Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I got like halfway through Mario's Picross on my everdrive gba and all the progress on my save got deleted. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

FireMrshlBill posted:

Its picross, probably would be one of the least devastating save loses since there are never enough picross puzzles. Also, didn't know there was a mario picross on gba, need to check it out.

It's the original GB one, sorry to disappoint. I think maybe I cut the power too quick after finishing a puzzle last night. I'm just going to play all the levels again, but I was looking forward to getting to the really difficult ones!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I'm looking at getting a SNES since I've never actually owned one. Why are there a million super famicoms on ebay? This seems like a scam.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I'll definitely be going the flash cart route if I manage to snag a snes for a price I'm comfortable with. I've had an everdrive gba x5 for about a month and I love it.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Actually it looks like the super everdrive and sd2snes both work on jp systems... anyone here have hands-on experience with that?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

So I won one of the super famicom auctions I mentioned a couple days ago...

Looking at getting a SD2SNES cart now. :retrogames:

Is this compatibility list up to date? https://sd2snes.de/blog/compatibility

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Any recommendations for a Super Famicom AC adapter, playing in the US? I found some 3rd party Japanese ones and I think I have a plug adapter around here somewhere, but I've also seen that a Genesis model 1 AC adapter works as well.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I liked the tiny open world areas in Sonic Adventure because it always seemed like there was some mysterious poo poo hidden somewhere that I wasn't figuring out. Like you can steal a chao egg from that store in the city. There's a huge empty forest for some reason.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

anothergod posted:

Been struggling to figure out how to get real Gamecube controllers working on PC. Has anyone here had any experience getting either

1) The official Wii U Gamecube to USB converter
2) The Mayflash Gamecube to USB adapter

To work on PC? I think my specific use case needs 1 to be further converted to XInput like x360ce?

I have the Mayflash adapter. It has a switch on the back: I believe it is directinput rather than xinput, but it works perfectly with Dolphin, which is the only thing I've used it for on the PC.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I know people have mentioned it here, but if you have any love for 16-bit sonic games, or even Chaotix, you owe it to yourself to get Sonic Mania on whatever modern platform you have. It is literally the Sonic 4 we have all been waiting for since 1994

I'd love to but they delayed the version I preordered!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

financially racist posted:

i bought a super famicom and started importing sfc games because american snes game prices are so fuckin stupid right now, just do that

I bought a sfc last month, shipped, from japan, for under $20. The price differences are crazy.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I also made this purchase because I've never owned a SNES and the SFC was less expensive.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

FireMrshlBill posted:

I may just ebay Super Mario RPG and call it a day. Or bite the bullet on a SD2SNES.

Just in case you don't know, SMRPG is one of the few games the SD2SNES can't play: https://sd2snes.de/blog/compatibility

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

What's a good RPG on the Dreamcast?

skies of arcadia for turn based
phantasy star online for action

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I have an N64 that powers on but doesn't output audio or video. I've tested all the cables with a functioning N64 and all that so I'm confident the issue is internal. Anyone know what the most common culprit would be? Trying to decide if it's worth my time to repair myself or if I should just sell it for parts/repair.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

By far the most common culprit is that drat expansion pack. Even if you don't have extended memory, there's still electronics in there and it comes loose all the time and makes the system not do anything. Pop it out, scrub the connectors, and try again.

jesus it doesn't even have a jumper pack

guess I figured out problem #1 - thank you all for sharing your knowledge

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

There are still a shitload of flash carts being sold on ebay - I got an sd2snes and mega everdrive on there.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Anyone here have a GDEMU? I'm looking to mess around with my old dreamcast and this thing looks very easy to install but a pain in the rear end to actually use.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Alucardd posted:

I have one and it's pretty great. It is easier to use than what the instructions would imply. There is a menu ISO (GDmenu:http://www.mediafire.com/download/xb9of8cgqophx35/GDmenu_v0.6(24-08-2016).zip) that can load at the beginning and gives you a full GUI menu. There is also an app that builds the SD card with ease that does the folder and file formatting for you here: https://assemblergames.com/threads/unofficial-deunans-gdemu-thread.57247/. In addition in the OP of that thread is a script that lets you shrink ISOs down to squeeze as much as you can. I have nearly the entire US library outside of a few sports games on a 128GB SD card.

nice, thank you for sharing that info

Tree Dude posted:

Is there any place to get a gdemu right now or do I need to wait for preorders to open up again?

not that I've seen, think we gotta wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

falz posted:

Also no one is saying Sonic CD? I agree w that silence.

The Kins posted:

What are some cool Sega CD games that aren't Sonic or SNATCHER?

c'mon man

• Locked thread