Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

eshock posted:

We had HDMI switch chat a few pages ago--is there anything in particular to look out for in an S-Video switch?

This is the first google result, would it be an OK choice for some retro consoles in a commercial Trinitron crt? https://www.amazon.com/C2G-Cables-28750-Composite-Selector/dp/B0032ANC8M

A few pages back, but I use this Svideo switch https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Z7KJT8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks like it has gone up in price since I purchased it. You should be OK with any that has decent reviews though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Atomic Purple FTW. I wasn't keen on it at the time but still used my Atomic Purple N64 controller because I figured I should wear it out before using my gray controller, well it is still 100% functional almost 19 years later. Now I like the color and even got the Atomic Purple GBC and installed a front light mod. I wish I got the Atomic Purple looking GB Boy Colour instead of the green one I have.

Also, I have been watching Classic Game Room/Lord Karnage's videos for awhile now but just recently picked up Earth Defense Force 4.1 for my PS4 and 2017 for my Vita, and I am hooked (all that waiting I did for No Man's Sky and instead of playing that I am shooting ants). EDF! EDF! Maybe I should look into playing Truxton as well...

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

2 questions:
1) for modding the Xbox, if I just install a new drive and softmod that, any reason to do the data transfer from the old drive? Or do I need to softmod first and then upgrade the hdd? Basically do I need to buy the molex y-cable?

2) So I have my PSone hooked up to my PVM for RGB. Is there any issue with leaving the small PSone LCD screen attached? Will it reduce the quality going to my PVM? I am debating on disconnecting it anyway to keep the hours on it low since it is always on even when attached to a TV (I wish they turned it off the an AV cable is connected).

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

Apparently of all things it's the "Game" mode of my TV that's causing my N64 visual glitch :psyduck: The problem went away as soon as I connected the thing to another monitor/TV, and anything I tried on the original TV (XRGB, S-Video, even Composite!) had the issue. But setting it to something like "Standard" instead of "Game fixes that...at the expense of a lot more input lag which kind of really blows.

Are there any sub settings in the game mode that could help? Or maybe things you can turn off in other modes to get the lag down? That is weird.

What is the glitch again?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Kramdar posted:

Seriously though. By the time you find the right box and proper packing materials, you're best bet is eBay. Unless you need the money yesterday, just put it up as a buy it now for 30 days, and offer shipping to Canada. Get accurate weight for shipping and and have it set as calculated. It'll sell.

Edit: I hate selling my video games, but I have so many bills nowadays. But I have learned from my mom for years about selling antiques. And I know exactly what to do to get every dollar outta eBay. I'm sure a few others on here do too. No OBO either.

Ya, seriously. Just doing a quick Completed Listing search on eBay for the X'Eye, there was one that sold in box for ~$600 shipped, I think it was an auction as well. The questions on it were asking about the foam inserts (which he said he did not have) and the box was like an 8/10 or so cosmetically. So listing it at a reasonable BIN price compared to that listing could get it moved semi-quickly.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

The Joe Man posted:

Packing's not a problem. I have several giant empty boxes from Amazon and a ton of packing paper, airbags, etc...from when I used to sell my games. Problem with Ebay is that I literally don't have the time for that either. When I originally signed up and requested to increase my limit, they sent me like a "fraud test" or something and asked me questions about who I know and what year my old car was or something but all their "answers" were wrong (multiple choice) so I somehow failed my own test. Called them up to see what the hell and since they weren't willing to help me (even though I offered to send them proof), I told them to gently caress off. So I'm pretty sure my Ebay limit is $500. This is even after I had a professional business account with PayPal.

Regarding time, rent needs to be paid by the 3rd at the absolute latest so it needs to be bought in time for it to transfer from PayPal to my bank account (so that'd be like the 31st but gently caress that's close).

It's just lovely since I have a huge audio job coming up in (hopefully) a few weeks and some other smaller gigs but if I lose my place, that goes out the window. A lot of poo poo goes out the window.

(I'm throwing the X'Eye out the window)

I'd be hounding that roommate for rent. Even with a job change, they are responsible for paying the rent or finding a replacement roommate. If that roommate was officially on the lease, maybe you can talk with your landlord/rental company about how you were left high and dry and get an extension without a late charge (or drop it on a credit card). Heck, some will take Paypal so you may not have to wait for the transfer back to your bank.

I'd still work on selling the X'Eye just so you have that money in savings for the future. A month's expenses in savings is more important than Saturn games.

Otherwise, maybe Craigslist, Offer Up or the like in your area may have a retro gamer lurking around that may want the X'Eye.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 30, 2016

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Castle of Illusion HD is being delisted at the end of the week (September 2), go buy that poo poo if you have any interest in playing it ever again. (It's on X360, PS3, PC and mobile, PC's the only version with 60FPS.)

Ya, it was a free game on PSN a year or two ago. It is also $3.74 on PSN until 8/31 and $14.99 on Steam (not available on GoG). That is weird the rights or whatever are lapsing for them to delist it. I probably will have PS+ for the foreseeable future, will just make sure I play it before cancelling PS+, ha.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

I know Wii was last gen, but whatever. Does anyone know if there ever was a Hylian shield skin or anything sold for the Wii nunchuck? I know there was a gold crested one for club Nintendo in Japan. But I mean an actual Hylian shield looking one. The super nerd in me thinks that would be cool. I'm not artistic enough to airbrush or paint a nunchuck to look like one either. Would go great with the gold Zelda Wiimote.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

MrSlam posted:

I'm thinking of getting rid of our ancient TV to replace with a slick HDTV. Problem is I'm also thinking of getting into retro-gaming.

Is the Retron 5 worth it or should I just hold onto an old TV to play Chrono-Trigger on?

I hope the answer isn't 'Go read the OP you jerk'

If you already have carts, I like my retron 5. Otherwise an emulator setup like your laptop or Raspberry Pi are good option. Apparently a hacked PS TV is good too. Wii virtual console is ok as well if you have a Wii

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

widespread posted:

Would it be sane to just grab a CRT because of how anything up to PSX games looks amaze balls on one?

To sum up everyone's answers... yes, get one. Preferable a Sony Trinitron or comparable model for other brands. Just make sure it is a SDtv and not one of the later "HD" CRTs since they don't do 240p as well. Really look for something with s-video and component to get the best from all systems, however most CRTs <20" didn't have component. It was definitely worth tipping the thrift store guy $5 to help shove the 27" 100lbs Trinitron in the front seat of my Mustang and then lugging it into my house unbeknownst to my wife. Made me mad that I ever sold my CRT TVs back in 2007-2008 once I had everything hooked up.

I have everything up to and including PS2/Xbox/GC hooked up to my CRT and anything newer on my HDtv's.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

widespread posted:

Point taken. I'll try to thrift store raid in the near future. Having a job isn't too kind on me let's say.

Ya, I went on a saturday and happened to catch Goodwill's 50% off day. so I got the TV, a stand, a Gamecube, and some PS2 games for like $50.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

So I went a little bit nuts-o this past week and decided to try FF7 out on all the forms I have it in (well, I didn't try my PS4 version because it is upstairs and everything else was downstairs). Here is my ranking of quality:
- PSone hooked up to my 14" PVM via RGB, looked amazing
- PC version (the higher resolution update, not original PC release, the PS4 release would be comparable)
- PSP-3001 playing the PS store download
- PS Vita 2000 playing the PS store download
- PS2 playing my spare physical copy on my Trinitron via component (though PS1 hooked up via s-video to the trinitron looked better and brighter, it was dark and kinda blocky on the PS2)
- PS3 playing the PS store download (looked really bad, which was surprising because the MyLifeInGaming guys made it sound like that was the 2nd best way to play PS1 games after RGB PS1 via a framemeister, and it looked horrible unless I had some settings off, I have tolerated playing PS1 games on my PS3 for years but the side by side comparisons were night and day).

Having 6 screens with FF7 going at once and playing to the first save point was kinda interesting. If playing a RGB PS1 via framemeister looks at least 80% as nice as my 14" PVM... it is a definitely worth it over just playing PS1 games via PS3. Again, unless I had some settings off that I do not know about, but the colors looked kinda washed out and the picture was block with absolutely no upscaling at all. I did have the smoothing on in the PS3 and messed with the different screen sizes and nothing looked remotely good.

I originally played FF7 on the PC back in 1998, and seeing it on my PVM via RGB from the PSone has been the best that it has looked since playing on the family PC back in day on a 13" crt monitor.

Since I don't have a Framemesiter, I was considering doing some gameplay capture of PS1 games via my PS3 for a video review I want to do of all the 007 games. However, now I may just do my PSone via s-video as that may look even better. will have to test it out unless anyone has any hints for making PS1 games look better on the PS3. Or maybe disks look better than the PS store downloads of PSone classics?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

widespread posted:

Like, I do have a GC allllll the way back from 2001-2002. But like, it's probably in my best interests to at least get newish controllers, if not outright replacing it. Been inactive for quite a while, so it might have degraded noticeably?

Also yes, do splurge on Goodwill's 50% Off days. Most of the time the goods still work well.

eh, I'd try them out first, they are probably still fine as long as they weren't stored with the analog sticks being smushed in a direction rather than being at neutral. My N64 controllers are still 100% to this day and they are way more fragile than GC controllers were.

The GC itself is probably fine, I would think the disc drive would die out from overuse more than no use... but you never know. If it is dead and you don't have any use for the Gameboy Player on the GC, then getting an original Wii with GC backwards compatibility for the 480p on a newer TV is probably better anyway.

I only had a PS2 during that era but had a GC for awhile before finding the one that thrift store. It just had the digital out port and the one I had prior was A/V out only, so I picked it up for the future whenever BadAssConsoles figures out the plug and play component/HDMI options for the GC.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Sep 2, 2016

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

The only ones that were surprising to me were Gran Turismo, Nintendogs and Wii Play.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Wizgot posted:

I want to mod my gameboy pocket by back lighting it and installing a bivert chip. I have found these easily on Hand Held Legend although they are out of back light kits currently. What I really want is A GBP glass screen without the power light indicator. They have them with it but my GBP doesn't have one.

So they only have glass screens with power light indicator holes? You could black it out I guess, though It would look fine even if you don't have an LED, it just won't be illuminated. Otherwise, you could just install your own LED. Or, maybe you could put a little film or use a marker to put a small dot over the LED window so the backlight may bleed enough to illuminate that.

Glass screens are a must.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

Wii Play sold an absurd number of copies. Yeah it was a pack it, but it was a pack in that was moving systems like mad so I think it's fair to talk about it that way. When it comes to best selling games of all time it's essentially Super Mario Bros, Wii Play, Tetris (especially Game Boy Tetris), and Minecraft (which I guess doesn't count in the clickbaiter's eyes).

Ya, the whole pack-in game thing is what made it weird to me. I'd try to find some way to weight that into the "sales" numbers.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Weird. This weekend I got a mystery package from the Netherlands (some Postbus 7040 return address, which is apparently a PO Box), no company name and only "Candy" as a signature on the customs form. In it contained 3 batteries that are 3.7v 720mAh spec and with some tinkering could be replacement batteries for Gameboy Micros size-wise. I have no memory of ordering them, no charges that I would associate with them on my credit cards, paypal, eBay, Amazon, etc. Nothing in any of my email inboxes. The ship date was apparently August 3 and I posted in this thread on August 4 the "Making Electronics" Gameboy Micro battery upgrade link.

This is weird as gently caress. I have no memory of ordering them. Well, I will keep them aside for a few weeks to see if I am contacted. I guess I could have ordered them at some point though I can't find any evidence of it, but it is possible they were sent to me by mistake. The only clues I could find about this Postbus 7040 address were some scam complaints about people ordering shoes/glasses/etc. and getting cheap chinese knock-offs mailed from that Postbus address. So my assumption is they are some middleman for items being shipped from China or something.

Well, if I hear or find nothing, I guess they are mine to keep and I may try doing the GB Micro battery swap to see if they are any better and have longer battery life. Though my current battery is just fine.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

al-azad posted:

If you haven't already you should probably check your bank statements from last month.

I looked through them all going back to june (checking, savings, credit cards, paypal), as well as my Amazon and eBay histories. I was worried this is part of some scam to confirm my info for a bigger scam, but I dunno. Didn't see anything that stood out.

My current assumption is I missed a charge even though I looked through each 3 times, or I ordered something from Amazon or eBay that came from China, and the same seller accidentally used my info for someone else's order and it just went through a middleman in the Netherlands.

Since I posted that link about making your own GB Micro battery replacement/upgrade around the same time this was shipped... maybe I did order one in a late night stupor and just missed the corresponding charge on my accounts.

Anyway, I posted to mention that GB Micro battery replacement. So if no new info on these comes up in a month or so for these since I have no idea how to return it without a company name (and I am not paying to ship it back out of my pocket), I may try the swap to see if it works. Then if anyone needs a new battery for their GB Micro, I'll have 2 extras.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

That would be a crazy coincidence that you were just talking about GBA Micro batteries and a couple came to your home. Is it possible you added them to your cart by accident, and then went and ordered something else from that site, forgetting that the other items were in your basket? Either that or another goon who knows you in real life saw you post about them and sent them to you.

Ya, that is very true. Though I have no financial records of it anywhere and can't think of any gift cards I used. All the goons I know in real life are not on this thread and are cheap.

I actually was laying in bed last night and was thinking of looking for a battery charging circuit and trying to use them in my GBA and my GBC in order to save on AA batteries. I pulled up these and think they may work. I'm pretty sure these 3.7V batteries usually charge up to 4.2V but drop pretty quick down to operating voltage. I just need to confirm that and that they can handle 1000mA, and I'm pretty sure the over discharge of 2.5V minimum is adequate to keep them alive. But it is about the length of the batteries so if I can hot glue the board to the battery I may be able to get it where I can just take off the battery cover of my GBC/GBA and charge via micro-USB, but still have it be able to be put back to AA batteries if desired.

edit: though these are Lipo batteries meant to be used in RC/drone applications. Not sure how Lipo batteries will deal compared to Li-ion since they are usually meant for higher discharge/power operations. I would definitely not have ordered these seeing as they are Lipo... so no idea how I got them. Oh well... more research into using Lipo in place of AA batteries.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 6, 2016

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Star Man posted:

I have never played on a Dreamcast. I'm really in no hurry to either.

PS2 4 lyfe

GT3 A-Spec and GT4... now those are amazing racing games, and my top 2 favorite racing games.

I respect the Dreamcast, just not enough games I enjoy that weren't ported or cross-released elsewhere to justify keeping a spot under my TV for it (or money going towards games for it). Then again, I am not a huge arcade game guy.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Sep 10, 2016

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

I may live in some kind of bizarre wonderland, but I've never had an N64 in my possession that had any stick dysfunction. Like, I've only ever seen it in the wild. Is this because I did not own Smash/WWF No Mercy/Mario Party? Or is there a different series of games that turned those things to poo poo and I just missed it somehow?

Those games must be it because I didn't play those games back in the day and all 3 of my controllers are still 100%, I'm sure there are other games as well. Heck, I think my wife said they used to play Mario Party growing up and the gold N64 controller she brought to the marriage is 100% as well.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You should really marry someone for more than their sweet blinging retro videogame controllers.

Nonsense...

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Yes, they got banned.

Banned for selling them? Is that an issue?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

The Joe Man posted:

So SegaAge actually worked out surprisingly. A couple posters were giving me poo poo for not having any posts in their forums (and I didn't care to respond) but some random girl saw my post when looking for a cool gift for her brother and shot me an email. They turned out to be local! Sold the X'Eye for $800 and obviously didn't even have to pay for shipping.

WHEW

Wow, I love my siblings, but I would have to be a lot more well off to drop $800 on one, like a paid off house and college fund(s) for my kid(s) already financed.

Anyways glad you got that sold and hope you weren't evicted during the wait.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Tales of Phantasia (GBA).... is it worth playing before others in the series? I am playing Hearts R now on my Vita and really enjoying it, so deciding which one to play next. I have Symphonia Chronicles on the PS3 as well as the Xillia and Xillia 2, plus Zestiria on the PS4 (caught a lot of deals in recent months). Been trying to track down Tales of the Abyss on PS2 and/or 3DS for cheap.

I am leaning towards Symphonia or Phantasia next. Suggestions?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

ChaosArgate posted:

If you're going to play Phantasia, do yourself a favor and don't play the GBA version. That's straight up the worst version of the game. Play one of the fan ptranslated PS1 versions instead. It's a huuuuuuge step back from Hearts R though, so if you have any interest in playing it, you may wanna go Abyss -> Symphonia -> Phantasia to wean yourself off of some of the newer quality-of-life stuff.

al-azad posted:

I want to say "no" because Destiny does that game better and practically every other Tales games one ups them as well. But if you're going to play it then do it before you get too deep in the series.

Awesome, thanks. I already have the GBA version, but I'll just knock it down the list.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

fishmech posted:

Yeah the main reason I ask if it's broken is because nothing else trips the same way, and otherwise the only thing that gets affected is the lights dim momentarily when the AC kicks on.. The 360 and Xbox One don't have any issues handling the momentary drop and surge.

Is there something cheap that could smooth it out, like some sort of low capacity UPS? Or maybe a third party Xbox power supply that doesn't trip so fast?

Turn the AC off and use a fan... jk.

A UPS is worth a shot, just turn off the beep/alarm so that isn't going off every so often whenever it has to kick on. Though the voltage drop/spike detection may not be sensitive enough, so make sure you look in to see how quickly and when the battery kicks in. They make line stabilizers you can connect to your AC system, or main line for the whole apartment, that helps with fluctuating voltages. Something you could bring up with your landlord and say that it is damaging your electronics/devices in your house (which it is if they keep getting hit with voltage drops and spikes), maybe they'd install something.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

I AM THE TOILET posted:

I miss my hacked PSP. Played the Mother 3 translation on it while waiting at the laundromat. Dunno why I got rid of it.

What are some must plays on the PSP?

Not sure what games you like, so here is a variety of games that I have decided to keep for my PSP:
- PS1 classics (your favorites)
- FF7 Crisis Core
- FF4 complete
- FF3 (digital only in NA)
- FF1 and FF2 remakes
- FF Tactics
- Lunar Silver Star Harmony
- Half Minute Hero
- P3P
- 007 From Russia with Love
- GTA Liberty City Stories
- GTA Vice City Stories
- Star Wars Battlefront games
- Star Wars Force Unleashed
- Killzone Liberation
- Little Big Planet
- God of War games
- The Warriors
- PowerStone Collection
- Gran Turismo
- Motorstorm Arctic Edge
- Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
- Ratchet & Clank

I'm trying to get my hands on the Ys games as well

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Sep 18, 2016

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

mariooncrack posted:

So I've been listening to a lot of old retronauts episodes and now I want to go back and play some old Playstation games.

What is the best play to PS1 games on a HDTV? I have a slim PS2 and the smaller, redesigned PS1. I was thinking about just getting a component cable for the PS2.

Check out MyLifeInGaming's video on getting the best picture from your PS1 games. I think PS1 RGB + Framemeister, PS3, PSPgo connected to TV w/DS3, PStv, PS2 via component, etc.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

PS3 playing back Ps1 will give you weird graphics for transparency effects, because some of those used the interlacing as a cheat.

I saw this a lot when I replayed Lunar/Lunar2.

There are also some quality differences using disk vs download. But if you don't have a framemeister or other decent upscaler, it is your best bet on a HD TV. Plus, it does better with games that switch between 240p/480i than a framemeister/upscaler would.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Jumpingmanjim posted:

What retro console should I install in my new car?

Vectrex

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Elliotw2 posted:

Actually a lot of TV's don't really let you change the aspect ratio on HDMI, since for 90% of cases it's safe to assume it's a widescreen aware source. My Samsung will let me do it, but none of the Vizio TV's I've used do.

Ya, my Samsung allows me to chose the aspect ratio. My Vizio outsputs whatever signal in its native ratio and I can choose to have it stretch/zoom/wide. But if it's 4:3, then it outputs 4:3.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

al-azad posted:

Hercules is actually better than like half of Capcom's Disney games.

Toy Story 2 wasn't all that bad either, sometimes it's fun to play those low expectation games.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

mateo360 posted:

any responses that don't involve making a :filez: setup? I still want to use my cartridges.

I like the Retron5. With the current firmware I don't have any compatibility issues. Using original hardware with RGB mods and a quality upscaler would be better but that costs a few times the cost of the Retron. The supplied controller sucks for anything other than RPG's, I just got a SNES extension cable and use a SNES controller, yes even for Genesis games since I'm not a fan of the Genesis controller... BRING THE HATE. If you already have carts, get it. If not, emulate. If downloading roms weirds you out, Virtual Console or game collections on newer consoles are the way to go.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

I preordered Pat Contri's Ultimate Guide to the NES Library book and it arrived today. So I will be flipping through that tonight while watching the douche bag and turd sandwich go at each other.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Turbinosamente posted:

Side question that has nothing to do with anything, what are the good games on Gameboy Color specifically? I've been going through my collection lately and noticed that I have very few GBC games, roughly 8 or so, if I do not include black cart Gameboy games. Is this why GBC is lumped in with regular old GB? I'm having trouble thinking of a smash hit clear cart GBC game that isn't Pokemon Crystal.

Dragon Warrior 1-2, Dragon Warrior 3, Dragon Warrior/Quest Monsters, Zelda Oracle games, Link's Awakening DX, the Star Wars Pod Racing game is ok but takes a bit to get the controls down (has neat rumble feature).

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Ineffiable posted:

How is it? I pre-ordered one but it was later after the Kickstarter so I have no idea when it'll come. Quality is good? Great color on pages?

It seems good so far from the little that I skimmed through it. Good quality pages, the color seems decent, not overly vibrant. It's laid out as 2 reviews per page in 2 columns. At the top they have a picture of the cart and a box with the title, year, developer and star rating. Then a description of the game below that, and then a blurb from a reviewer or two (either Pat, Ian or someone else who may have a special connection to the game) that gives a personal opinion, anecdote or other note on the game.

It's neat, definitely a coffee table book, not too in depth or anything. Though I think there is some other stuff in there besides the reviews, but I didn't get around to that yet.

I ordered mine after the kickstarter too, so you may get yours soon. It's really heavy so they shipped via media mail.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 27, 2016

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Holy crap, I decided to just play 10 minutes of Tales of Phantasia on the GBA, and the slowdown/speed in battles is horrible. Feels so sluggish and is easy to get ahead of your actual action. Not really going to sit down and play through it (about to go on vacation, so will be playing DQ7 on my 2DS), but kinda makes me reluctant to play that over my other GBA rpgs. May play some Golden Sun first instead.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

I will probably get a NES Classic Edition as well. I have all but 4-5 games and only really care about getting 2 of those (StarTropics and Bubble Bobble). So I don't really need it, but then again, I don't really need most of the crap I have. The cable length does kinda worry me a bit, I'm too old to be sitting on a floor just to get close enough to a 55" tv... poo poo, maybe I just talked myself out of it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Phantasium posted:

It... it still happens guys don't give up on your search.

Are you supposed to pair it with the composite cables?

for audio, use a composite or s-vdeo cable in the AVout jack

It will never happen for me... still waiting on the plug-n-play gcvideo option to be designed and released as announced in the spring

• Locked thread