Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

nice meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

At least you'll be able to tell your grandkids that you were let into Australia by a potato.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

It all started with the sudden 'disappearance' of Harold Halt in 1967...

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

Just put some punctuation in; between your-name so the government can't get information on you, the living soul

I'm John Smith, representing the legal entity JOHN SMITH.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Redcordial posted:

Urghh I'm so tired of seeing/hearing people talk about such trivialities as Political Correctness and SJW's.. Luckily only a few people that I know are stupid enough to regurgitate this poo poo.

It's always the same people, and they just can't seem to get over whatever internal conflict it is that pushes them to communicate their frustrations with the world, on a daily basis.
I know it's a manifestation of multiple thought processes and behavioural traits and tendencies, but to think that loving SJW's and PC Gone Mad are worthy of your utmost attention is loving skewed.

I'm just ranting, so feel free to ignore me, but if I don't vent after a long day of classes and group work I will forever be bitter at this cruel world..

Hearing the ridiculous pejorative of SJW is like the new I'm Not A Racist, But.. of indicating someone is about to poo poo out of their mouth. gently caress anyone who uses SJW as a serious label, especially as a pejorative, loving neoliberals....

who knew that ljdrama has become a political force to be reckoned with.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

You need to have at least 80% correct think to be able to post in this thread.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Recoome posted:

Also got into a fight with a weird yospos poster who has an autistic fetish about posting about hating sci-fi.

oh tori, well in that case i stand with amethyst.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Aesculus posted:

I recommend substituting chili for sweet chili if you're a coward like me

what sick filth is this? at least it isn't egg like those weirdo west australians.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Should have contracted out load testing to Lowtax, the forums could have used the money. He could have set them up with a sweet CloudFlare deal.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Starshark posted:

Would this have happened under Labor's NBN?

Yes because Labor's NBN would take a billion years to roll out :smug:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Ahh yes, Tony discussing the hyper-partisan issue of detaining asylum seekers on Nauru.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Ten Becquerels posted:

Prior to David Leyonhjelm being in the news with this 18C crap, I didn't know what he looked like and I was content not to know. I blame this thread for causing me to be subjected to his visage. He looks like an alien wearing a human suit inspired by humpty dumpty.

I didn't know it was possible to have so many wrinkles on one's forehead, although his forehead does extend all the way up to the top of his head.

He is one of the lizard men, like Abbott.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Cleretic posted:

We need to step up on the space program front, so we can finally and totally gently caress this gay earth and everybody in it.

lol if you think we are ever going to space. We can't create closed systems in space and humans aren't equipped to handle it. Earth's getting hosed with no hope of escape.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I'm thinking this whole economy thing is a little more complex than people are making out in this thread.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Endman posted:

It's certainly a lot more complex than the government explains it. I was listening to the radio this morning and had to deal with Scott Morrison attempting to convince Australia that the budget is like a bank account.

I'd like to think with the ubiquity of social media that people are slowly starting to wise up with that sort bullshit. That he had to go on radio to spruik that sort of poo poo ought to be telling.

It has started to happen with things like holding politicians accountable to promises and statements that they've previously made. I also wouldn't be shocked if the Internet played a part in convincing people on contentious issues such as climate change and privatisation. The economy might be a little more complex of an issue, but I like to be optimistic that people can be convinced of the notion that it is more complex than soundbites that politicians like to make. I think the tax cuts will lead to more and better jobs is one argument that has been eroded over the years partly due to online discussion.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Spare change is a pull factor. Stop it, and homelessness will go away.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

open24hours posted:

I can't work out the angle, are they utterly irrelevant or dangerous social engineering?

Complains that we aren't spending money on research that can boost productivity.
Cites a study into open office planning as an arty-farty waste of money.
Is literally illiterate.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

If it's such a great investment, maybe the government should invest in it and reap the profits.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

this tweeter seems mad that Hillary opened a jar of pickles as part of a rib on a late night talk show.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

:vince:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The length of those bars don't add up. Which is a shame because it would look way funnier.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Nibbles! posted:

It's not legally binding but when members are elected to reflect the views of their constitutes it's an affront to the process that they would ignore the result.

This is the main reason to support the plebiscite in my opinion. I wouldn't bet on separate legislation passing, and I'm sure that the Liberal party is only too happy to shrug and say 'at least we tried'. If a plebiscite is held and the legislation isn't passed in the way that the public expects, then it will sink the Liberal party. Hell, the party might tear itself apart even if everything passes without a hitch. At least with a plebiscite, you will have a festering wound that will come back to bite them in the rear end, similar to what has been happening with the NBN.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

Cmon dont gently caress this one up Shorten.

~~Change From Within

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

How many motions to suspend standing orders did Tony Abbott attempt to pass during opposition?

• Locked thread