

Charlz Guybon posted:

Did his security detail really gently caress up the elevator? :catstare:
Maybe someone read that saboteur manual.

More people should microagress Trump, is what I'm saying.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010

Elmnt80 posted:

If Trump backs out of the debates, I hope hillary sets aside a chunk of money for ordering large amounts of orange chicken to where Trump is until november 8th. It would be amazing.
If Trump backs out of the debates, Elizabeth Warren will make fun of him on Twitter for being afraid of a girl, and it will be glorious.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010

emdash posted:

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/765156672310566912

manafort's response to the Ukraine money thing. it's what you'd expect
I must be catching benghazitis, because I so want to see Manafort before some sort of a commission. Grilled for 11 hours. Trump can answer questions, too.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

4. He says "gently caress it" and just reads his victory speech.
5. 'I was clearly running for president ironically sarcastically, you dumb?'

meristem
Oct 2, 2010

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

To be clearer though, this is about Trump wanting to be Trump. He thinks that the problem isn't that he's a racist rear end in a top hat spewing hate and demifascism; but instead because he was being "boxed in," "managed," "not himself."

His instincts are so incredibly bad.
Heyy, we're all gonna have more fun if Trump is let to be Trump. Manafort spoiled that!

e: "fun" barring the inevitable mass shootings, obviously.

meristem fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Aug 17, 2016

meristem
Oct 2, 2010

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I didn't grow up religious and it seems like you got some good answers about internalized racism already, so let's talk about hair!

As people mentioned, Chris Rock (who has done many great things and thought many great thoughts, but he is a comedian, so never forget what nutranurse teaches us) made a documentary called Good Hair that you should check out for an in-depth look.
I saw this documentary. As someone who has not even managed to master make-up, it was equal parts amazing and terrifying.

You talk a lot about the expectations of white people regarding black hair. Do you think young white people also feel uneasy about African-textured hair, or is it more about the corporate world / older-people thing?

meristem
Oct 2, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

uhhhh

this is literally his one actual policy proposal, what is he doing
Pivoting.

Never thought adding Breitbart to the mix would be what achieves this.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010

axe_vendetta posted:

I am sure there is much more to it than that, and that female voters are not merely repulsed by Trump''s persona but also by his politics and policies. This view seems condescending and sexist to me, as it attributes fairly shallow reasons to women for opposing Trump, but I'm a dude so if a woman would like to respond?
Meh, women are people, too, and people vote primarily on gut and tribe. If that guy repels you on a very deep, gut level, maybe because you've met his type time and again, time and again, and they were all shitheads, why would you stop to hear his *arguments*? It just saves time not to.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010

Anos posted:

American civil war reenactments are obviously an American thing but other countries do have reenactments pertaining to their history. The largest Viking moot in Europe is a few miles from where I live and I know some Brits who like to play knights at medieval reenactments. I don't know that there's winged hussars riding in Poland or Romans marching in Italy but one might suppose there's always someone who likes to dress up.
Speaking for Poland, the best-known is probably the annual reenactment of the 1410 battle of Tannenberg/ Grunwald between Poland/ Lithuania and the Teutonic Order. It routinely involves around a thousand "knights", plus the assorted merchants and artisans.

Since it's in July, it's a pretty fun family day. The whole week there are tournaments, duels, archery competitions and all that stuff.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010

Spatula City posted:

making inspiring speeches is deeply overrated, especially for the president. Clinton is good at getting poo poo done. She's good at coalition-building. It's worth noting that people are ragging on Clinton for not being good at skills that are traditionally masculine like making big speeches,
Yeah. I hope that she continues the podcast after she's President, just makes it more (or rather, at all) substantial. Wonks like her fare much better in dialogue than speeches, and one-to-one / small crowd situations than the stadium crowds.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
Sheesh guys, Shbobdb just wants a safe space from religion, don't you understand? Their feelings are hurt.

But gently caress if all those false equivalencies and inane examples aren't triggering me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
That atheist troll is still going? Jesus gently caress man, you remind me of myself when I was 11 and beaten by my grandpa for not going to church. He had a heavy hand.

Thankfully that old gently caress has been dead for years and I've met a lot of chill religious people since. But I wonder: who is beating you?

• Locked thread