Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

How did someone as exacting as Wallenstein react when small things went awry on the battlefield? Did he berate commanders who showed unexpected initiative?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

WW1 tank takes over Trafalgar Square for 100th anniversary.

Can't wait to read more about this.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

So, by my count there were three foreign interventions that prolonged the Thirty Years' War after the Catholics had it won, but how many times could the conflict have ended with one side's victory before some foreign or local muckety–muck decided to get involved?

Also, what would :HRE: look like?

Arbite fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Sep 20, 2016

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Monocled Falcon posted:

Canadians can own guns?

Bears is scary.

*fake edit*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pLsM2ijRao

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Two questions about the H.R.E.

1. What was the most cohesive mobilization against an external enemy? 3rd Crusade? Siege of Vienna?

2. What was the best contemporary Statesman's Yearbook-like tome that covered every territory in it?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I remember reading that the 1871 indemnity was supposed to be the same as that imposed by Napoleon (plus inflation), is that the case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Trin Tragula posted:

I would just like to point out that there are excellent reasons to be worried about Battlefield 5's Germans, namely that Battlefield 1 had a campaign which I will never get bored of reminding people was outright Fascist propaganda from just about the first word

Did the Blackshirts have anything to say about Mussolini promoting Luigi Cadorna to field marshal years later?