Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AgentF
May 11, 2009

ScreamingLlama posted:

I pwnt you all by hijacking August and you're trying to hide your butthurt by continuing to antagonize me even though antagonism is what started this thread in the first place.

I don't see how - we've let dickheads make Auspol threads in the past. You're not the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Agreed. This is a test case for China throwing their weight around and they're using it to basically annex huge areas of ocean that they are distant from and that they have no real claim to. Instead of trying to have this arbitrated they just came right in with force and started setting up military bases in the area. This behaviour is old school imperialism and has to be opposed before it becomes established as an acceptable way for China to act. In this case they are very clearly in the wrong.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Lookit dis poo poo. They claim areas that are beyond Vietnam from where they are. They claim areas that come practically to the coast of Malaysia and Brunei but are extremely distant from their own coasts. There is no basis to any of these claims except for an old map they dug out of somewhere and can't explain to anyone where it came from.

This isn't a case of being reasonable. It's a gross claim that can't possibly be justified and the fact that they're trying to press it with military force can't be defended. This is awful, awful behaviour.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

I thought "tired and emotional" was journalist-code for "drunk".

AgentF
May 11, 2009
I don't mind Labor putting their own bill through first. Fine. Still happy if it gets it debated in parliament.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Be still cat

AgentF
May 11, 2009

The perfect carrots for making some juche

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Seems pretty clear cut that Bandt should've been around but wasn't. Let's not be so in love with the Greens that we fail to be able to properly evaluate things anymore. Being ready for surprise lower house wins should now be part of Bandt's responsibilities as a Greens MP.

• Locked thread