Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqd3XJakRaE&t=125s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
When I was in high school I would actively gently caress around with a GameShark hex editor and try to "create" random GameShark codes that did cool stuff and while loving around I bricked my copy of Rouge Squadron on N64 and was never able to fix it, completely shaming my entire family.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_xJqkzngBI

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i played a lot of episode 1 racer and yoda stories, i think thats most of my star wars gaming

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

elf help book posted:

i played a lot of episode 1 racer and yoda stories, i think thats most of my star wars gaming
lol I remember seeing screenshots of Yoda Stories in PC Gamer or something and thinking that it was extremely a game that I would loving love to play, just based on the visual style. Sadly we were still a poor Win 3.1 family so I never got to play it.

I did have the weird parody game or whatever the gently caress it was though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHBiMJBSXVQ

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i think i played tie fighter before id seen a star war movie

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i played the first lego star wars w/my sister and that's the end of my star wars gaming history

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I played an insane amount of Yoda Stories back in the day. I think there was an Indiana Jones game in the same style too?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

We need another Rogue Squadron game so bad. The starfighter mode in the new Battlefront partially scratches the itch, but only partially.

A new KOTOR too, as long as I'm wishing.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

I played an insane amount of Yoda Stories back in the day. I think there was an Indiana Jones game in the same style too?

i feel like ive never heard of anyone playing the indy one

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I played Kotor 1 and 2.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
In Rebel Assault our joystick loving sucked and we could never get more than like 3 levels into the game but we found out that the passwords in the game were all just star wars themed words so me and my buddy racked our nerd brains trying every possible combination so we could eventually see all of the levels in the game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i played the first lego star wars w/my sister and that's the end of my star wars gaming history

its insanely hosed up there are people here that haven't played the RS games or the jedi knight series

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

JK2 is one of my favorite games of all time

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

dark forces, and dark forces II: jedi knight

KOTOR 1 is also pretty neato

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

JK2 is one of my favorite games of all time

its great but i still havent played a star wars fps where the guns feel good to shoot

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

its insanely hosed up there are people here that haven't played the RS games or the jedi knight series

star wars is stupid and bad.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

its great but i still havent played a star wars fps where the guns feel good to shoot

i thought they felt good in the JK series but yeah, its something that could be improved. maybe the next EA battlefront will get it right lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2bKVEVUOPg&t=1287s

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
someone timecode the scorpion frown plz

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

theres some fun star wars games though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hell ive had fun with some of the worse games just becuase it's star wars. like empire at war. its just cool to see star destroyers duke it out w the measly rebel forces

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

apparently theres another RTS in the works and a rough trailer leaked a few months ago but now i cant find the video anywhere

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

apparently theres another RTS in the works and a rough trailer leaked a few months ago but now i cant find the video anywhere

really excited for the 20 different star wars games ea has people over the world churning out, sure they'll all be worth playing so you can see some wookies kick ewoks

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I liked the Age of Empires II SW game a lot. Sucks that the actual Battlefront III will never come out

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What age of empires Star Wars game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

hell ive had fun with some of the worse games just becuase it's star wars. like empire at war. its just cool to see star destroyers duke it out w the measly rebel forces

ive had fun with the good games in spite of it being gay as hell star wars

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the tie fighter series of games would be just as epic if they were a generidcf space setting

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

What age of empires Star Wars game

it was literally a reskin of age of empires to have SW stuff in it, from what i remember it wasn't very good beyond the novelty of stacking up ATATs

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

it was literally a reskin of age of empires to have SW stuff in it, from what i remember it wasn't very good beyond the novelty of stacking up ATATs

Oh, i had never even heard of it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

this one? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Galactic_Battlegrounds

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yep. it was worse than aoe in many ways but its star wars so ppl ate it up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i love the brand

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Me and my dad used to have fun playing pod racer on the PC. He liked to play as "sebulba" [sp? I've never seen star wars episode 1]

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
X-Wing win

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

no they will not posted:

Me and my dad used to have fun playing pod racer on the PC. He liked to play as "sebulba" [sp? I've never seen star wars episode 1]

im sorry that your dad cheated to beat you. pod racer owns, i played the poo poo out of that on 64

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

drat there was a TAS of pod racer for the 64 where the dude was just flipping all over the place going so fast it broke the game's meter and i cant find it anywhere lol

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Pod Racer 64 was a great game. Although I don't really know if I beat it or not because iirc they started repeating courses on the same planet?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah. basically there were a couple of different tilesets but the courses were all very different.

the final course was the tatooine run from episode 1 and there were super hard bonus levels after that. there was also a pod racer on the PS2 that managed to kill everything that made the first one good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

There was also an arcade pod racing game with a big sit down cabinet with two levers to control your podracer that was pretty cool

• Locked thread