Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What is the best Nintendo 64 colour?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
"Which Nintendo 64 colour represents your sex life?" would be a good cosmo quiz.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I can't read the thread on my machine, is there a PAL version?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/08/feature_unboxing_the_super_famicom_new_nintendo_3ds_xl

Hmmm sexy.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

And that is how you unlock Luigi.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Got this today:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I've always wished someone from Rare would dish on where that one went off the rails.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
28,000 Yen on amazon jp. I hope it comes to the west.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Schremp Howard posted:

This topic has probably been beaten to death, but is there a reason no third party has been able to make component cables for the Gamecube? I play most of the games on my Wii which is hooked up via component, but I would love to get the Gameboy Player to look even better.

Lookup the gcvideo.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Belle Isle Tech posted:

About 20 years ago I had a game guide that covered Zelda 1 and 2 and A Link to the Past (it might have had a section for Link's Awakening too but I can't recall clearly.) For the life of me I cannot find it no matter what words I throw into Google. I have an irrational urge to find that book immediately and read it again but I can't find it :( Can someone please help me find it?

Was it a nintendo power one?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
While we are looking for strategy guides, I am looking for a strategy guide for Pokemon Red and Blue that took the form of a newspaper about the protagonists adventures through the various towns/cities. It may have been in Nintendo Power and it was definitely an official thing.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Speaking of Goldeneye, version 5 of the goldeneye source mod just came out and has got heaps of players. You don't even need to own Half Life 2 to play it.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Man the prices on ebay for Nintendo 64 games are depressing. Think i'll just get an Everdrive.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Gio posted:

Would you happen to know of a subreddit that could connect me to some locals in Metro Detroit? :allears:

I wouldn't know where to start looking.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fallout

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
You guys should repro a life.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Wizgot posted:

I'm flying to Spain tomorrw and was planning on taking my SNES. Has anyone had problems with putting games in their luggage. Stuff getting stolen?

:clint: You better not be bringing NTSC games into a PAL country

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Don't ROMs load a lot quicker on the SD2SNES?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

I'm probably going to regret going down this rabbit hole but are there any other vendors that do the UltraHDMI work besides RetroFixes and BadAssConsoles?

I think the gcvideo can also work with a nintendo 64.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Election time would be a good time to release Socks the Cat Rocks the hill hint hint.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Alleged 'would-be' IS fighter likened death in conflict to Super Mario shortcut, court told

A Melbourne man accused of trying to flee Australia by boat to fight for Islamic State said dying and going to paradise would be like taking a shortcut in a Super Mario video game, a court has heard.

Paul Dacre, 31, has been denied bail after police told the Melbourne Magistrates Court they held grave concerns he would commit a terrorist attack if released.

The Epping man is one of five accused of towing a boat from Melbourne to far north Queensland in May with the intent of sailing overseas to fight with the Islamic State group.

They are each charged with making preparations for incursions into foreign countries for the purpose of engaging in hostile activities.

Dacre a 'grave threat', court told

Federal agent Jake Samson told the court police now believed the group was planning to travel to the southern Philippines to fight with militant groups aligned with Islamic State.

He said police had covertly recorded Dacre telling a friend he was intent on travelling to a conflict zone, likening it to advancing in a video game.

"We should be over there fighting. If we die ... that is like an instant ticket to paradise," he allegedly said.

"It's a shortcut ... it's like in Mario there's a thing you can get a whistle and you can go to another area immediately, it's like that."
In an affidavit tendered to the court, agent Samson said Dacre posed a grave threat to the community.

"It is likely the applicant considers that he is under an obligation in accordance with his extremist ideology, to commit acts of terrorism or violence within the Australian community," he said.

"The desire to travel to a conflict zone ... further indicates that the applicant is willing to put his life at risk for his extremist beliefs."

But defence lawyer Charlie Atlas told the court Dacre no longer held extremist views, if he ever did.

"The police in this case are embellishing," he said.

"He's needed at home for his own family, he's not a danger."

But the magistrate found Dacre's case did not constitute exceptional circumstances and denied his application for bail.

He was sent back to protective custody and will return to court later this month.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-01/man-charged-over-alleged-boat-escape-plot-refused-bail/7806762

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Is there anyone out there that collects nintendo starlight hospital consoles?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Discount Viscount posted:

really fighting games peaked with Ed Ballz.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Soul Glo posted:

It's ok, you can play PSO on a GameCube or PC.

Dynamite Cop never showed up anywhere else did it? Every four months or so I get an itch to buy a Dreamcast and a copy of Dynamite Cop.

That controller is the hottest of garbage, though.

What's PSO like these days?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Instead of an engagement ring, give a gold N64 Controller.

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Sep 11, 2016

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Was there a goon that used to offer FreeMcBoot Memory Cards on SA Mart?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

azurite posted:

Cross-posting from the NES thread in GBS:

:gonk:

Also works for cunnilingus.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What retro console should I install in my new car?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

RZA Encryption posted:

I love things like this. I wonder if it just had like an SP motherboard with a special display adapter inside.

And all for the low low price of $1299 USD.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

OSI bean dip posted:

Overall I am happy and it does keep me from wanting to buy a $300 Framemeister.

No it doesn't ;)

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
My wife loves the Retron 5.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GQ02nXQQiM

It's sooooo KAWAIIIIII~~~

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Nope, but a used gamecube is cheap and you can solder in your own USA-JAP switch.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
No mention of Blood Wake, the best (and probably only) boat shooting game?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Freedom Fighters - Loved that game, especially how your base would expand as you went through the game.

The Splinter Cell Games

Amped

Halo and Halo 2 (obviously)

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I hope Byuu can afford the meds he so desperately needs.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

xamphear posted:

but apparently the brains behind the device and code is cybdyn. A few days ago cybdyn posts something vague and poorly communicated (he's not a native English speaker)

I know he is Australian but that is a bit harsh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/MEGA-LOT-OF-OVER-600LBS-OF-GAME-CONSOLES-33870086.html

• Locked thread