Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Whoever it was that booked Mr Khan to appear at the convention should get a cabinet position.

What if it's DWS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

emdash posted:

Scarborough says that, months ago, Trump asked three times during a security briefing about nuclear weapons. One of the asks was "if we have them, why can't we use them?"

The panel is stunned into silence by this

You'd think a bunch of talking heads would be used to the whole 'just asking questions' thing

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Tibeerius posted:

I love how Trump has turned the usual "VP = attack dog" conventional wisdom upside-down. Every quote I see from Pence these days is covering for his running mate.

I don't know what the opposite of "attack dog" is, but Mike Pence is it.

Comfort kitten?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Civilized Fishbot posted:

holy poo poo, imagine not taking the money

You'd get fired and probably investigated by the IRS as soon as it got out that he tries that with every reporter.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I looked up the tank incident and holy gently caress

http://www.slate.com/articles/podcasts/whistlestop/2015/12/how_george_h_w_bush_vanquished_michael_dukakis.html is a good podcast about the whole thing

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

a shameful boehner posted:

Why the ellipse? Bip asked to be pointed where 700,000 jobs were lost; the Economic Policy Institute cites 682,900 U.S. jobs lost to NAFTA as of 2010.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_hoc_ergo_propter_hoc Thos jobs were going away anyway.

Popular Thug Drink posted:

or at the least advocating for a new CCC and other make-work programs rather than concern trolling about politically valuable but economically unnecessary jobs

Then someone will just complain that those aren't ~meaningful~ jobs. Source: last month's thread.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Noam Chomsky posted:

Source?

If they were going away then why was NAFTA lobbied for so hard?

Perhaps you've noticed in the course of doing what I'm assuming, based on your posting in CoC, is your job automating things using computers, a general trend towards increasing automation? That.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

DolphinCop posted:

does five thirty eight dot com do a senate forecast? i like their aggregate model because their results agree with my preconceived notions about how the election should be going and i'd like to know what the exact prospects for senate control are

http://election.princeton.edu/todays-senate-seat-count-histogram/

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Boon posted:

I'm so glad Im moving to Minneapolis tomorrow from battleground Wisconsin. Going to hopefully dodge 90% of the campaign ads.

That said, Hilldawgs campaign ad-fu is strong, especially that last with the children watching TV

I'm happy to report that I have no idea about this ad :angel:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Mr.Radar posted:

Brad Jones (The Cinema Snob) and his friend Dave reviewed Dinesh D'souza's Hillary's America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr2PtuviAJo

This is the first movie they've seen that's been so bad they've walked out on it :stare:

I like how angry the glasses guy gets until he talks about his kid :3:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

I'm fairly surprised those morons didn't shoot each other JFC

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Reason posted:

A republic, subject to the rule of law!

I hope this correction aids in your understanding of this complex topic!

Oh wait no you're a low effort concern troll :sad:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

ReidRansom posted:

I kinda want to commission a Texas poll. PPP will do a 6-10 question 500 sample size for $3000. I always thought it was higher than that.

Now just have to find someone else to pay for it...

Is that demographics plus supplied questions? I can't figure out how to do demos in less than 4-5 questions:
  1. Likely Voter
  2. Gender
  3. Race
  4. Education
  5. Income
  6. etc.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Oh but shitposter Reason isn't the only one concern trolling Minnesota:

quote:

Trump is referring to the terrible scourge of unemployment in the Twin Cities, where, as of June, the unemployment rate was all of 3.7 percent, second lowest among American metropolitan areas. Statewide, the jobless rate is 3.8 percent, tied for the eighth-best in the country.

As for the "tremendous problems" for our safety net, let's compare Minnesota to Maine, where Trump was speaking. Maine, with 1.3 million people, has about one-fourth of Minnesota's population (roughly 5.4 million[...]) Maine finished its budget year with a $93 million surplus. Minnesota entered the 2016 legislative session with a $900 million surplus. Four times the population, ten times the leftover money. A tremendous problem.

A yoouge problem. Simply the greatest problem, believe me!

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

ReidRansom posted:

According to their email

Oh excellent! I'm in on that, too.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

My Imaginary GF posted:

When you look at the public health lit, its a pretty difficult issue. Like how the sudden availability of birth control was causative of the STD epidemics of the '50s and '60s: people are stupid, and when they think they're safe, they don't practice safe sex. Funding for more sex education will not lower the rate of Zika transmission. We just gotta face it: the south done gonna have to make abortion more widespread, or pay for the welfare babies.

If it means we can unite and once and for all destroy the foreign menace that is the mosquito, then bring on the zika.

Bip Roberts posted:

Welcome, it'll be nice here for another 3 months.

I like the cold :colbert:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

So was my Rochester alarm actually properly calibrated? That's what I thought when I saw that, and I was about to post "it will be nice there for another month." There were too many buildings though, so I assumed I got it wrong.

That was the Stone Arch Bridge in Minneapolis and I hold that it'll be nice enough until (probably) January. Certainly though mid-October, at least. Again, I like the cold and not the mosquitos.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

comes along bort posted:

Anyone with a vocal fry has to dig their own grave.

Noticing 'vocal fry' without someone pointing it out to you just means you're old and out of touch enough to complain about how the kids talk these days and you're one step away from yelling at clouds :ssh:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Weird place for a Breitbart article from an alternate universe where the Clintons are Republicans to end up

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

good luck bending the river to your will in that case

I want this in the form of a Google Maps overlay so much

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

My Imaginary GF posted:

Because, for at least the last 35 years, Trump has had issues with a rare verbal form of Crohn's Disease.

:golfclap:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Boon posted:

I am fully prepared for 8 years of this, and I love it.

I can't wait to share in the excitement of Kaine discovering girls and the despair of the ice cream hitting the ground.

It's against my headcannon :colbert: I was already referring to him as Grunkle Tim and I can't reconcile that with whatever this is.

Brannock posted:

Wisconsin absolutely will flip. Ron Johnson has accomplished less than nothing in his time as Senator, and as far as the state is concerned Feingold has a Senate job for life. (Unless he runs in 2020.)

Don't be fooled by what happened with Walker: the state Democratic party sent multiple uninspiring candidates at him. Mary Burke is a good person but not cut out for politics. Feingold vs Johnson is an entirely different beast than Walker vs Barrett.

Feingold clowning on Walker would be soooo great.

"2010? Merely a temporary setback to the thousand year reign of progressive darkness, former governor. Hail Clinton."

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Your Arzying has lasted longer than four hours, so please call your doctor.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

I'm actually allergic to it. Yeah, that's possible :smith:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

It really weirds me out that there's a city(?) in the United States called 'King of Prussia'. More than it probably should, I mean.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

In the same vein, I caught a tirade on CNN earlier this morning where a Trump surrogate was insisting that NO CLINTON IS INEXPERIENCED AND BAD AND WOULD BE FIRED. The host looked pretty perplexed by the whole thing and it was hilarious.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Night10194 posted:

Isn't this like half because half his campaign is running around going 'We are tots gonna kill all the immigrants' while the others are like 'We're gonna pivot you'll see' and they're currently fighting for control of the prompter?

Now I'm imagining his kids all grappling for one of those teleprompter stands and calling each other terrible names like "poor" or "nouveau riche"

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

SedanChair posted:

This makes Trump look bad rear end

It looks like C&C concept art. As in, I'm pretty sure there's a timeline where Westwood/EA got Trump to play the president in their gloriously campy FMV sequences for one of the games - probably RA3? J K Simmons is certainly a better actor but it's just about the same character.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

:perfect:

E: well I guess I don't like the base layout but other than that

Munkeymon fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 24, 2016

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

http://www.kare11.com/news/politics/trump-pence-not-yet-on-mn-ballot/307472506

They haven't missed the deadline yet, but lol at not being registered in every state more than a week after the convention.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Re: arguing with Kalman: From trying to argue with them (singular) about software patents I've found that they will argue from the position of what's legal now, not what ought to be and generally won't consider ways to change the law. I think that's because, as a lawyer, they believe there's a way to get around just about any regulation you put in the way.

So I think Kalman knows How poo poo Works, but trying to convince them it ought to be otherwise is like trying to convince fishmech he's wrong.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

E1M1 posted:

Question: I, nor probably 99.99% reading these stories actually witnessed the rape. Isn't widespread media coverage of the hack attack doing way more to contribute to Jones's humiliation, seeing as only a very small number of people would've even been aware of the thing in the first place? Is this really worth reporting on instead of quietly removing the photos and letting investigators do their work?

Can you see why this is a bad argument now?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

uninterrupted posted:

Medical care should be regulated at a higher level than fart apps; ideally run by the government the same as firefighters, police, national defense, etc.

Agreed OP

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

E1M1 posted:

No? Because you didn't provide any actual argument or evidence to the contrary?

Try it again:

E1M1 posted:

Question: I, nor probably 99.99% reading these stories actually witnessed the rape. Isn't widespread media coverage of the hack attack doing way more to contribute to Jones's humiliation, seeing as only a very small number of people would've even been aware of the thing in the first place? Is this really worth reporting on instead of quietly ignoring it and letting investigators do their work?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

zoux posted:

Here's some excerpts from her speech if you want an idea of tone and content:

Chyron Guy moved channels!

Right around that time he claimed his poll numbers are really good, too

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Pakled posted:

Someone yelled out "PEPE" when Clinton said "alt-right."

Why is this a thing? Just because it's a stereotypically Mexican name?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

BearDrivingTruck posted:

To put in terms you might identify with, Obama is Joe Montana, while Hillary is a pretty solid but not amazing QB.

Who's Brett Favre then?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Bill Clinton

just having fun out there, making it look natural and then oops he showed some lady his penis

Nice. He was also basically injured out of the job so

also fits!

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

unless trump cancels

"The trump campaign, citing a sudden case of 'Being a giant babyman who can't take criticism from a woman without going into an apoplectic fit and then crying about it in bed', canceled the interview, so here's professional sock puppet Corey Leandowski" (sp? I don't care enough to google it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

happyhippy posted:

Trump had a taco bowl, which shows he loves hispanics.
I haven't seen any pics or video of Hillary eating anything Mexican.

So who is the real racist now.

You missed the whole Chipotle thing last year? I'm jealous.

• Locked thread