Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

gregday posted:

I definitely believe Trump started his day with some Special K.

I disagree, he'd probably be calmer and saner. Coke would be more likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Guys, I know you hate southern states and all, but there are some sane people here. Please don't leave me at the mercy of Governer Voldemort when a hurricane destroys everything I own because I like fishing and swimming in the gulf and don't want to deal with snow and salted roads. <3

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Filthy Hans posted:

'sup fellow Gulf Coaster, your pleas will fall on deaf ears here and the most sympathy you can expect is someone posting bugsbunny.gif

The good news is the US hasn't been hit by a major hurricane in 11 years, and the odds are good that we'll be hurricane free for another 11, unless you don't expect us to maintain those 1:2300 odds we've been gifted with so far
http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/08/no-major-us-hurricanes-in-11-years-odds-of-that-1-in-2300/

Florida is good is at buildin' bridges. We can cross over to georgia and alabama. Whether its maintained is a completely different story though. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Schizotek posted:

Ugh, I hate living in South Florida. Good to see that this level of saturation isn't a nationwide thing, but still. I sometimes feel like I'm living in some sort of Trumane Show-esque lab experiment down here.

Its impressive how many democrat ads I'm seeing just north of tampa. Even more impressive when I realize I have't seen a single pro republican ad yet.

Edit: Even more so when the the incumbent is stepping down. An incumbent who was sherriff for half of my district and could run on name recognition alone.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 10, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Malia Obama was caught blazing one at a festival lol.

Could you imagine having to make that delivery. An armed secret service officer stops you and asks what you're carrying and you have to tell him the presidents daughter asked for a twenty sack.

Also, very important question, if malia went crowd surfing after smoking that joint, would the secret service agent have to go crowd surfing with her?

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 11, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

If Trump backs out of the debates, I hope hillary sets aside a chunk of money for ordering large amounts of orange chicken to where Trump is until november 8th. It would be amazing.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

computer parts posted:

Wouldn't be the first time a Clinton used a chicken gimmick.

It would probably be the first time a presidential nominee made fun of her opponent AND fed his support staff when he "forgets" about paying them though. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I work for one of the companies who had a store torched in milfuckie. I hope the protesters and firefighters are ok. Alot of poo poo in our stores gives off horribly toxic chemicals when burned.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I always wonder how modern teenagers would react to Fight Club. It was such a bible of 90s prosperity era angst that must seem completely alien to them now.

It'd probably be acclaimed by reddit as a MRA masterpiece. :v:

Edit:

Epic High Five posted:

I read the book first and felt that the movie had the better end by far, but that it was clearly a satire on hyper masculinity by a gay Canadian

Alas not many people shared my hot take at the time of its release

Hey there similar hot take buddy.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Yinlock posted:

I don't really understand civil war reenactments since it seems to be a really America thing, is it just people trying to pretend that the south won?

We have a yearly reenactment less than half a mile from my house at the scout reservation which recreates a small raid aimed at disrupting the flow of supplies out to the south at large along with outgoing blockade runners from the small river near here. Mostly its dudes taking an excuse to get drunk and grill out for a weekend and its a popular community activity despite the fact that the battle's portrayl is historically innacurate. Here is a semi-decent article about it: http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/brooksville-raid-helped-union-in-civil-war-150-years-ago/2187912

Also, its damned weird waking up to cannon fire once a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

KiteAuraan posted:

It was in line at a grocery store, and this older, maybe 60-something white guy in a Trump hat decided to ask the young black guy working the bag station at the register who he was voting for, so he said Hillary. Dude then went into a mild spiel about how she's bad and how he should change his mind, when the guy in front of me in line, an older black man jumped in and told him, hey man it's his choice, it's a personal thing. So MAGA hat decides to ask them both what Hillary will do for the black man and why all the Democrat-run cities are so bad for blacks and all that poo poo. It ended with an agreement to disagree, so not horrible all things told, especially in Arizona.

I can't imagine being black with a retail job this election. I get enough customers trying to do some weird kindly uncle thing where they to politely explain why Trump would be an awesome choice for me despite my constant refrain of "I don't discuss politics at work" and I'm white as hell.

• Locked thread