Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
My mother in law is in town, but I will join up / contribute next week. Character is Ailde Bogle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Switch to Single Player Online. It seems counter-intuitive in an MMO, but this isn't really an MMO anyway. They may have fixed it, but in previous releases you can have a zone all to yourself, including the mobs and resources. The negative is that if you get in over your head, there's not going to be any passersby to help.

I used to spend most of my idle time wandering around the Owl's Nest mining in SPO to horde ore, but that was at least 3 releases ago.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I've heard that it lowers your XP gain but I have no confirmation on that.

Even if it does, it will probably even out by having access to more nodes and spawns.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
You can add plaintext translation in the options for the overworld map. The city maps you're stuck though.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I can place my row lot on the 22nd. If there ends up being anywhere with a goon presence I will head there.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I probably won't log in much until the 22nd when I can claim my lot, so I just marched out to Estgard and put myself in a good spot to jump in and claim something near the crafting pavillion.

Character's name is Ailde Bogle, throw me on your friends' lists and I'll see you all in the next couple of weeks.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
In keeping with Portalarium's ridiculous convention of calling everything "X of the Avatar" can we use it for the guild name?

Goon of Avatar, Stairs of the Avatar, Goonsquad of the Avatar, etc?

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Hey, if you guys want the guild, we're gonna need to do a fundraiser. I have 10,000. If you have a couple thousand to toss my way, please do. I'm going to do some Tower of the Shuttered Eye runs to make a little more today and tomorrow.

I'll pitch in as well. Been tooling around and will throw whatever I can spare if I see you online.

Is Bark Bread still like printing money, or did they fix that?

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I feel like this is really stupid to ask, but how do you get to Owl's Head now? The boat from Ardoris to Kingsport is gone since the last release I played. Is it the mopngate in Solace Bridge or what?

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Well if the connection to Kingsport moved to Brittany, I guess there's not much tying me to Ardoris and I should place my lot in Estgard or Brittany for sure. Easy access to Owl's Nest was my main concern for staying near Ardoris.

Are there lower tier scenes near Brittany? I can wreck house in the Soltown catacombs and the 2 Perennial Trails, but I'm still a bit outmatched in most of the 2 skull scenes.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Same. I got one of the middle ones on the row of 4 next to the town center. We're probably neighbors.

Hopefully when they come in and redesign I don't end up somewhere less convenient.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
The lots won't move, but I'm thinking more along the lines of the stuff around it moving. I'm right behind the bank, next to dock, etc.

Is that stuff still going to be there? Are the npc buildings considered to be "lots" as well?

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Worst case scenario, I'm off on Thursday when 33 drops and can run around and move lots if need be.

Do we have any crafter specializing so far that I should horde mats for? I'm thinking I'm going to focus on tailoring, tanning, and textiles, I think.

Hopefully that pays off and we eventually get a load of craftable pretty clothes.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Check near the crafting areas in the main cities.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Is there benefit to focusing on a few skills rather than just doing everything?

I guess that applies to adventure and crafting, but I'm thinking of craft specifically.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Speaking of Estgard being ad hoc Goontown, are any of you high rollers planning on donating a portion of your manse to be Paladis Paladin clubhouse?

And that being said, anyone with yard space want to duke me some land for cotton farming?

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Anyone who didn't pledge high enough to get a house: in-game lottery for property lots starts with this release tomorrow.

quote:

Lot Deed Raffle: Players can now buy raffle tickets with in-game gold for a chance to win Taxed Lot Deeds. There are two raffles, one for each lot type: Place-Anywhere Deeds (PAD) and Player-Owned Town Deeds (POT). Raffle tickets grant the holder a chance to win a deed of any size (Row, Village, Town, or City). Raffles will be held monthly and we will have multiple winners for each lot size (numbers will vary each month). Place-Anywhere Deed raffle tickets are more expensive but will have fewer deeds in each raffle than POT raffle tickets, which are more affordable and will have many more deeds in each raffle. This means your chances to win a POT deed are much greater. The following are the numbers we will be releasing in the first raffles:
Place Anywhere Deeds (75):
Row: 40
Village: 20
Town: 10
City: 5
Player Owned Town Deeds (600):
Row: 320
Village: 160
Town: 80
City: 40

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Hometown or whatever it's called is coming back in 33. It's a whole town filled with unlocked houses you can peek in. I think it's off the coast in Novia near Ardoris.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Remember how the guards in Estgard said "Halt, papers please!" when you ran through the gates. Well, that little low palisade with no gate is now a massive stone wall with massive gates and guards who refuse to open them without papers. So if you live in Estgard, you'd better head to Resolute to get access.

Meanwhile I'm squirreling around the perimeter with everything I had in other banks trying to find a hidden entrance!

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
The gate that you get to if you follow the road straight in did not open. I went around to the other gates and they opened after I showed Knight Tracy's papers to the respective guards.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

DancingShade posted:

Where did you find her corpse?

It was one of the one's in the city. Try the top of the stairs leading to the central keep.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

Node posted:

Goddamnit, my house in Estgard is facing a wall instead of the street it is on. It looks goofy as hell.

Someone else complained so you don't have to. Maybe squawk in there and get yourself added to the list.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I like it. I think in the long-term it's going to be a good spot to be in. We're a minute's walk from Brittany (so easy access to the Hidden Vale) and Eastreach Gap is only slightly farther, so easy access to Ardoris. Being part of the Valhold/Resolute/HIghvale storyline will also guarantee a pretty regularly flow of traffic for those of us with vendors.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
At least we got to see all the priceless works of art in the hidden gallery hallways!

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Read this. It's a more in-depth explanation of what PMB is saying.

Understanding that will propel to a much more enjoyable and playable combat game.

Unctuous Cretin fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 29, 2016

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

Can we edit this into the OP under the video guide?

Feel free to put my character name (Ailde Bogle) for invites. I'm around pretty reliably in the evening and on weekends.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I think a lot of it stems from how much pandering Portalarium's done based on community feedback. Read the suggestions subforums if you really want to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Most of it is so absurdly off the wall that it makes me wonder if we're even playing the same game. One in particular was a request for animals and zombies that eat corpses when they're idling. If disturbed, there's a chance they might attack you with a severed limb from the corpse. Additionally, he wants mud to be slippery and cause "pieces of cloth or mud" to obscure vision until shaken loose.

Like, dude, I can't even get it to look like the spot I'm swinging at is actually occupied by the thing I'm swinging at.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
M toggles the compass off and on.

Here's a current (as far as I know) map as well:

http://i.imgur.com/nOmDBtu.jpg

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

Akion posted:

So I got bored and wandered off to Hidden Vale. Is it a decent place to hang out and level or is the area around Soltown better?

Hidden Vale (specifically Owl's Head and Kingsport) were the 2 main hubs for the longest time, before Ardoris was done, so a lot of the content there has been in place since the beginning. You can hang in HIdden Vale for quite some time, but the scenes feel smaller. It could just be because I've run them so many times, though.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Anyone having any success spec'd archer? I'm thinking about changing from heavy armor and polearm to light armor and bow to makes things a little more frenetic.

I'm only leary because I haven't played archer since around release 25 and things have changed a lot; has it been for the better?

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I saw that change in my friends list and just figured your rerolled your character.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Stan Q'Brigis or Stinq Ybrichez

Unctuous Cretin fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Sep 5, 2016

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Can you make exceptional parts of armor (straps, sheets, etc)? And if so, does it affect the outcome of the final product?

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

Node posted:

It's kind of fun right now to look for items to decorate your house with, sort of like a scavenger hunt.

Or stealing bread from the baker, vegetables from the grocer, and fish from fishmonger to take them back to your house and find they've tripled in size in your pack!

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I've been trying to use the game forums more often, since so much of the wiki and various other sites is obsolete, but it's hard to read.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Hopefully everyone will get a clean slate on the virtue scale when all that gets thrown in.

Are tool repair kits craftable or only purchased from NPCs currently?

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
When I first started playing I had lovely conversations with every NPC. Now it's a rapid-fire "What is your name? My name is Ailde. What is your job? How can I help?" followed by scrolling up and keyword hunting. I might as well bind it to a result recdu vendor buy macro.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Pretty sure Ranger armor was a prize ticket item. You had to find someone in the then massive world of your UO shard who had the matching half of your ticket. Black dye tub was the typical go to, in my circles at least.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

Node posted:

I wish crates had loot in them sometimes like the patch notes said. I wish there was more loot. Give me loot to loot.

You have to drop out of combat (which is toggled by smacking the crate) and wait for your glyphs to go away before you can loot the broken crates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I'd also be happy to trade my row lot for a tax free city or town. Castle if I have to.