Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I can't wait for Drumpf's measured and conciliatory response to McCain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

new video of Trump responding to Khzir Khan ownage

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

So the end game here is the media turning against Donald, right? If he pisses off/scorched-earths enough actual news departments instead of fawning leeches, they start covering him like the joke he is and get their ratings from laying into him? And this will enrage downticket repubs enough to take care of the problem?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

http://twitter.com/EvNeub/status/760151442040598528

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

But it produced the best debate you'll ever see. One of the candidates was a pro-LGBT leather-wearing biker libertarian.

And yet that wasn't the candidate named Butch Otter somehow? :confused:

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 1, 2016

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Cythereal posted:

Drumpf is so loving determined to lose women and minorities it's incredible. Jury's still out if he's as out of touch as the Romneys, though.

Moreso. Mitt was in touch with women enough to know you don't say poo poo like that, because broads get in a tizzy when you do. Also, he had binders full of women!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

Butch Otter is a real person, not a Kids in the Hall character?

He's a governor! :eng101:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

From that cufflinks story, this is the best part:

NY Post posted:

A Drumpf source told The Post on Tuesday that after The Donald engaged in a fake ringside take-down of wrestling honcho Vince McMahon in 2007, he griped to the promoter that he lost one of his “Drumpf-stamped’’ cuff links worth $50,000.

The Source said the links were actually valued at less than $100.

McMahon, through a spokesman, said Drumpf never spoke to him about cuff-links.
So that's 3-for-3 on billionaires who Drumpf said he spoke to who deny it.

And say what you will about one of the few truly American art forms (Pro Wrestling, Jazz, Hip Hop, Musical Theater - that's it), but Vince is definitely an unhinged lunatic who will carry a grudge beyond the grave, and if Drumpf thinks he can get away with attacking Vince because they used to make money together, he's out of touch. Vince is his own mogul now, and wrestling is an insanely influenceable audience that Vince has captive. If he wants to have Damien Sandow come out every week dressed as Drumpf, take a Spear or DDT and get verbally humiliated, BAH GAWD there's nothing stopping him from doing it.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

Who rigged this election? It's me, Donald! It was me all along!

:bahgawd: aww, sunuvabitch!

inkblot posted:

Well, other than the fact Sandow is not currently working for the WWE.

pretend I said literally any other member of the Social Outcasts then. :rolleyes::fh:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Boogaleeboo posted:

if he becomes toxic they are done.
If? becomes?

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 2, 2016

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Aesop Poprock posted:

Leslie Blitzer is so loving bad

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

So how do equal time laws apply to ads playing in states? Right now it looks like Clinton is just literally buying all the best airtime early at the best prices, effectively boxing out Drumpf from anything beyond infomercial times. Are the networks that agreed to take payment to run ads for Clinton obligated to offer Drumpf a similar time slot even if he only offers them $1, or is he up poo poo's creek?

If only we had the FCC institute some sort of Doctrine, one guaranteeing Fairness...

hmm.......

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Radish posted:

Yeah I admit it's not a valid fear.

Drumpf insulted his wife and dad so I kinda want to give him a pass on that one.

Which reminds me, Cruz plagiarized Aaron Sorkin's The American President in his response ("she's way outta your league"). Plagiarism goes deep in the Republican party.

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 3, 2016

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

is this the thread to talk about how loving good Hillary is at owning the poo poo out of Trump?

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/760596172364840960

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Pakled posted:

He's still employed by CNN, right? How can they justify this poo poo?
I guess they decided running against Clinton was too easy and now they want to run against the far more popular POTUS?

$500,000 well spent.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I loving called it

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

So actual policy question: One of Donald Drumpf's few actual stated policy goals is repatriation of money stored offshore by American companies, untaxed. He's offering to let companies bring it into the American system with a one-time jubilee of a 10% tax on repatriated money.

Ignoring the fact that these companies currently are enjoying a 0% jubilee since they are doing fine not being taxed at all, what on Earth could the orange-tinted Bobby Moynihan SNL character do to enforce this?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

What would happen if Paul Ryan spent the next two years sending bills that *weren't* "Defund Obamacare and also Hillary Clinton has smelly feet Act of 2017"?

Like, what if he governed? Passed laws, helped people by improving the country? In 2018, when the country is actually functioning, would he be primaried from the right?

Because if the R's hold on to like a 4-seat majority, the writing's gotta be on the wall that refusing to even name a post office is not gonna be OK.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

A fourth billionaire has rebuked Trump's assertions that a thing he said happened did happen.

quote:

Bruce Kluger, a former Playboy editor who oversaw the majority of these spreads during his time at the magazine (from October 1985 to February 1999, according to Kluger), said in an email to Jezebel that he didn’t have a recollection of such a feature being pitched.
These are my favorite Trumpish outbursts, because the people replying (the NFL, the Kochs, now Hefner's team) are just like, "yeah nah, that didn't happen" and they're also billionaires. So they aren't beholden to him at all.

He really is a hobgoblin that just doesn't understand how normal human interaction works, because he doesn't have to.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

always read the comments, btw:

quote:

REMOVE GARY JOHNSON FROM THE EQUATION AND TRUMP WOULD BE AHEAD.

THIS IS 2000 ALL OVER AGAIN. THE DEMS NOMINATE AN INFERIOR, INSIDE THE BELTWAY MODERATE, LOSE THE ELECTION, AND THEN BLAME IT ON THE PROGRESSIVE WING OF THE PARTY.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

The Republican nominee for President has spent an entire week of his campaign feuding with a baby. A literal, not figurative, infant.

It may not seem like it but - and this is important - this is what is actually happening.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Somehow there are still 94 days until the election

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Gyges posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/232572505238433794

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/762003451584745472
I wonder if it bugs trump that he has ~3m more followers, but gets less engagement.

Also reminder that 30% of Donald's followers are fake, bought bot accounts.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Geostomp posted:

I think what pleases me most is that this is really gonna fuel the "Fox News is turning evil liberal" sentiment that the craziest of the Trumpers have. When Murdoch's precious propaganda isn't delusional or regressive enough, you know that your movement is in big trouble.
I don't understand what point or reason there is for Fox to outsource their polling (or do any polling at all, rather than just make up numbers). The people watching FOX will neither fact-check nor care if they are inaccurate, and having the only reliable voters for your candidate hearing he is down 10 isn't going to motivate them.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Dirt posted:

He's got some childcare tax credit thing I saw on Twitter. I'm sure it's got a terrible drawback though

watch it be prima noctem

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

PoorMoralCompass posted:

Has there ever been a sound argument explaining why globalism is... frightening? What the definition of 'globalism' anyway?
Honest question.
Globalism represents the idea that people in Sri Lanka or wherever are more open to the idea of being exploited for a dollar a day because it's a pay hike from their current 45c a day.

This is bad if it means the company that was paying you $17/hr does this, and you go from $17/hr to $0.

Ironically, part of the TPP would be people being able to sue companies in Sri Lanka for not paying $17/hr, and making it unattractive to outsource your work. But TPP is bad because it includes protection for drug patents.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Ages posted:

This country needs a leader who is well versed on titties.

A titty master, if you will...
Well we already have the Lunatic Fringe running for President...

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

Bernie burnt a lot of my good will to him invoking bullshit right wing "it's rigged!" rhetoric and convincing otherwise intelligent liberal people that Hillary is a bad person.

Did Bernie do that, or was it his bros?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

DemeaninDemon posted:

I'm going to be severely disappointed if the first millennial president doesn't have a dick pic or tit shot leaked.
the Republican nominee leaked his own wife's nudes like a week ago

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Dexo posted:

That's not how the senate works though.

Insofar as we drew a line around Wyoming and gave 40 people and 15,000 cows 2 Senators to represent them, it totally is. Contract the Dakotas into one state, same with WY/Montana, and make Puerto Rico and America Samoa full states.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

god i hope so

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

So actual policy question: One of Donald Drumpf's few actual stated policy goals is repatriation of money stored offshore by American companies, untaxed. He's offering to let companies bring it into the American system with a one-time jubilee of a 10% tax on repatriated money.

Ignoring the fact that these companies currently are enjoying a 0% jubilee since they are doing fine not being taxed at all, what on Earth could the fascist yam do to enforce this?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

This is not the pivot I expected

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

vyelkin posted:

iirc Trump is polling at 1% among African Americans and is in fourth place behind Clinton, Johnson, and Stein.

He's only in fourth place because they didn't add Harambe to the poll.

then he'd be 5th

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

illcendiary posted:

Incredibly strong troll game from Cards Against Humanity:

https://www.facebook.com/CardsAgainstHumanity/posts/10157220252780696

Comments are actually worth reading for the sheer number of butthurt people warning CAH that they won't be getting their business any longer!!

the people who like CAH and think it's even a game rather than a thinly-veiled racism-enabler are human garbage and the sooner they're excised from the board gaming community the better.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Dexo posted:

I'm bored so I'll engage. What's racist about Black people?

"Black People" is one of the 'answer' cards. Meaning, someone plays an offensive mad-lib, like "The only thing I hate more than ______ is Mondays!" and you play 'black people'

And it's oh-so-funny.

Because you see, there is nothing funnier than a phrase weighted with hundreds of years of continuous, torturous oppression and literal chattel slavery.

The rest of the deck is 'Same thing, but for literally every group that isn't straight white male boardgame designers'

The whole thrust of the game is it gives you cover to express your racist/transphobic/sexist beliefs, and hide under a veil of dead-baby and holocaust jokes.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Popular Thug Drink posted:

the game allows you to make fun of heteronormativity and white privilige as well

just because a game is stupidly transgressive doesn't mean it's the sole domain of cishet white men, this is the kind of empty posturing that discredits leftism by reflexively tarring "thing i dont like" as "bastion of whiteness"
I spend a good deal of my time volunteering at a game store, one which is a registered Safe Space and fosters inclusion and has worked hard to chase out the young white libertarian shithead male demo that makes games stores (and hobby gaming in general) hostile to women and minorities. The people who still come in and play CAH in the cafe are the worst humans on the planet without exception. CAH has lasting appeal only to racists/everything-else-ists, and if someone says they love it, that's a huge red flag.

Zerilan posted:

The same people that use CAH as a veil to make racist jokes are people who are people who are going to do the same during any other social activity.
Yeah, so maybe giving them a vehicle to distill down and/or get others to engage or normalize that poo poo is A Bad Thing.

I mean, there's no excuse for "A Poorly-Disguised Tranny" to exist, yet there it is in CAH, like that's an acceptable punchline. (to Max's credit, they took that out of future printings, but it still was printed)

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 11, 2016

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I now legit need to see the presidential candidates play catan.... or BSG :awesomelon:

Dirt posted:

I haven't played card games since Magic as a teenager. . Someone tell me how racist magic is/was plz
WELP

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Popular Thug Drink posted:

this is something that bugs me about the internet. everyone wants to demonstrate that they are the most connected, the most up to date, the closest they can be to what is currently happening right now that they'll immediately repeat a rumor or bad source hoping it turns into some kind of scoop. you can see it itt every once in a while where someone will be all "OMG SHOOTING AT THE TRI-STATE MALL ITS MASS MURDER ALL OVER AGAIN" and then after an hour with nothing happening it turns out it was just some fight reported badly on the local news twitter

Trust Me, I'm Lying is a great book about this, and how to manipulate it to make you money*

*with a tiny caveat that you should really, really not actually do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Ignoring 2020, since anyone who runs against 4 more years of mi abuela gets what they deserve, will 8 years be long enough to keep the petty fascists from just doing it again? What's to stop someone like a true-believer terrible person like say Laura Ingraham from Trumping her way into the nomination?

• Locked thread