Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Love Versantis Mine. Another 39 silver ore pulled out.

Time to masterwork :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

DancingShade posted:

Love Versantis Mine. Another 39 silver ore pulled out.

Time to masterwork :v:

How the hell are you killing three hardened skeleton archers? I don't know if I could barely kill one. This is bullshit. Reported.

e: I'm only seeing a couple veins of silver at a time, at the end of the mines behind the breakable wall with the earth elementals. This is the right place right?

Node fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Aug 21, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
There are ~4-5 silver veins in a side tunnel before you reach the bottom chamber and that has the majority. Some of them will respawn before you leave because it'll take a while to work through all the elementals.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I feel like this is really stupid to ask, but how do you get to Owl's Head now? The boat from Ardoris to Kingsport is gone since the last release I played. Is it the mopngate in Solace Bridge or what?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Unctuous Cretin posted:

I feel like this is really stupid to ask, but how do you get to Owl's Head now? The boat from Ardoris to Kingsport is gone since the last release I played. Is it the mopngate in Solace Bridge or what?

Boat just outside Brittany dumps you outside Kingsport on the overworld.

There's another boat inside Brittany Central that takes you to Kingsport docks directly.

Incidentally, if you ever find yourself wondering how hardcore the PVP players actually are in SotA there is one interesting statistic. 0.0% of the lots are claimed in either PVP flagged PRT (Brave Coast & Coral Cove).
I'm sure you can see the implication.

Just something to keep in mind if you ever come across a self professed PVP enthusiast in game.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Aug 21, 2016

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Well if the connection to Kingsport moved to Brittany, I guess there's not much tying me to Ardoris and I should place my lot in Estgard or Brittany for sure. Easy access to Owl's Nest was my main concern for staying near Ardoris.

Are there lower tier scenes near Brittany? I can wreck house in the Soltown catacombs and the 2 Perennial Trails, but I'm still a bit outmatched in most of the 2 skull scenes.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

DancingShade posted:

There are ~4-5 silver veins in a side tunnel before you reach the bottom chamber and that has the majority. Some of them will respawn before you leave because it'll take a while to work through all the elementals.

Its not the one with the 3 skeletons behind the breakable wall is it? I didn't see that tunnel.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

What does the demon with 12k hp in the Soltown catacombs drop? He is the first boss type mob I have seen.

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.
Okay, you guys may have convinced me to reinstall this. Now to find my account info. Can I transfer my account to Steam?

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
Yeah I'm pretty sure you can sync it to your steam account. I also just installed it since I got it a while ago after Croberts scammed me in to buying it with the promise of a super special space cross bow~

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

D-Pad posted:

What does the demon with 12k hp in the Soltown catacombs drop? He is the first boss type mob I have seen.

Could be wrong, but appears to be: 40-100 serpent scales, 10-30 obsidian chips, and a 10% chance of a non-gold crown of the obsidian.

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?
:parrot:

D-Pad posted:

Is that through the gate with all the red and orange baddies?

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Yep, just add Dancing Shade or Alexander DeLarge or Node's character with the weird name and send a whisper to join the guild.

I have requested friending. Char name is Stinky Britches.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Welcome to the future viking city.

I'm giving everyone officer rank since why not but also so everyone can invite anyone. /G is handy for talking across modes and zones.

Don't care if you invite non goons should you (gasp) have RL friends or whatever. Just do what you like.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Aug 22, 2016

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Just did a 4 hour totally blind dungeon crawl with the lunar dragons starting in etceter crag mines and falling apart between midgaeard passage (or whatever it's called) and the spectral mines when a bunch of people who'd run out of arrows went into spectral mines instead of back toward kiln, couldn't get back because of a locked door, and got torn apart by angry wizards.

It was so fun, so exciting. I know a day's going to come when every inch is mapped & everyone knows what the gently caress the "spritual barrier" around that megaboss lich in etceter crag is, but for right now, everything seems crazy and cool. Finding another false wall with like a dozen gold nodes behind it is incredible. That hilarious 5 false walls in a row tunnel in etceter crag was cool, finding that first key & getting it into the lock felt so good like we were working toward finding more incredible stuff, an adventure we thought was about to wrap up just kept going. Gosh.

If they could bring all the zones up to the fun/quality level of some of those mine areas, this game could be something really special.

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?

Pole arms are great once you learn how to use them. Only melee weapons that can hit multiple targets too.

I have been looking around but I haven't really found a combat guide for Polearms. Do you have any tips? I find that sometimes fights are over incredibly quick, and other times I get beaten down by a yellow and have to run for it.

Also I added you Alexander, tried to send a whisper but I must have just missed you. In game name is Londo Mollari.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

30.5 Days posted:

Just did a 4 hour totally blind dungeon crawl with the lunar dragons starting in etceter crag mines and falling apart between midgaeard passage (or whatever it's called) and the spectral mines when a bunch of people who'd run out of arrows went into spectral mines instead of back toward kiln, couldn't get back because of a locked door, and got torn apart by angry wizards.

It was so fun, so exciting. I know a day's going to come when every inch is mapped & everyone knows what the gently caress the "spritual barrier" around that megaboss lich in etceter crag is, but for right now, everything seems crazy and cool. Finding another false wall with like a dozen gold nodes behind it is incredible. That hilarious 5 false walls in a row tunnel in etceter crag was cool, finding that first key & getting it into the lock felt so good like we were working toward finding more incredible stuff, an adventure we thought was about to wrap up just kept going. Gosh.

If they could bring all the zones up to the fun/quality level of some of those mine areas, this game could be something really special.

I soloed that last night, thanks for giving up the best gold spawns in the game rear end in a top hat :(

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Node posted:

Thanks for fixing the Soltown fire quest, Lum!

If you don't mind taking more quest report bugs in this thread (too lazy to log into the main forums,) Bodan in Braemar gives a quest to kill a wolf pack leader in the South Vale Trail. I killed it, but didn't get an update, and he doesn't respond to me when I told him about it.

e: Also I will accept all Release Grand Tour hats as a thank you. thank you

Tracking who gets credit on a mob kill for a quest is currently borked up for scenes with other players. Go kill the stupid wolf in SPO for now. (I don't know why you're bothering)

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Node posted:

Lord British wouldn't hide behind a pseudonym. If He were to ever arrive on Something Awful, we would know it, and bend our knees.

He spends his time on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/RichardGarriott

Texibus
May 18, 2008

Jimlit posted:

I soloed that last night, thanks for giving up the best gold spawns in the game rear end in a top hat :(

OHHH NO, all three of you will be swarming the area intermittently :)

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Ya'll have just had enough of lord british's poo poo: https://clips.twitch.tv/shroudoftheavatar/ProudWombatStrawBeary

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Oh god this is hard to watch. https://clips.twitch.tv/shroudoftheavatar/WrongSardineMrDestructoid

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
https://clips.twitch.tv/shroudoftheavatar/PerfectScorpionPMSTwin

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?

What is happening
:psypop:

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Lobus posted:

What is happening
:psypop:

We're doing a 12 hour telethon. That's me in the corner trying to work while having people poke cameras at me.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
If you want cool cosmetics and poo poo, spend $5 on the store today.

$10,000: /aeroplane emote
$25,000: ? and ! Hats
$35,000: Aeronaut Outfit
$50,000: Accordion musical instrument
$65,000: Mini Automaton Pet
$80,000: Baby Clockwork Dragon Pet
+ More if we go beyond!

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Lum_ posted:

We're doing a 12 hour telethon. That's me in the corner trying to work while having people poke cameras at me.

*shoves cheap novelty fishing poll at u*

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

If you want cool cosmetics and poo poo, spend $5 on the store today.

$10,000: /aeroplane emote
$25,000: ? and ! Hats
$35,000: Aeronaut Outfit
$50,000: Accordion musical instrument
$65,000: Mini Automaton Pet
$80,000: Baby Clockwork Dragon Pet
+ More if we go beyond!

Don't forget, random sales throughout the day. I'm personally waiting for us to get 20% off wings so I can get some clockwork wings for $8 & get all these fabulous prizes

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

30.5 Days posted:

Don't forget, random sales throughout the day. I'm personally waiting for us to get 20% off wings so I can get some clockwork wings for $8 & get all these fabulous prizes

I got a viking rowboat decoration for my house in viking city. Doesn't make much sense since I'm nowhere near the waterfront but ¯\_(シ)_/¯

Also, you didn't do last telethon? You get these clockwork wings (different but still cool)

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 22, 2016

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
The things Lum does for this game: https://clips.twitch.tv/shroudoftheavatar/PleasantJellyfishTheThing

Not pictured: this continuing on for another 90 seconds while other people on camera get increasingly uncomfortable.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

I got a viking rowboat decoration for my house in viking city. Doesn't make much sense since I'm nowhere near the waterfront but ¯\_(シ)_/¯

Also, you didn't do last telethon? You get these clockwork wings (different but still cool)

I go tthis game like last week.

EDIT: https://clips.twitch.tv/shroudoftheavatar/WonderfulWaspCorgiDerp

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
This fuckin guy https://clips.twitch.tv/shroudoftheavatar/DrabMinkGrammarKing

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Wish I could keep watching but I have to go and do work things.

Entertaining as always though. That accordion instrument has some potential - I hope it's obnoxiously loud.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

30.5 Days posted:

The things Lum does for this game: https://clips.twitch.tv/shroudoftheavatar/PleasantJellyfishTheThing

Not pictured: this continuing on for another 90 seconds while other people on camera get increasingly uncomfortable.

It's either that or drink shots and I want to actually go home in my own car today.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
This round of wheel spins, we got the rights to buy lord british's blood at 30% off and this: https://clips.twitch.tv/shroudoftheavatar/TalentedMinkKippa

EDIT: I can confidently say that this is the best day of my entire life.

30.5 Days fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 23, 2016

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Wait did these larpers add their own chyrons to their webcam output?

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

30.5 Days posted:

Wait did these larpers add their own chyrons to their webcam output?

Google Hangouts does that natively, so enjoy!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Mr. The Mad, have you ever considered adding a boss monster named Abashi?

Node fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 23, 2016

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Texibus posted:

OHHH NO, all three of you will be swarming the area intermittently :)

dont gently caress with my money goons...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
So today they crossed the 10 million dollar mark, so everyone gets a cape of some sort. They also raised $200k during the telethon and ran out of ideas for stretch goals.

If you dropped at least 5 bux today, you got:

- Airplane emote
- Wow quest symbol top hats
- Aeronaut Outfit
- Mini automaton pet
- An in-game camera emote that takes black and white photos
- Clockwork Armor with radio in helmet (?)
- Flaming Bagpipes with leather & metal kilt
- An umbrella which changes the weather
- They couldn't think of anything else when we hit $200k but we'll get something else but they have to think of it first

As for me, I spent $11 and got a pair of wings and a flute in addition to all of the above so I'm a pretty happy camper.